Thoughts on the Trophy List?

This seems to be a remastered version of an older game in the series, hopefully there's someone here that can give us some info on how hard / how long this list will be, but given how its apparently "coming to the west for the first time", i doubt there'll be anyone.

For what its worth, the game did look fun from the little gameplay snippets i looked up online.

For anyone that is interested here is the trailer.  I’m actually super excited about this remaster!  Had a blast with Akiba’s Trip on the VITA and I’m going to pick this up for the PS4.  There will be a physical release for this game for anyone interested in picking up a copy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jounochi said:

For anyone that is interested here is the trailer.  I’m actually super excited about this remaster!  Had a blast with Akiba’s Trip on the VITA and I’m going to pick this up for the PS4.  There will be a physical release for this game for anyone interested in picking up a copy.

Nice Trailer , lets put some extremly loud music over the bad english VA ^_^ . (i dont really know if its bad VA .... i cant hear much of it)

I've almost finished the Asia version, it's the PSP game. For someone who has spent allot of time in Akihabara, I really like these games. What can I say? Not that hard but then no-one can say how hard a game is in these snowflakey days. Maybe a little too hard for pure trophy hunting? in case you're expecting easy? Idk how good people are at gaming, I'm old. But for those interested in the Actual gameplay, this port is brilliant.

Edited by Z1MZUM

11 minutes ago, KIERONOO said:

My copy in the UK somehow got dispatched today and is coming tomorrow. Is this like undead and undressed where you have to do multiple playthrough’s to get all the endings?

Yes, there are a couple you can do in one playthrough. There is no guide out there, I do have most trophies now but I don't want to spoil anything because you can work out most yourself. Very much like Undead and Undressed however the HK version is in English and been out since May. 

Anyway yes, multiple endings, you keep equipment, also three different difficulty endings that I don't think stack. 

Edit, Sorry if that sounded rude, what I meant was most trophies will come naturally.

Edited by Z1MZUM

I can confirm most trophies will be obtained through a natural playthrough but as someone already mentioned there are three endings but this should not be long to do if you really enjoy the game/story.

My pre-order has been in for awhile as I played the Undead & Undressed game on PS3 and PS4 and I love the game world and it's characters so it will be nice to return to Akiba!

Edited by kana_chidori

I've finished the game in AS version..nice game and I would say it is not hard to platinum the game if you know what to do because you can speedrun the game in 2 hour (1 playthrough) or 5,6 hours if doing some quest. 

For me there are few thing quite hard/ time consuming.

1.Ending: Actually there is 4+1 sister ending in order to obtain the all ending trophy, one of the ending is not related to any trophy. You CAN'T use save load trick to obtain trophy.

2.Holic mode: The hardest difficulty, armor is useless even you wear fullset 999 armor (enemy will take you down in few hit and they counter a lot). What make me frustrated is the control/ combo is very bad, even you press the correct button, some time it will not combo and unleash normal attack only.

3.999 weapon/ armor: takes time because you can only obtain the material in Holic mode, you need lotsssss of material & money. Which in holic mode the money is very difficult to earn due to stronger enemy. So you will need to do some preparation in lower difficulty first such as grind for +99 weapon/ armor, need at least 11 set of +99 weapon & +99 armor 

4. 50 titles: I using Japanese guide and choose those easy one.

Overall not very hard to platinum now, because there is few japanese & Chinese guide out there. 

Edited by Sigmund92
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sigmund92 said:

I've finished the game in AS version..nice game and I would say it is not hard to platinum the game if you know what to do because you can speedrun the game in 2 hour (1 playthrough) or 5,6 hours if doing some quest. 

For me there are few thing quite hard/ time consuming.

1.Ending: Actually there is 4+1 sister ending in order to obtain the all ending trophy, one of the ending is not related to any trophy. You CAN'T use save load trick to obtain trophy.

2.Holic mode: The hardest difficulty, armor is useless even you wear fullset 999 armor (enemy will take you down in few hit and they counter a lot). What make me frustrated is the control/ combo is very bad, even you press the correct button, some time it will not combo and unleash normal attack only.

