What is the best way for me to fix my numbers?

xBenlander

I have played only PlayStation all my life since the PS1 released. I was playing PlayStation when trophies were first introduced. But I never cared about trophies or started trophy hunting until June of 2020. And during that time in between I have played a ton of games racking up 5,000 total trophies but only 2 platinum's. And that is just with this account (I know longer have my other accounts). When I look at my account I am disgusted by the horrific numbers I see. I look at some of your accounts that have 3 or 4 hundred platinum's and I am so impressed with the high 90's completion percentage and I feel like I can only dream of reaching that with this account. But with that being said I want to try and get as many 100% platinum's I can. I don't have a PS3 but there are some of the PS3 games that I have played on PS Now so I can still get those platinum's but would I still be able to get the DLC for 100%? I don't think I can. I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS5 so I can still play almost all PS4 games and DLC. 

My question is what's the best way to start putting a dent into these games? I feel like the obvious answer is to buckle down and go to work on playing these games. But I was kind of hoping if someone had an idea for a more efficient way to go about this or should I just abandon the PS3 games and focus on the PS4 and PS5? And I also want to do this as I am playing newer games also because, well, I want to play newer games haha. 

And one last thing is I know someone might say to make a new account and start fresh so I can keep the 100% thing going but I buy PS Plus when I find great deals on it, especially around the black Friday times. So I currently have PS Plus through 2023. So I am not going to waste that and the money I spent on it. Also, I have a ton of games on this account I don't want to lose. So a new account is a no go. 

Thank you for any input or idea's. I am pretty sure I answered my own question but was just curious if someone had a more efficient way to go about this. Also here is a link to my account if you want to see my numbers https://psnprofiles.com/HeyaBen I figured it was faster to get to it this way. 

• Like 2

There's not much to it but to just start completing those games one by one. If you really just want raw completion percentage as soon as possible, you could consult your Trophy Advisor and get all the most common trophies. I personally like to buckle down and finish a game once I've started work on it, but it could work for you.

If nothing else, make all of your unearned multiplayer trophies a priority. That alone is going to keep you busy for months, but it's important to be able to preserve the potential of your account's completion. More and more games are going offline every day, especially those old PS3 games, so get to it ASAP.

Either way, good luck getting that completion up. I've got the same project to work on, but with far less games, and I'm still probably looking at a good year or more of playing to get there. Make it a long term project and don't burn yourself out

• Like 1

play what you can play now... be it PS4 or PS5...mop up easy ones first that lack DLC.... keep an eye out for a PS3... I have been, but haven't found that "deal" yet.

In the end the only person that has to be satisfied with your profile is you... what someone else may think of your profile is THEIR problem not yours

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

my personal advice is only play 2 games at a time

1 new/current game

1 from your backlog

this way u can make progress cleaning up your old games while still enjoying new ones

try to get out of the habit of playing multiple games at once. its mentally harder to have to go back to mop up old games. just finish a game, get rid of it and move on (of course this doesn't always work because developers sometimes introduce dlc years after a game's original launch)

I'd also suggest you prioritize games with online trophies first 

just my 2 cents :)

I would second this but also add for you to start with quick wins.

Games you still own that are not too taxing and dont have DLC, that way you can visually see you're making progress.

Thats what I started to do to get mine out of the 70%

• Like 1

Do games that have high percentages. If you have TellTale games or other games that you can finish in an afternoon or a handful of afternoons that’ll put the biggest dent. Don’t focus on games that have unobtainable trophies or ones that’ll take you 50+ hours for one trophy or a handful of trophies.

This will take you a long time like the person above said. Don’t expect to be able to finish it up in half a year, I’d imagine at least 3 years.

Start with games that you still own & own the DLC for too. I wouldn’t bother spending hundreds of dollars on games that you might’ve lost, sold or PS3 DLC that costs an arm and a leg. 

All the games listed are at least good. They aren't 15 minute piles of shit, so it's not like you'll be getting tons of trophies & platinums for games nobody's even heard of. Taking out just the games listed would put a large dent.

EZPZ:

Tales from the Borderlands

Games of Thrones

Life is Strange 1
Life is Strange 2

Rocket League

Minecraft

Minecraft... again???

