Gift giving freak

Ted0717

Can anyone confirm how this is calculated?

is it based on the gifts itself or is it based on every character getting every gift?

for example- the squash racquet can be given to 4 different people- do I need to give to all 4 folks? Or does just giving one racquet count?

4 hours ago, Ted0717 said:

for example- the squash racquet can be given to 4 different people- do I need to give to all 4 folks?

The trophy states "give all gifts to all allies" so you will need to give the racquet (and other applicable items) to every party member in both playthroughs. Once you've gifted an item to someone, they have a checkmark next to their name so that is how you keep track of it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Do you also have to gift the Plug-In Parallelization Programs for both playthroughs?

Party members keep those in NG+, they don't need to be given again. If you gave them to all characters first playthrough you would only then need one of each for the other main character who is now a party member. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gage said:

Party members keep those in NG+, they don't need to be given again. If you gave them to all characters first playthrough you would only then need one of each for the other main character who is now a party member. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

Good thing I only got into the prologue for playthrough #2, totally forgot to make sure that other main character should get all their gifts ?

• 8 months later...
On 01/07/2021 at 0:37 AM, DragonSpear2462 said:

Do you also have to gift the Plug-In Parallelization Programs for both playthroughs?

I'm missing a Base Paws Analysis (rare drop) to craft the last program. I think that's my missing gift.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

How I know what gift to get when there is a ? by it?    And where do I farm gifts?

You don't farm gifts, you exchange them with the merchant. New gifts are unlocked in the standby phase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

You don't farm gifts, you exchange them with the merchant. New gifts are unlocked in the standby phase.

No you have to farm ... What I mean is you have to farm the items for the gifts? It seems I never have few items for some gifts so, I need to farm these items for the gift?  Is there a graphic where to found these items for each gift to farm without spending hours to found the area I need to farm?

Edited by Titanomachy_75

9 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

No you have to farm ... What I mean is you have to farm the items for the gifts? It seems I never have few items for some gifts so, I need to farm these items for the gift?  Is there a graphic where to found these items for each gift to farm without spending hours to found the area I need to farm?

All the information about the monsters is in the journal. You can see what materials they drop and in which dungeon you can find them. Just make a full run when you enter a dungeon for a side quest and you'll have more than enough materials.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

All the information about the monsters is in the journal. You can see what materials they drop and in which dungeon you can find them. Just make a full run when you enter a dungeon for a side quest and you'll have more than enough materials.

OK thks I read up on this seems you really dont have to do the side quest lol that would be a pain :) thks for the info now to the farming :)))