What is the best way for me to fix my numbers?

xBenlander

14 minutes ago, HeyaBen said:

oh jeez I never paid attention to the 14,000 unearned trophies! That is a motivation killer there. I might have to re-think this. Also are you talking about the ps plus family sharing thing? I just keep this one as my primary and then other accounts can use ps plus? 

wow thank you so much for this! 

Amazing advice and I am going to follow for sure. Someone said something earlier that had me leaning toward starting fresh but after what you said I am going to work on this one. Thank you so much! Also I loved the analogies you used with the diary and photos lol

Never used the family share thingy, so I don’t know.

However, I use another account on my Country to buy things/plus subs after the hacking of 2011, go to Account Management, then “Activate as your primary PS4”

40 minutes ago, HeyaBen said:

Thank you for the advice. This is going to sound ignorant by what do you mean by deleting the F rank games? How do I go about that?

Wht they are referring to here is that -using your PS4 - you can delete a game’s list from your profile, provided it is at 0%.

If you go to your trophy list on PS4 (and I assume PS5 also) then highlight the 0% game and hit the options button, there will be an option to delete that game from your profile.

It will then disappear from your profile, and (once you earn any other trophy and re-sync your profile on this site) it will delete from PSNProfiles too.

bear in mind though - this will remove the ‘F-Rank’ game, but will not actually change your completion percentage on this site, as F-Ranks are not included in the calculation of completion percentage. However, it will make managing your profile easier, and look a little cleaner, and is certainly worth doing if you don’t ever plan on playing that game.

(Even if you do play it, it will simply reattach to your profile the first time you launch the game, so there is no down-side really) 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Wht they are referring to here is that -using your PS4 - you can delete a game’s list from your profile, provided it is at 0%.

If you go to your trophy list on PS4 (and I assume PS5 also) the. Highlight the 0% game and hit the options button, there will be an option to delete that game from your profile.

It will then disappear from your profile, and (once you earn any other trophy and re-sync your profile on this site) it will delete from PSNProfiles too.

bear in mind though - this will remove the ‘F-Rank’ game, but will not actually change your completion percentage on this site, as F-Ranks are not included in the calculation of completion percentage. However, it will make managing your profile easier, and look a little cleaner, and is certainly worth doing if you don’t ever plan on playing that game.

(Even if you do play it, it will simply reattach to your profile the first time you launch the game, so there is not down-side really) 

oh thank you so much I am definitely going to do that!

Wow I did not expect so much great advice and input! Thank you all so very much! I have a lot to think on and plan out and I have decided I am going to stick with this account and no matter how many years it takes I am going to work on this account. But thank you to you guys I have lots of ways to go about getting these completed and "fixing" my numbers! Again, thank you eveyrone!

• Like 1

First thing I would do is delete all the 0% games to trim down the list unless you want to show up so you can see your backlog on the site. 

Second thing I would check to see how many of the games I still own, this way you know you either need to write it off or reacquire it.

Third, which games are affected by server shutdowns and cannot be platinumed or completed 100% Do you want to get the single player trophies still or just write it off?

Fourth, you have a lot of games that will take a long time, like 40+ hours: Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. I  didn't see too many short games. I usually like changing up what I am playing to prevent burnout. For example last year ended like this: AC Odyssey took a month and half to 100% (over a hundred hours) > I wanted something far shorter as a pallet cleanser and played Spider-Man Miles Morales  and both Telltale Batman games within a week > this kicked off a Batman binge for me and I played the Arkham games back to back for a month and half. Basically something long followed by something short and sweet. Those short games can add a quick boost to your total then you can do a game that is a little more drawn out.

I am not going to lie you have your work cut out for you. You have nearly 20,200 trophies on your account, for 90% completion you need about 18,200. If you don't add any new games you will need to earn around 12,500 of your unearned trophies. (Your 0% games are not included in this.)

