Who Should Be The Last DLC Fighter - A Smash Bros Ultimate Speculation Thread. [CLOSED]

Crzy Minus

So game director Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed the next DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be the last fighter to be included in the game. I thought I'd be fun to make a speculation thread on who should be the last fighter. Of course characters who are either assist trophies or mii costumes already are pretty much deconfirmed, so characters like Dante, Cuphead, Geno and others alike are sadly not guaranteed. However, other characters who's chances are still up in the air like Sora, Master Chief, Fortnite Guy, the Knight from Hollow Knight and many more, can still get into Smash if fate decides otherwise. As for me, I already have my personal pick on who should be the last fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate:

Crash Bandicoot

0qw6xgm0swh61.png

Crash to me has always been a childhood gaming icon with his games, if not more-so than Mario. So him used to being considered as a PlayStation mascot back in the day, makes a lot of sense to be paired up alongside Mario and Sonic in the roster. And also Snake and Cloud are already in Smash and they were also characters who were iconic to the PlayStation 1. So to me that is why Crash Bandicoot is the perfect addition for Smash Ultimate as the last fighter.

As for you, what is your fighter choice?

-

10/05/21 EDIT

Sora from Kingdom Hearts has been unveiled as the final fighter, so this thread has served its point.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

I think the most likely candidates are either Crash Bandicoot or a Gen 8 pokemon, but I personally would like to either see 2B (Nier Automata) or Amaterasu (Okami).

I think there are plenty of good options still left. Someone will end up disappointed regardless of who it is. ?

• Like 2

I've always wanted Sora in smash, and I still do. I think he could be really fun. Another probably more likely option, which I would also love, would be a grass starter Pokemon. Incineroar is the fire starter rep, and Greninja is the water starter rep, but there's no grass starter present in the roster, outside of the Pokemon Trainer character.

Pretty disappointed to discover that Dante was reduced to a Mii Fighter skin, but otherwise my hope is for the last character to be Crash Bandicoot.

(And my hopes for him are pretty low at this point, ngl)

I'd still be happy with other characters like Amaterasu, but nothing would match Crash for me in terms of excitement.

I'm pretty set on the idea that I'm going to be disappointed regardless, as I have been with this second wave of DLC for the most part, but eh...

(Min Min and Pyra/Mythra should not have counted against having two more characters given that they were planned for the base game, don't @ me)

Edited by Zephrese

I think Waluigi would be perfect. It's a character a lot of people have wanted and would be completely unexpected. Being the last character, it wouldn't surprise me if they defied convention and made an assist trophy a full character.

I've always wanted Sora, but that would require approval from Disney and Square, so I just don't see it ever happening unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Weskerfan75 said:

Travis muthafuckin' Touchdown.

I'm sorry:

super-smash-bros-ultimate-mii-fighter-co

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

Pretty disappointed to discover that Dante was reduced to a Mii Fighter skin, but otherwise my hope is for the last character to be Crash Bandicoot.

As much as I want Crash and him being my top choice, my hopes for him are sadly low as well. Of course when the final reveal announcement happens, my expectations won't get crushed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crzy Minus said:

As much as I want Crash and him being my top choice, my hopes for him are sadly low as well. Of course when the final reveal announcement happens, my expectations won't get crushed.

Yeah, fair point. lol

13 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Take this and change it to Shantae for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crzy Minus said:

So game director Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed the next DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be the last fighter to be included in the game. I thought I'd be fun to make a speculation thread on who should be the last fighter. Of course characters who are either assist trophies or mii costumes already are pretty much deconfirmed, so characters like Dante, Cuphead, *Shantae, Geno and others alike are sadly not guaranteed. However, other characters who's chances are still up in the air like Sora, Master Chief, Doom Guy, the Knight from Hollow Knight and many more, can still get into Smash if fate decides otherwise.

It's a shame that Shantae, who's among one of the richest characters that could ever be added to the Smash Bros. roster (stage wise, personality wise, soundtracks wise, moveset wise, etc), was just recently disconfirmed and given the Mii costume treatment, albeit Premium design

Prediction wise, except for Hollow Knight, I'd say that's a logical list, but I think who you think would be a great addition makes for a better topic.

Crash Bandicoot

0qw6xgm0swh61.png

Crash to me has always been a childhood gaming icon with his games, if not more-so than Mario. So him used to being considered as a PlayStation mascot back in the day, makes a lot of sense to be paired up alongside Mario and Sonic in the roster. And also Snake and Cloud are already in Smash and they were also characters who were iconic to the PlayStation 1. So to me that is why Crash Bandicoot is the perfect addition for Smash Ultimate as the last fighter.

Crash Bandicoot would generally be a fitting choice (even though CB4:IAT underperformed), but given this is the final DLC character I'd rather see other characters myself. . .

As for you, what is your fighter choice?

Not saying Spyro would be the absolute best choice among any other character, but similar to Shantae he'd be an excellent addition and at least a more interesting choice design wise than his rival.

Spyro.png

Edited by EcoShifter
included quotes
  • Like 1

I'd actually love to have Spyro - even more so than Crash -, I just think that he'd be way less likely given the fact that he's a quadruped.

(Something of which Smash has very few of, at least as far as I can tell)

That said, he would certainly be more unique because of this.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 2:24 PM, ExHaseo said:

I think Waluigi would be perfect. It's a character a lot of people have wanted and would be completely unexpected. Being the last character, it wouldn't surprise me if they defied convention and made an assist trophy a full character.

I've always wanted Sora, but that would require approval from Disney and Square, so I just don't see it ever happening unfortunately. 

lol

• Like 1