Easy:

Miles Morales
Spider-Man

Spyro 1
Spyro 2
Spyro 3
LEGO Incredibles
Infamous Second Son
Gravity Rush
Erica
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Watch Dogs 2

Until Dawn

Heavy Rain

Wolverine
Far Cry 4
Hitman 3
Uncharted 2
GOW 3
Detroit

Sleeping Dogs
GOW Ascension
Heavy Rain
Evil Within 2
Heavy Rain... again???
Uncharted 4

Call of Duty:

MW2
Modern Warfare Remastered
Modern Warfare 2019

If any of the games I mentioned are PS3, ignore them for now, just know you'll be missing out on loads of stuff since you don't have a PS3.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

I read your post, I know what you said. All the same, and not to come off as flippant, but if you want a more consequential account by your renewed standards I would just say you need a new account. I didn't want to leave my old account either but I had to recognize the futility in trying to match an old account with new goals. 

If that just doesn't work for you then stop playing new games and spend the next few years going way back through your uncompleted backlog. Or at least spend a disproportionate amount of time working backwards instead of directly forward.

Also, numbers aren't impressive anymore, it's quality of games and completion that's impressive in my opinion. If I were you and I just couldn't start over, look to the games you would feel the most personal sense of accomplishment over and do those, no matter how long it takes per game or what singular effort is required

• Like 1

My first thoughts looking at your list are:

• Delete all the F rank games off your list, you've got 56 of them so it will instantly clean it up a lot
  • Get Tales of the Borderlands and Life is Strange done, you've already got a few TellTale games done so you should enjoy them and they're the easiest games you have sitting on low percentages
  • For every new game you start clean up 2 old ones

It's going to take years to make good progress but you can definitely clean up your profile if you really want to

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

my personal advice is only play 2 games at a time

1 new/current game

1 from your backlog

this way u can make progress cleaning up your old games while still enjoying new ones

try to get out of the habit of playing multiple games at once. its mentally harder to have to go back to mop up old games. just finish a game, get rid of it and move on (of course this doesn't always work because developers sometimes introduce dlc years after a game's original launch)

I'd also suggest you prioritize games with online trophies first 

just my 2 cents :)

That is great advice. I think 2 at a time is the way to go. Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyaBen said:

I have played only PlayStation all my life since the PS1 released. I was playing PlayStation when trophies were first introduced. But I never cared about trophies or started trophy hunting until June of 2020. And during that time in between I have played a ton of games racking up 5,000 total trophies but only 2 platinum's. And that is just with this account (I know longer have my other accounts). When I look at my account I am disgusted by the horrific numbers I see. I look at some of your accounts that have 3 or 4 hundred platinum's and I am so impressed with the high 90's completion percentage and I feel like I can only dream of reaching that with this account. But with that being said I want to try and get as many 100% platinum's I can. I don't have a PS3 but there are some of the PS3 games that I have played on PS Now so I can still get those platinum's but would I still be able to get the DLC for 100%? I don't think I can. I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS5 so I can still play almost all PS4 games and DLC. 

My question is what's the best way to start putting a dent into these games? I feel like the obvious answer is to buckle down and go to work on playing these games. But I was kind of hoping if someone had an idea for a more efficient way to go about this or should I just abandon the PS3 games and focus on the PS4 and PS5? And I also want to do this as I am playing newer games also because, well, I want to play newer games haha. 

And one last thing is I know someone might say to make a new account and start fresh so I can keep the 100% thing going but I buy PS Plus when I find great deals on it, especially around the black Friday times. So I currently have PS Plus through 2023. So I am not going to waste that and the money I spent on it. Also, I have a ton of games on this account I don't want to lose. So a new account is a no go. 

Thank you for any input or idea's. I am pretty sure I answered my own question but was just curious if someone had a more efficient way to go about this. Also here is a link to my account if you want to see my numbers https://psnprofiles.com/HeyaBen I figured it was faster to get to it this way. 

my personal advice would be to just start over at this point.  I had 15 games with near 0 completion when I started getting into trophies and I just now finished the last few this year after 5 years.  I really would have been better off had i just forgot about the 1 platinum I had earned and replayed it on a new account.  I see you now have 22 platinums but it all depends on what your going for.  If you want a clean list i'd start over.    If you don't care about that and just want some platinums I guess it doesn't matter to keep this account but what if you really get into it and want it clean.  I can tell you it will be next to impossible to clean up nearly 500 games. 

think of it like this it will be way easier to redo the 22 platinums than to clean up 500

Good luck!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

play what you can play now... be it PS4 or PS5...mop up easy ones first that lack DLC.... keep an eye out for a PS3... I have been, but haven't found that "deal" yet.