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 1

As someone in your current situation, I've just had to buckle down and focus.  I have a HUGE backlog of games from PS Plus (been subscribed since 2012), as well as a horrible tendency to not finish games I start.  I've tried so many different things to keep interest going in pushing ahead.  Currently, I'm looking at my trophy log and trying to finish the oldest popped trophy lists on my account.  I *just* finished Alice Madness Returns, which the DLC was the first trophy on my account... 9 years ago.  Also, if you wanted to start cleaning up your list, I would recommend investing in a PS3 as you have loads of PS3 lists that are just going to be bogging down your completion percentage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeyaBen said:

I have played only PlayStation all my life since the PS1 released. I was playing PlayStation when trophies were first introduced. But I never cared about trophies or started trophy hunting until June of 2020. And during that time in between I have played a ton of games racking up 5,000 total trophies but only 2 platinum's. And that is just with this account (I know longer have my other accounts). When I look at my account I am disgusted by the horrific numbers I see. I look at some of your accounts that have 3 or 4 hundred platinum's and I am so impressed with the high 90's completion percentage and I feel like I can only dream of reaching that with this account. But with that being said I want to try and get as many 100% platinum's I can. I don't have a PS3 but there are some of the PS3 games that I have played on PS Now so I can still get those platinum's but would I still be able to get the DLC for 100%? I don't think I can. I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS5 so I can still play almost all PS4 games and DLC. 

My question is what's the best way to start putting a dent into these games? I feel like the obvious answer is to buckle down and go to work on playing these games. But I was kind of hoping if someone had an idea for a more efficient way to go about this or should I just abandon the PS3 games and focus on the PS4 and PS5? And I also want to do this as I am playing newer games also because, well, I want to play newer games haha. 

And one last thing is I know someone might say to make a new account and start fresh so I can keep the 100% thing going but I buy PS Plus when I find great deals on it, especially around the black Friday times. So I currently have PS Plus through 2023. So I am not going to waste that and the money I spent on it. Also, I have a ton of games on this account I don't want to lose. So a new account is a no go. 

Thank you for any input or idea's. I am pretty sure I answered my own question but was just curious if someone had a more efficient way to go about this. Also here is a link to my account if you want to see my numbers https://psnprofiles.com/HeyaBen I figured it was faster to get to it this way. 

Step 1. Remove all the 0% Games on your list to see where you stand.

you'll have to really invest time where you currently are. I would say it'll take you multiple yrs possibly because you will want to play certain games that come out which will halt your backlog cleanup. It will be hard, you'll also have to look at games with possible server shutdowns or games that would ask too much of u time wise.

I don't believe that is worth it, I see you have Elder Scrolls Online..you probably wanna put that private unless u r a big eso fan lol..You'll have to tackle games methodically and efficiently...I don't believe you'll have fun with most of the games you'll need to give effort to..

A lot of games are passable when released but as yrs go by, their flaws become more apparent if other games do things better, it'll be a long road but its up to you if u wanna be miserable for a lot of it. You might play games now that are a few yrs old and they won't feel as amazing as ppl said or you remember them being.

On a side note btw, u could have a 2nd account and still play all the games off of your main account on that new account. You'd just make all new purchases on the brand new account, u can still download the ps+ games..you'd need to use a usb for any save backing up and stuff though..but it's an option you could consider.

Dunno if this helps but GL! At the end of the day, u should really just complete the games u like and not worry about completion %. It means nothing and has no bearing on gaming. 

- Kal

Edited by Kal-El457
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don’t start over.

Your profile is your gaming record - starting over blank simply because you have a different priority than you once did would be like throwing away all your diaries just because you broke up with the girl you had written about, or throwing away old photos just because you lost weight and don’t like how you used to look.

It might feel good in the first instance, but the new profile isn’t real - it would just be a manufactured front masquerading as a profile.

Yes, it’s going to take a long time to up your numbers, but it’s gonna be fun! after all, each one of those game you started because they looked fun - I’m sure going back you will find that fun again!

look at it this way, the lower your current completion is, the faster it can be improved, and seeing incremental improvement will be so much more satisfying than simply etch-a-sketch shaking the slate clean and starting fresh, with a ‘clean’ profile - one with no history, no story, no heart and no soul ?

Be proud of your gaming journey!

I like the mindset of this post.

On this site especially since the outbreak of eZ platinum stacking.

100% accounts have become a secondary norm on here.

Enither you have 600-800+ plats or 100-150 sub plats with 100%.

Its became this big divide in trophy hunting styles that’s for sure.

But tbh here, having 100% barely stands for anything more cus most ppl with said accounts only achieve tru starting completely from scratch.

Like we’re it’s the challenge or since of achievement in that? 
You start at 100% and as long as you never put yourself at risks with a super hard game or unobtainable then you’ll never lose it.

And that’s not even the worst part, these same ppl have a 2nd account too boot witch is most likely the true reflection of their gaming hobbits/journey on here.

If I was you I’d just take the advice from the guy above me and just stick with your current profile.