3.999 weapon/ armor: takes time because you can only obtain the material in Holic mode, you need lotsssss of material & money. Which in holic mode the money is very difficult to earn due to stronger enemy. So you will need to do some preparation in lower difficulty first such as grind for +99 weapon/ armor, need at least 11 set of +99 weapon & +99 armor 

4. 50 titles: I using Japanese guide and choose those easy one.

Overall not very hard to platinum now, because there is few japanese & Chinese guide out there. 

Yes the save load will not to do anything except give you the ending trophy, You'll need to play again anyway on the last save to get the see all endings. I'm getting all the material in Otaku and gamer mode, Like hours of just beating up everyone.

Edit: Sigmund, thanks for the tip, I've got enough material and haven't even finished Otaku mode then. I just don't have the hours to keep playing.

I have one question, Is the Blood Donor there as a Joke at the station? Because it is kind of funny when you think about it, it also makes me think that people of Akihabara will hate you if you donate,,, IDK, I try not to be a spoiler guy and read guides as a last resort. So that question is for you.

Edited by Z1MZUM

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yes the save load will not to do anything except give you the ending trophy, You'll need to play again anyway on the last save to get the see all endings. I'm getting all the material in Otaku and gamer mode, Like hours of just beating up everyone.

Edit: Sigmund, thanks for the tip, I've got enough material and haven't even finished Otaku mode then. I just don't have the hours to keep playing.

I have one question, Is the Blood Donor there as a Joke at the station? Because it is kind of funny when you think about it, it also makes me think that people of Akihabara will hate you if you donate,,, IDK, I try not to be a spoiler guy and read guides as a last resort. So that question is for you.

Happy to see another people out here like this game.

I take my time slowly and enjoy the game during the first few run. For Otaku and holic, I don't want stress myself so much so I just save money and buy lot of suncreen then rush through.

If I remember correctly the blood donor will not have any impact on the game. I think people hate you when you attack them too frequent and didn't do quest for them.

Edited by Sigmund92
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, Sigmund92 said:

Happy to see another people out here like this game.

I take my time slowly and enjoy the game during the first few run. For Otaku and holic, I don't want stress myself so much so I just save money and buy lot of suncreen then rush through.

If I remember correctly the blood donor will not have any impact on the game. I think people hate you when you attack them too frequent and didn't do quest for them.

Oh for some reason, I got the "hate" trophy last night after beating up on the public on my fourth playthrough literally in a couple of minutes into the game. Even though I spent hours doing the same thing on previous runs, Ah well a guide in English will come out soon enough. Fun game, I have just over 40 titles.

• 2 weeks later...

49 Titles on the AS version :)

Idk, I really do like the Akiba titles and finished most. Undead and Undressed plus Shinobido 2 are my true Covid Quarantine titles, Both games are like an obsession as both where Platinumed during my time on the Diamond Princess.

I find myself with this title and I have played it before, but now in English with Trophies.

Looking for some advice on weapon and clothing upgrade items. What is the most reliable way to upgrade to 999? 

If I sell some upgraded weapons to the junk shop do I have to buy the upgrade item right away? I'm trying to save all the money for the 1 million yen trophy, so I am trying not to buy the tungsten but it seems no new upgrade items show up in the shop.

Thanks.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:34 AM, SayWord01 said:

Looking for some advice on weapon and clothing upgrade items. What is the most reliable way to upgrade to 999? 

If I sell some upgraded weapons to the junk shop do I have to buy the upgrade item right away? I'm trying to save all the money for the 1 million yen trophy, so I am trying not to buy the tungsten but it seems no new upgrade items show up in the shop.

Thanks.

You can buy the tungsten and synth from the Junk shop you sell them too, I don't think there is a quick way. So you need about 10-11 level 99 of weapons and clothes, then in holic mode sell them and buy the material back. You'll get 1 million from just playing through, save as much material but remember the buy back in the junk store only works on upgraded items. In short, sell upgraded items regardless of what level, buy back the material and upgrade again. Sigmund92 may explain that better.

