CrossCode free PS5 Upgrade (if owning PS4 version)

Mr_Marty84

As of today (29-06-2021) CrossCode got a free PS5 upgrade if you own the PS4 version. Trophies are the same. Install size is only around 570mb (PS4 version is 3.28GB)
There is no import save feature (at the moment, don't know if it will be added) So no autopopping the trophies or continuing on the ps5 version.

1 hour ago, X-Lastation-III said:

Nice just bought this last week ^^. That PS5 SSD compression though ?

yeah compression for ps5 versions is great. if a game only has a ps4 version and you're playing on 5, you're adding space not only from whatever game + updates but Other folder as well.

i bought this when on sale tho. maybe ill finally touch it

On 6/29/2021 at 3:42 AM, Infected Elite said:

yeah compression for ps5 versions is great. if a game only has a ps4 version and you're playing on 5, you're adding space not only from whatever game + updates but Other folder as well.

i bought this when on sale tho. maybe ill finally touch it

Give it a go. I loved the PS4 version and sank probably close to 100 hours on this game. Game has an excellent balance between puzzles and action, along with a fair amount of difficulty. And the puzzles I think are actually good, and by good, they'll make even long time gamers stop and think for a min to figure out. I know it's a smaller indie game but I probably enjoyed this more than any AAA game last year. 

And I'd love to see a save file import option. So hopefully one day. I've heard of other games adding this feature after release

Edited by Champ147
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.6.2021 at 8:08 AM, X-Lastation-III said:

Nice just bought this last week ^^. That PS5 SSD compression though ?

I've also noticed that lately with crossbuy games. The installation size of the PS 5 version is always significantly smaller than that of the PS 4 version. I think it's great.

23 minutes ago, emailking said:

I have a PS5 and downloaded the PS5 version, but unless they implement a cross save I'll have to delete it and download the PS4 version when the DLC comes out for consoles, because I'm not starting over!

AFAIK, the DLC was patched in 3 updates ago and they've spent the last month getting it to work properly.

15 minutes ago, emailking said:

These are the last 3 patch notes I see.

Improve frame scheduling.

Add the holiday man.

Add New Game Plus.

Add the DLC-integration

There's no DLC on the store though. Just the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game.

What country is your copy from? I ask, because my EU copy is on 1.10. The 1.10, 1.08 and 1.07 patches are all to do with the DLC ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

15 minutes ago, emailking said:

From the North American store. The PS4 version.

That's your problem then, the EU PS4 release is on 1.10 but the devs haven't uploaded the other patches to the NA store yet. Here are what the 1.07-1.10 patch notes say:

1.07: Add the DLC-Integration

1.08: Fix a DLC-Loading problem.

1.09: Fix a possible crash in a late-game fight

1.10: Fix another DLC loading problem.

If the "A New Home" DLC isn't in the 1.07 patch, that means all the subsequent updates have been pre-emptive fixes for when it does arrive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, emailking said:

NA version is at 1.08 now but it has the logs from your 1.09 and 1.10 together.

Fix another DLC-loading problem.

Fix a possible crash in late-game fight.

Still no DLC in the store.

The DLC releases tomorrow :)https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/crosscode-dlc-a-new-home-launches-august-5-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.8.2021 at 5:57 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

This is what I like to know because the game is on sale atm but it says nothing of crossbuy....I need to decide which version to get if no crossbuy.

No crossbuy. I bought the ps5 version and I have to buy the ps4 version.

Just for people like me that might be a bit confused with the PS4 disc version to PS5 upgrade:

1. Put the disc in

2. Press D-pad/arrow down once.

3. Select the 3 dots

4. Select 'View Product' => You'll be on the product page of the PS4 version with only the option to pay money but that's because it's not the page for the PS5 version.

5. Select the 3 dots

6. Select 'CrossCode' => Now you're on the product page of the PS5 version and there should be a free option with a disc icon!

For most games with multiple versions the free upgrade option already shows when selecting the 3 dots from step 3 or on the product page of step 4. That's what confused me at first.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2021 at 9:20 PM, Pinselneo said:

No crossbuy. I bought the ps5 version and I have to buy the ps4 version.

On 21/08/2021 at 2:39 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

People say the free upgrade you must buy ps4 version to get ps5 version if you buy ps5 you dont get ps4...i dont know what to believe is why I asked.

On 19/08/2021 at 5:57 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

This is what I like to know because the game is on sale atm but it says nothing of crossbuy....I need to decide which version to get if no crossbuy.

I ended up buying the PS4 version and got the PS5 upgrade, so it does seem to work in that direction. But not the other way around. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 3:04 AM, EmperorElfenSky said:

I ended up buying the PS4 version and got the PS5 upgrade, so it does seem to work in that direction. But not the other way around. 

A bit late but I can confirm this, bought ps4 version and I was able to download the ps5 version as well

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Sorry to revive this, but the ps4 version is currently on sale (but not the ps5 one), and the DLC only seems to be available for ps4... and I'm a bit confused.

I'd like to confirm:

-Crossbuy is indeed still possible (from ps4 to ps5). Noting that there is no cross-buy mention in the text on the store.

-The DLC situation for the ps5.

Thanks!