Yeah trying to power on and get the plats, ultra rares and % up may be very daunting in its current state but at least no matter if you fail or succeed you can honestly say this is your true effort on here.

Your honest self, flaws and all ya know.

Not just the illusion of perfection or self made idea of it.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

In addition to the other good advice already posted (except for starting over, don't do that), I'll suggest visiting the Community Events forum and signing up for a backlog challenge or two. That will help you focus on completing a smaller batch of games within a certain amount of time. Go to the forum, check out some OPs, and find a current challenge that fits for you.

I took a break for the summer, but taking part in backlog events and challenges here has helped me put a dent in my huge backlog over the past 2 years. My numbers are still "bad" too but slowly getting better. And that has kept me motivated to keep improving them little by little while also enjoying my games more.

Edited by Static_Rook
  • Like 2

Great advice here from the replies.

I find there to be valuable worth in a profile that is as old as yours (12 years) It displays your gaming history in all of it's unfiltered glory that new accounts just simply can't match. Starting over again won't be as satisfying as just working on improving your profile in whichever way you deem it to be better.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Great advice here from the replies.

I find there to be valuable worth in a profile that is as old as yours (12 years) It displays your gaming history in all of it's unfiltered glory that new accounts just simply can't match. Starting over again won't be as satisfying as just working on improving your profile in whichever way you deem it to be better.

This ^

Games and gaming are a part of my life, and seeing the whole saga of it is oddly meaningful to me.

I know it might seem strange to think of a profile as anything other than simply a checklist of a frivolous hobby, and for the most part it is, of course… but keeping one profile - no alts, no do-overs, warts and all - for this many years does mean that it is so interweaved with the events of my ‘real’ life that it becomes more than that.

I can scroll through my profile, and see what I was playing in the lead up to my wedding.

I can see what I played to take my mind off work worries.

I can see the first game I played co-op with my fiancé at the time, and the first time she earned a platinum trophy with me - and spent years boasting that she had ‘carried’ me.

I can see the little gaps, when I had to work away from home for 6 months and live in a hotel, or the downtime I took to write or do a learning course online.

I can see the game I was playing to take my mind off things when my son was born early and had to live in the hospital for weeks and only my wife was allowed to stay overnight and I was home alone and worried.

I can see the first game I introduced my son too, and the exact date of when he realised that him running past the camera made the astrobots all fall over and laughed so hard he fell over.

Those things - while small and significant only to me - are something that could never be possible with a rebooted profile - and they are aspects far more valuable than a completion percentage statistic could ever be.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

For now, just very simply play ANY of your games, you have so many easy trophies on so many games, just starting anywhere right now will make a dent. Play the games you already have!

https://psnprofiles.com/HeyaBen/log?earned=unearned&platform=ps4

You'll probably need a year or two or never buying any new games and just playing your old ones.

Good luck!

I would finish first the ez games and games that takes below 20h first. I have also ps 3 games on my list that i will never plat or play again since i dont have a ps 3. But few r Listed on ps now too so i will finish them. I took Trophy hunting never serious. My first rule was get on every game atleast 50% and ur fine. But when i Started playing on ps 4 i took it more serious. Just enjoy ur gaming and dont make it ur Life Mission to get a good Account or whatever.

• Like 1

You're looking at some serious time commitment on your account if you wish to get it up to a decent completion rate. I've gradually seen my free time decline more and more as the years go by. Having to balance work, family and gaming is difficult, as I'm sure anybody here who has already been through that can attest to.

You literally have a whole bunch of games that you can make good progress on. Ignore the games that you think are going to be too stressful and difficult for you, just focus on the games that you think you're going to have fun with.

If you suffer from a little OCD like myself and none of this works out for you, just make a new account. Starting off clean might be better than trying to clean up an old account that is all over the place.

8 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Start a new account.

No don't start a new one. I have read a few stories here of people starting a new account and sometimes replaying their old games of 100% onto their new account but despite doing so, feeling unhappy in a different way, and then unfortunately going back to their old one. Because leaving their old account is like ignoring your history, plus you can't easily get at all your old purchases.

A few years ago, I spent 3 months going through a few of my old PS3 games getting 3 of them from about 30% to something like 80% or so, more bearable percentages. It didn't make me happy, well maybe a little bit, but it just stopped me playing PS4 games that I could have been playing new stuff.

I suffer from OCD from time to time myself and trust me, I wanted to get at least over 90% but then it just keeps growing. Getting to 100% is impossible, and yet being at 100% just means you only bad or easy games to keep that 100% going.