Thank you for the response, it does make a lot of sense.

in Holic Mode, if you sell level 99 weapons/armor, you can get tungsten +99 items?

Also, do you have a link to a Japanese or Asian version guide of the game? I'd like to look up the title requirements.

If you want to level up the clothes quickly, dress up your sister and ask/pay her to abuse you (I think it was 'scold'). Every time she does, the clothes she's wearing will jump up by about 10 levels. Then, just stock them up, move over to Holic and sell them.

As you lose all your money when moving difficulties, you can jump back to an easier difficulty to farm for money - once the upgrade items are in the junk shop, they'll remain in there, even if you drop the difficulty. That's what I did until I had my weapon and gear fully levelled up - although clothes are pointless in the highest difficulty due to how quickly you'll lose them.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:58 AM, turniplord said:

If you want to level up the clothes quickly, dress up your sister and ask/pay her to abuse you (I think it was 'scold'). Every time she does, the clothes she's wearing will jump up by about 10 levels. Then, just stock them up, move over to Holic and sell them.

As you lose all your money when moving difficulties, you can jump back to an easier difficulty to farm for money - once the upgrade items are in the junk shop, they'll remain in there, even if you drop the difficulty. That's what I did until I had my weapon and gear fully levelled up - although clothes are pointless in the highest difficulty due to how quickly you'll lose them.

That is awesome, I just got the see all endings btw and started Holic. Also ordered the anniversary English edition from the states. So you can change difficulty?

Edited by Z1MZUM

• 5 weeks later...

I am trying to grind Tungsten for Holic mode, I tried it and got demolished. I cannot find a good way to grind this one that is not tedious though.

Also despite getting all the endings Akibahara Historian did not unlock.

EDIT: not 100% sure but there are 2 Shadow Soul paths and I only got 1. Will test the second.

Edited by Void

On 8/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, Void said:

I am trying to grind Tungsten for Holic mode, I tried it and got demolished. I cannot find a good way to grind this one that is not tedious though.

Also despite getting all the endings Akibahara Historian did not unlock.

EDIT: not 100% sure but there are 2 Shadow Soul paths and I only got 1. Will test the second.

I tried Holic on my 3rd run and also got demolished. After some frustration, I figured out that it can be easy (with some grinding). Most of the information I've seen online isn't that helpful. First, clothing is not useless; having a set of +999 clothes makes a huge difference. Second, the worth of taurimin X (2x attack) and smalt magazine (1.5x or 2x durability) can't be understated. Their effects are temporary of course, but they last until exiting the current area. 99 of each is more than enough for a Holic playthrough (use both before every fight). Both can be purchased from the convenience store, I believe. Lastly, the best way to get tungsten is from Holic, where NPCs can drop up to +9 weapons. You won't need a +999 weapon right away, but it certainly helps. Note that you can abandon the current playthrough with no penalty (aside from losing all money) by using the exit at the station.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, Cave Johnson said:

I tried Holic on my 3rd run and also got demolished. After some frustration, I figured out that it can be easy (with some grinding). Most of the information I've seen online isn't that helpful. First, clothing is not useless; having a set of +999 clothes makes a huge difference. Second, the worth of taurimin X (2x attack) and smalt magazine (1.5x or 2x durability) can't be understated. Their effects are temporary of course, but they last until exiting the current area. 99 of each is more than enough for a Holic playthrough (use both before every fight). Both can be purchased from the convenience store, I believe. Lastly, the best way to get tungsten is from Holic, where NPCs can drop up to +9 weapons. You won't need a +999 weapon right away, but it certainly helps. Note that you can abandon the current playthrough with no penalty (aside from losing all money) by using the exit at the station.

thanks, I will add that info to the guide with credit to you. I started another Otaku run and learned that if you lose a Lv 999 armor it reverts back to Lv 99.

I might not be able to complete HOLIC, the SVG fight is killing me WAY TOO FAST even with boosters.

Edited by Void