In the end the only person that has to be satisfied with your profile is you... what someone else may think of your profile is THEIR problem not yours

I do want to get a ps3 as well. I honestly haven't really looked super hard for one. But there has been a lot in the news this year about how Sony is realizing that people want to still play older games. They also mentioned they are working on something to compete with game pass. I am hoping that maybe they might upgrade ps now or create something where they have a full library of ps3 or older games in a streaming cloud platform. But who knows. Probably just wishful thinking. 

Personally think starting over fresh with a blank profile is kind of overrated, seems a bit blank and hollow to me!

Instead, the challenge worth thinking about is how far you can drag this old account up the ranks! Like someone else said, your profile is essentially your gaming record, something you can look back on and something you're probably already quite attached to, so why abandon it?

In my opinion, the best way to start putting a dent in these games is making sure you're motivated to do so - and that's why I'd recommend starting by going back to a handful of your favourite games that for whatever reason may not have been fully completed/platinumed yet - if there's any on there that you think 'wow - I can't believe I haven't done that one yet after all the time i spent on it' etc. Because they're some old favourites, you should have a great time doing so - and be boosting your completion percentage and trophy count along the way.

• Like 2

I was gonna suggest cutting your losses with anything old that would take a lot of work (such as stuff with dead online) and focusing on one game at a time that is more straightforward to get done BUT I just skimmed your list and it sure looks like your taste in games goes against that pretty well. Lots of pain in the ass games to 100% from what I'm seeing.

Without starting over I would recommend either hand picking the games that can be done painlessly, (such as spyro trilogy) using the trophy advisor to go for a high % in lots of games but not 100% or a combo of the two.

(Also as a side note. The PS3 DLC pages I have bookmarked on PSPrices all have no results displayed as of a few days ago. Haven't been on my PS3 to check if they are actually gone or not but there's a small chance a bunch of DLC just got delisted or something. For anyone interested the games were Cod WaW, Disgaea D2 and Painkiller)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

25% and around 14,000 unearned trophies in various games, I won’t mince words, you’re looking at a monumental task that’ll take you many years, not months.

Either create a new account, or start with the games that take less time to 100%, so that by the time you hit the heavyweights, you’ll have a much better percentage.

Edit: you don’t have to lose your primary account if you make another, just set the account you buy stuff with as being primarily connected to your ps4/5 systems, and you can play the games you bought or got with ps plus with every other accounts, alongside online.

oh jeez I never paid attention to the 14,000 unearned trophies! That is a motivation killer there. I might have to re-think this. Also are you talking about the ps plus family sharing thing? I just keep this one as my primary and then other accounts can use ps plus? 

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Do games that have high percentages. If you have TellTale games or other games that you can finish in an afternoon or a handful of afternoons that’ll put the biggest dent. Don’t focus on games that have unobtainable trophies or ones that’ll take you 50+ hours for one trophy or a handful of trophies.

This will take you a long time like the person above said. Don’t expect to be able to finish it up in half a year, I’d imagine at least 3 years.

Start with games that you still own & own the DLC for too. I wouldn’t bother spending hundreds of dollars on games that you might’ve lost, sold or PS3 DLC that costs an arm and a leg. 

All the games listed are at least good. They aren't 15 minute piles of shit, so it's not like you'll be getting tons of trophies & platinums for games nobody's even heard of. Taking out just the games listed would put a large dent.

EZPZ:

Tales from the Borderlands

Games of Thrones

Life is Strange 1
Life is Strange 2

Rocket League

Minecraft

Minecraft... again???

