Input delay?

Kwotey

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 28/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Kwotey said:

Anyone else noticed this? Seems off.. Like takes a second to jump after I press x. Also the deadzone is weird too I seem to have to push the stick quite a bit before the character moves.. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:15 AM, yowzagabowza said:

I just played the demo and there is definitely a noticable delay when jumping. It was the very first thing I noticed. That and the swishy camera (which can be toggled off, thankfully).

On 17/3/2022 at 0:04 AM, lemaestre said:

I find the input delay pretty awful -.-

Is it still a thing after latest patch? Does it only happen on PS4 or on PS5 as well?

P.S. Apologies for quoting every single one of you. ?

Edited by zizimonster
update

There's definitely still hefty input lag. The instant I started playing the game I noticed that there's a clear delay when you jump. When timing it, I averaged a 370ms delay from pressing the button to starting the animation, which is nearly double what I usually find in games.

I assumed it was to force your actions to be more deliberate, but the result feels like a clunky Nier Automata IMO. 

I think it's kind of silly when the game tests your reaction, but the input delay window is larger than the average human reaction speeds. But I guess it makes you have to understand and anticipate your enemies more, rather than relying on sheer reaction speed.

• Like 1