Thoughts on the Trophy List?

NIRO has the easiest final Boss on Holic as she only has 2 pieces of clothing and in the park so plenty of room. I got stuck into the Shadow Soul Route and the final boss is in a small room with 3 pieces of clothing. He was also hitting me for 140k with his unblockable.

Edited by Void

Hey guys, 

I just finished the Asian version, and it was not really a great experience. 

You really need to upgrade everything to 999 for holic if you are unskilled like me. 

But I just found out there is rather dull way of winning holic.

In the shoplist for convenience store, there is Sunscreen X(dont know Eng ver name) that prevents you from game over after all clothes ripped off.

In the combat, if you keep wearing it for every 30 secs, you will not die.

I have tried, and no way it worked!!!

smart phone screen can be accessed only all the time, I think it is one way to work it out.

My life should have been much easier if known it before...:(

13 hours ago, Void said:

NIRO has the easiest final Boss on Holic as she only has 2 pieces of clothing and in the park so plenty of room. I got stuck into the Shadow Soul Route and the final boss is in a small room with 3 pieces of clothing. He was also hitting me for 140k with his unblockable.

I see... wait is the final boss for "NIRO Route" Suzu or Rui?

The old man was a goddamn bastard on Otaku difficulty so I can picture him being 10 times harder on Holic difficulty.

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I see... wait is the final boss for "NIRO Route" Suzu or Rui?

The old man was a goddamn bastard on Otaku difficulty so I can picture him being 10 times harder on Holic difficulty.

Even with an Excawibur and Lv 999 he shredded my clothes and if it were not for the sun block I would not have won. After using both boosters i had 02 seconds left on the sunblock when i finally beat him. Took 2 days of on and off fighting to beat him too.

for the NIRO route you would fight

Spoiler

Suzu

in the park before the Mother Soul mission then

Spoiler

Rui

for the final battle.

• Like 1

Finally got past Yu(1st fight), Suzu & Rui and then SVG or whatever that High-School uniform wearing Shadow Soul's name was on Holic. Still none of the 30 enemies missions has showed up yet so I can farm for EXP and Money to make the rest of the Holic run somewhat easier.

@Void Sorry for not responding sooner; since classes started last month I've been even less active here than usual. Seeing that you submitted the guide (I can't see your trophy list), it seems you were able get through Holic. Based on what you said, I think weapon choice could be a factor. I used bare hands / fist weapons (more specifically, the weapon the master drops) and with +999 equipment and buff items, I honestly thought that Holic was quite easy. 

13 hours ago, Cave Johnson said:

@Void Sorry for not responding sooner; since classes started last month I've been even less active here than usual. Seeing that you submitted the guide (I can't see your trophy list), it seems you were able get through Holic. Based on what you said, I think weapon choice could be a factor. I used bare hands / fist weapons (more specifically, the weapon the master drops) and with +999 equipment and buff items, I honestly thought that Holic was quite easy. 

no worries and yes i finally beat Holic and it was not fun. maybe the weapon makes a difference but i really do not want to play that difficulty ever again. I was on the Shadow Soul Route and the boss was INSANE. He kept doing unblockable attacks and was extremely fast. I managed to beat him with 2 seconds left on my sunblock.

Edited by Void

18 hours ago, Void said:

no worries and yes i finally beat Holic and it was not fun. maybe the weapon makes a difference but i really do not want to play that difficulty ever again. I was on the Shadow Soul Route and the boss was INSANE. He kept doing unblockable attacks and was extremely fast. I managed to beat him with 2 seconds left on my sunblock.

Regardless, Holic is a poorly designed difficulty that is incredibly cheap; I don't think anyone could defend it. I'm glad it's not in Akiba's Trip 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 3:06 AM, Sigmund92 said:

I've finished the game in AS version..nice game and I would say it is not hard to platinum the game if you know what to do because you can speedrun the game in 2 hour (1 playthrough) or 5,6 hours if doing some quest. 

For me there are few thing quite hard/ time consuming.

1.Ending: Actually there is 4+1 sister ending in order to obtain the all ending trophy, one of the ending is not related to any trophy. You CAN'T use save load trick to obtain trophy.

2.Holic mode: The hardest difficulty, armor is useless even you wear fullset 999 armor (enemy will take you down in few hit and they counter a lot). What make me frustrated is the control/ combo is very bad, even you press the correct button, some time it will not combo and unleash normal attack only.

3.999 weapon/ armor: takes time because you can only obtain the material in Holic mode, you need lotsssss of material & money. Which in holic mode the money is very difficult to earn due to stronger enemy. So you will need to do some preparation in lower difficulty first such as grind for +99 weapon/ armor, need at least 11 set of +99 weapon & +99 armor 

4. 50 titles: I using Japanese guide and choose those easy one.

Overall not very hard to platinum now, because there is few japanese & Chinese guide out there. 

Which endings are there please either reply to this or pm me I've done 5 endings and I'm on 10 clears this is getting on my nerves much appreciated

• 7 months later...

Since this game is always on sale for under £20, I have a couple of questions before committing to getting it :):

1: I know the difficulty is quite high but is this a fun hard game or is it one with cheap deaths and bad game design?

2: Are there any confirmed buggy trophies as of the 1.03 patch?

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Since this game is always on sale for under £20, I have a couple of questions before committing to getting it :):

1: I know the difficulty is quite high but is this a fun hard game or is it one with cheap deaths and bad game design?

2: Are there any confirmed buggy trophies as of the 1.03 patch?

I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you liked the second game (Undead and Undressed). The gameplay is similar, but is noticeably rough around the edges compared to the sequel. Difficulty wise, it is reasonable except for the hardest difficulty, which is incredibly cheap. On this difficulty, every enemy is a massive damage sponge while the player character seems to be made of glass. With the right amount of preparation (and grinding), however, I didn't find it to be all that difficult. I should note that I platinumed Undead and Undressed twice before though, so I already had a lot of experience with the combat. 

The trophy for getting all the endings was buggy back when I played it, but other than that I'm not sure. I got the platinum at the end of August last year, so as for what has been fixed since then (if anything), I'm afraid I can't provide a sufficient answer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cave Johnson said:

I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you liked the second game (Undead and Undressed). The gameplay is similar, but is noticeably rough around the edges compared to the sequel. Difficulty wise, it is reasonable except for the hardest difficulty, which is incredibly cheap. On this difficulty, every enemy is a massive damage sponge while the player character seems to be made of glass. With the right amount of preparation (and grinding), however, I didn't find it to be all that difficult. I should note that I platinumed Undead and Undressed twice before though, so I already had a lot of experience with the combat. 

The trophy for getting all the endings was buggy back when I played it, but other than that I'm not sure. I got the platinum at the end of August last year, so as for what has been fixed since then (if anything), I'm afraid I can't provide a sufficient answer. 

Thank you for the info :). I do like the sequel but have yet to truly wrap my head around the combat, which means I'll probably skip this game :(.

39 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for the info :). I do like the sequel but have yet to truly wrap my head around the combat, which means I'll probably skip this game :(.

In that case I suppose it's better to skip it. If you ever change your mind, I'm sure it will go on sale many more times in the future.

• Like 1