Easy:

Miles Morales
Spider-Man

Spyro 1
Spyro 2
Spyro 3
LEGO Incredibles
Infamous Second Son
Gravity Rush
Erica
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Watch Dogs 2

Until Dawn

Heavy Rain

Wolverine
Far Cry 4
Hitman 3
Uncharted 2
GOW 3
Detroit

Sleeping Dogs
GOW Ascension
Heavy Rain
Evil Within 2
Heavy Rain... again???
Uncharted 4

Call of Duty:

MW2
Modern Warfare Remastered
Modern Warfare 2019

If any of the games I mentioned are PS3, ignore them for now, just know you'll be missing out on loads of stuff since you don't have a PS3.

wow thank you so much for this! 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don’t start over.

Your profile is your gaming record - starting over blank simply because you have a different priority than you once did would be like throwing away all your diaries just because you broke up with the girl you had written about, or throwing away old photos just because you lost weight and don’t like how you used to look.

It might feel good in the first instance, but the new profile isn’t real - it would just be a manufactured front masquerading as a profile.

Yes, it’s going to take a long time to up your numbers, but it’s gonna be fun! after all, each one of those game you started because they looked fun - I’m sure going back you will find that fun again!

look at it this way, the lower your current completion is, the faster it can be improved, and seeing incremental improvement will be so much more satisfying than simply etch-a-sketch shaking the slate clean and starting fresh, with a ‘clean’ profile - one with no history, no story, no heart and no soul 1f609.png

Be proud of your gaming journey!

Amazing advice and I am going to follow for sure. Someone said something earlier that had me leaning toward starting fresh but after what you said I am going to work on this one. Thank you so much! Also I loved the analogies you used with the diary and photos lol

• Like 2

Buy ratalaika crossbuy games when they go on sale, a psvita and 3 accounts (eu, us and as).  Theres also ps4 to ps5 upgrades that can net you instant plats.

I had a quick look and noticed you didnt download and play the free ps4 version of thunderflash.  Thats a 40min plat trophy waiting for you there.

Edited by jason_trixta

1 hour ago, MD_91 said:

My first thoughts looking at your list are:

• Delete all the F rank games off your list, you've got 56 of them so it will instantly clean it up a lot
  • Get Tales of the Borderlands and Life is Strange done, you've already got a few TellTale games done so you should enjoy them and they're the easiest games you have sitting on low percentages
  • For every new game you start clean up 2 old ones

It's going to take years to make good progress but you can definitely clean up your profile if you really want to

Thank you for the advice. This is going to sound ignorant by what do you mean by deleting the F rank games? How do I go about that?

1 hour ago, visighost said:

What I'd recommend is detachment.

If you aim at 100%, you might cut yourself off some great games that sadly have a handful of incredibly hard, time-consuming, no-longer-available, and/or glitched trophies. Do you want to cut yourself from fun just because that?

If you aim at a high number of platinum, be aware that the top ranks are filled with people that play the same quick games 6-8 times (Ratalaika ports and the Breakthrough series being infamous for that). I'm not saying the games are always bad (I usually enjoy the Rata output), but stacking it can't be fun to stack the same game multiple times in a row, or to "play" visual novels and not actually read them.

I don't know your backlog's size, but I personally have an Excel chart (yeah, I'm super cool) which tracks the games, how long they take to complete, the hardest trophy's percentage and difficulty, etc. It can be useful to help you pick games that will be simpler/shorter for you to complete.

At the end of the day, I'd simply recommend to be careful not to fall into a "trophy for trophy's sake" mentality. Have fun!

(EDIT: I see many people recommending focusing on one game at a time. I'm sure it works for some, but I find myself feeling like a puzzle game, a VN, something I can play without a guide, etc. depending on my mood, so always have a dozen games on the go. Yes, some end up incomplete, but it works for me. Maybe it will for you?)

Thank you for the great advice. I actually like the excel idea. I think I might try something similar. When you say "how long they take to complete" do you get that information from howlongtobeat.com or how do you determine how long they take?

I saw someone said 2 at a time, and that's a similar suggestion to mine.  What I do is something like this.  I'll have three games that I'm actively working on:

• One game that I'm playing through the story
  • One game I'm grinding something repetitive
  • One game with a hard trophy I'm going back and forth on

So, for instance, right now I'm playing KH2 Final Mix (synthesis trophy), London Detective Mysteria (story), and Victory (story but mainly grind).  And I will sort of flip between them as I feel like working on something.  It's not always perfect, sometimes I really just want to sit down and play one game for a long time but for the most part I try not to work on more than 3 at a time.

• Like 1