You should just go back to the reason why you are playing games in the first place, for fun. It took me several years to go from 800 unearned trophies to trying to keep up under 500.

You have well over 10000....

Just enjoy games and don't worry about it.

You go through life making mistakes, everyone does, and then includes your gaming history. If you have a perfect trophy list then well, you're probably not living your life to the full.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HeyaBen said:

I have played only PlayStation all my life since the PS1 released. I was playing PlayStation when trophies were first introduced. But I never cared about trophies or started trophy hunting until June of 2020. And during that time in between I have played a ton of games racking up 5,000 total trophies but only 2 platinum's. And that is just with this account (I know longer have my other accounts). When I look at my account I am disgusted by the horrific numbers I see. I look at some of your accounts that have 3 or 4 hundred platinum's and I am so impressed with the high 90's completion percentage and I feel like I can only dream of reaching that with this account. But with that being said I want to try and get as many 100% platinum's I can. I don't have a PS3 but there are some of the PS3 games that I have played on PS Now so I can still get those platinum's but would I still be able to get the DLC for 100%? I don't think I can. I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS5 so I can still play almost all PS4 games and DLC. 

My question is what's the best way to start putting a dent into these games? I feel like the obvious answer is to buckle down and go to work on playing these games. But I was kind of hoping if someone had an idea for a more efficient way to go about this or should I just abandon the PS3 games and focus on the PS4 and PS5? And I also want to do this as I am playing newer games also because, well, I want to play newer games haha. 

And one last thing is I know someone might say to make a new account and start fresh so I can keep the 100% thing going but I buy PS Plus when I find great deals on it, especially around the black Friday times. So I currently have PS Plus through 2023. So I am not going to waste that and the money I spent on it. Also, I have a ton of games on this account I don't want to lose. So a new account is a no go. 

Thank you for any input or idea's. I am pretty sure I answered my own question but was just curious if someone had a more efficient way to go about this. Also here is a link to my account if you want to see my numbers https://psnprofiles.com/HeyaBen I figured it was faster to get to it this way. 

This is gonna sound counterintuitive for trophy hunting, but I would say don’t “buckle down and work” because that sort of outlook will make a hobby feel like a job. 
I am more of a casual trophy hunter. I make a strong attempt at a platinum if it’s a game I’m really into. I have very few games on my account that are low completion percentages as far as trophies. Even with platinums I don’t always go out of my way to get the add on trophies in games. 
My biggest challenge is that at my age, working, family, house etc etc, I don’t have the time to always go back and try to finish the games I didn’t quite get the platinum on. And then it gets overwhelming and I avoid it. 
That said, eventually I’ll get the itch to go back to an older game, and then I’ll take it a step up and go after the rest of the trophies. I recently earned my platinum on God of War (the soft reboot) after a near two year hiatus from the game. 
Usually, for me, it’s a first time through try to get it all done before moving on thing. If I fail to obtain it I usually won’t go back. 
I don’t have nearly as much PlayStation history however as my account was made in 2017 or 2018, and this isn’t even my original account from then. So when I started this account I pretty much zoned in on games I knew I’d go all in for. 
The moral of the story, from my perspective, is that while trophy hunting is fun, and earning a platinum gives that feeling of conquering a title, never make it a situation where you lose the enjoyment. The trophy/achievement concept was nice in that it gave us all proof of our gaming accomplishments instead of the word of mouth method from when I was a kid, but it’s also caused a lot of people to lose sight of what makes games so enjoyable in the first place. 
That’s just my take on it. Agree or disagree no worries. 

• Like 1

I only can speak what I did. I played more on pc and ps was more of a couch thing with friends. then I went off from pc and tried to clean up my old account (Syco2oo5) but in the end, I started this account. for me, it was no problem to lose progress or something like this because the old account is still alive, so I could go over it anytime and look at it. I also use my old one to buy stuff, have ps+ on it, etc. because it has all the old games from the store. you don't lose your stuff from the store, you only need to swap accounts to download games and then could go to the new one if this is a thing for you. I wasn't at 14k unearned but 6k was enough for me to realize it would hold me back for way too long. so I only play games that I still have or new ones. for me the biggest part where the 6k unearned and the unobtainables, but that is a decision only for yourself

18 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

No don't start a new one. I have read a few stories here of people starting a new account and sometimes replaying their old games of 100% onto their new account but despite doing so, feeling unhappy in a different way, and then unfortunately going back to their old one. Because leaving their old account is like ignoring your history, plus you can't easily get at all your old purchases.

