Another GOTY Title

22 minutes ago, GayGamerUK said:

You have My Name Is Mayo and the Powgi games on your list, how is this any worse? Pot/Kettle?

The proceeds from those games don't go to supporting an organisation touting an anti-gay, anti-trans, anti-choice agenda.

Say what you like about the quality of the games themselves, but that is a material difference from my point of view.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The proceeds from those games don't go to supporting an organisation touting an anti-gay, anti-trans, anti-choice agenda.

Say what you like about the quality of the games themselves, but that is a material difference from my point of view.

I was blissfully unaware of this before I made my purchase. Think Sony will refund me but let me keep the trophies? ?‍♂️

Just now, GayGamerUK said:

I was blissfully unaware of this before I made my purchase. Think Sony will refund me but let me keep the trophies? ?‍♂️

I doubt it - maybe just make an equivalent dollar amount charitable donation to an organisation you support that works for the other side of these issues for some karmic re-alignment? ?

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt it - maybe just make an equivalent dollar amount charitable donation to an organisation you support that works for the other side of these issues for some karmic re-alignment? 1f602.png

Seems like a good plan! So, which developers are flying the rainbow flag? Hopefully one with £0.79 platinums too! I’ll stick an extra £10 in at Brighton Pride this year if it goes ahead, the world is back in balance!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GayGamerUK said:

Seems like a good plan! So, which developers are flying the rainbow flag? Hopefully one with £0.79 platinums too! I’ll stick an extra £10 in at Brighton Pride this year if it goes ahead, the world is back in balance!

Pretty sure the PS Store actually has an LBGTQ+ positive section, but if you're looking for games that I can recall off the top of my head, I'd say:

Life is Strange series

Gone Home

Night in the Woods

Dream Daddy

Tachoma

The Last of Us 2 (and TLOU Left Behind)

Mass Effect Andromeda

Firewatch

are all decent choices

On 7/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, B1rvine said:

Fun Fact : These "games" were made before trophies existed.

https://www.breakthroughgaming.com/store/allgames_release.html

Thank you.  My life was incomplete without ZJ the ball and Zippy the circle

24 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Pretty sure the PS Store actually has an LBGTQ+ positive section, but if you're looking for games that I can recall off the top of my head, I'd say:

Life is Strange series

Gone Home

Night in the Woods

Dream Daddy

Tachoma

The Last of Us 2 (and TLOU Left Behind)

Mass Effect Andromeda

Firewatch

are all decent choices

I dont think I'd include Firewatch on that list.

Firewatch, developed by Campo Santo, has one gay character, as the player can find various notes about two characters, Ron and Dave. Dave is said to have crushed on Ron, who never reciprocated his feelings. If the player manages to find all of the notes, Henry and Delilah have a brief conversation about them, in which Henry mentions that Dave was beaten up at bar for being gay.

6 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I dont think I'd include Firewatch on that list.

Firewatch, developed by Campo Santo, has one gay character, as the player can find various notes about two characters, Ron and Dave. Dave is said to have crushed on Ron, who never reciprocated his feelings. If the player manages to find all of the notes, Henry and Delilah have a brief conversation about them, in which Henry mentions that Dave was beaten up at bar for being gay.

Fair enough - it wasn't a researched list - just ones off the top of my head I recalled as treating LBGTQ+ issues without nastiness or stereotyping - I'm sure I'm forgetting some bits and pieces and certainly forgetting some games entirely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...