I'm going to have to disagree with you my friend.

We don't know this person's life. Many people have sold their PS3 gaming collections so they no longer have access to it. I would definitely suggest focusing on the PS4/PS5 backlog, there are plenty of great games on the PS4 that are fun and aren't too difficult in terms of skill.

I spent nearly a decade on Runescape and several years on World of Warcraft. I spent probably at least a thousand dollars or more on these games, invested god knows how much time on them, probably in the thousands of hours. I left my old accounts behind for good, I will never play these games again. Does that mean I'm ignoring the history I had with them? No, I had fun, I made friends, I bonded with people on these online only games.... and I moved on. They're not worth anything to me anymore, but I will always have the memories to look back on and cherish.

If this guy's main goal was to have fun, who cares about completion rate. I'd probably be sitting at a 40 - 50 percent completion rate with close to 1000 games played, but I like to challenge myself and raise the bar because those are personal goals I set on my own years ago.

I see a ton of games on this person's account that I can suggest playing, I can even offer some tips on beating them if he is so inclined to ask for help.

Choosing whether to stick to an old account or make a new account is entirely up to the person who made it.

18 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

You go through life making mistakes, everyone does, and then includes your gaming history. If you have a perfect trophy list then well, you're probably not living your life to the full.

You can't really make a judgement on that. It's entirely subjective. The person you disagreed with has a close to perfect trophy list. I can make the argument that many 100 percent accounts are purely cherry picking and avoiding specific games that they feel they may not get 100 percent completion rate. This person has a very solid trophy list, I don't think it's so much cherry picking as he is choosing the games he wants to play to the fullest. We have said countless times, a near perfect account isn't for everyone, but if people want to challenge themselves by getting close to 100 percent, there's nothing stopping them from working towards that goal.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

I really like your mindset and the mentality you're approaching this with. A few advice as an obsessive completist with a +94% completion profile.

-As many have already said, don't restart another profile. Embrace your current one and the way he embodies your gaming history. Be proud of it, even with its 25% completion rate.

-Accept that you'll never be able to get to 100% completion. There are many games on your profile, particularly PS3 games, with online trophies and closed servers. You'll never ever get those, accept it, take time to mourn the idea you'll ever have a "perfect" profile and carry on.

-Realise the extent of this endeavour. With such a backlog it will take you months, if not years, to get to 50%, and that's if you're not playing any new game, just completing those you already started. So don't get obsessed by those numbers and just play and have fun while doing it.

-Make a liste of high-priority games to play. Either games you really like and want to plat for the bragging rights or because they mean something to you, or easy games you can quickly complete and move on from.

The list OmegaRejectz gave you is a great place to start, not only those games are easy to complete, but most of them are great and you'll most likely have fun while doing it.

-Also make a list of games you'll never touch again. Wether you no longer have the disc, you hated your time with and don't want to play those again, or because they're too difficult or too long to complete.

For example I see that you have started a few MMO, like Elder Scroll Online or Final Fantasy XIV, and on both PS4 and PS5. 100% those games are a huge commitment, we're talking of hundreds, if not more than a thousand of hours of gameplay. I don't know ESO, but plating FFXIV on PS4 requires you to complete massive grind, including one linked to a 6 month in-game timer, and the PS5 trophies requires you to clear savage (hi-level) content, which in turn will require you to join a static and seriously learn those boss fight by playing regularly with your companions. It's fun, I plated the game and still play it, but ask yourself if you're committed enough to start going for it or if you'd rather write off the game and use that time to complete a lot more of other games.

-I really like the idea of doing one new game I haven't started and then one or two from my backlog and swinging back and forth from one to another until they're completed. I'll probably do so with the dozen games on my profile I still haven't completed and would like to come back to, but never find the motivation to do so.

-When you start a new game you haven't yet on your profile, fully commit to it. Aim for completion so that it will not drag your completion percentage down.

-And most important of all : have fun doing so and know when to quit. You have hundreds of incomplete games, it's not worth suffering through dozens of hours of unpleasant gameplay when you've got a huge pile of games that will entertain you sitting on your shelves. 

If I may, as a completionist that is usually compelled to do most, if not all, of the content of a game I started I also have a question for you. I see a lot of game with very low percentage, like under 5%. How did you manage to do so? For example on NieR: Automata you barely cleared the 1 hourish prologue and then quit. Did you not like the game? Did it bored you? Because then you started the remake of the original NieR and quitted nearly as quickly. Pardon my curiosity, but find it a bit confusing to buy a game full price at launch and quiting it so fast.

Anyway, I wish you the best on this endeavour, and hope it will give you thousands and thousands of fun and rewarding gameplay. That's why we're playing after all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

We don't know this person's life. Many people have sold their PS3 gaming collections so they no longer have access to it. I would definitely suggest focusing on the PS4/PS5 backlog, there are plenty of great games on the PS4 that are fun and aren't too difficult in terms of skill.

That's true and yes I agree, and all your points are valid. But the original poster says that he has

"PS Plus through 2023. So I am not going to waste that and the money I spent on it"

and also

"I have a ton of games on this account I don't want to lose. So a new account is a no go. "

For me those are valid enough reasons to definitely continue on and not make a new account, sure he hasn't got a PS3 anymore but there's more than enough PS4 and PS5 stuff to catch on that is quite literally years of fun / work.

I don't think it's worth starting again, not when there are so many good games started and yet waiting to be finished, worrying about completion at this point is not really worth it.

I did the same thing back as early as 2010 ans started another account enaysoftjp account and despite starting to bring back all my 100% games into it I got stuck on another difficult 100% game and I then I realised, it was not worth starting again. So just returned to my main one.

Making mistakes in life is inevitable, it's how you learn and and get better. What I meant to say is, if you're not making any mistakes and in the case of your trophies, if you're aiming for and staying on a 100% trophy list in order to keep at 100%, then well, you're probably not trying to do anything difficult or pushing yourself.

If it was me, I would be more inclined for this person to just ignore the 25% completion and don't worry about it and keep playing games, business as usual. It's only a number. 10000 trophies is a lot of work, but also starting again from scratch is also a loss in other respects.

I also wanted to point out that me myself despite nearly being at 95% it's somehow never high enough and even I feel pressured whether the number is at 25% or 95% that feeling never goes away, and even if it was at 100% then well I probably wouldn't be playing any hard games anymore due to the hassle of keeping it at 100% (that others have complained about and said it ruined gaming for them)

The better question would be, why do you want to fix those numbers?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I'm going to give you my thoughts, from a purely completionist perspective. I was never as far down as you, but when I decided to clean up my profile I was in the 70's and I'm now at 99.75%

So the good news is it can be done.

To start, I would suggest you need to decide now what your long term goal is. When I started to work on the completion part I chipped away. 80%, then 85% then 90% and so on. My goal starting was to get over 90% and once I got there I realized I could do more and went back to some real old games that were miserable but would get me over 95% and I thought great, I've made it... but then decided I could do more so on I went.

I know I will never hit 100% due to some delistings and some server closures, so I'm probably at peak completion now. I hated some of the games I did, but I tried to take on only one backlog game at a time so I didn't burn out. Don't only do backlog, you will hate gaming.

As others have said, get some early wins. I see a number of fairly quick completions that you can do, and you have quite a few 0% games, so just delete those (I didn't have this option when I started).

Now the bad news....and for your account, it's really bad. There are a lot of games you can't complete now. When I started the PS3 was still going strong and most of the big PS3 completions I finished before the PS4 launched, or early after. You have a lot of unobtainables. There's no way around that, and you are really on borrowed time for some of the still online PS3 games. I'm not sure you can hit 90% - it might be tight. Really, you have to decide now if you are willing to put hours into games that can't be platted now, but have some single player trophies that can still be done (like say Uncharted 2). I don't think anyone can make that decision for you, as to how far you want to go for games that will still remain incomplete.

If you want to do this, my recommendation would be

1) Buy a PS3 ASAP - it will make clean up easier

2) Get the single player PS3 games now on disc - prices for many are just going up so scrounge your local indie game stores, Facebook Marketplace - just get the games but don't start with these

3) Buy PS3 DLC and digital games NOW. Digital delistings are happening increasingly and once those are gone you are screwed. At least single player games you can do at any time, but digital is gone forever. My biggest regret is a few PS3 DLC packs that are easy completions but that I can't get now. RIP

4) Prioritize MP trophies in PS3 games. If the servers are still online, you have to do them ASAP. They are all on borrowed time and that window is closing very quickly. You may need to just get what you can from MP and then leave SP for later. Again, once the servers go dead, those trophies are lost forever

5) Don't forget to have fun. Once this becomes a chore, then ultimately you've lost the narrative

I'm not sure I can add much else. I really do think the best place to start is with some idea of what you're ultimate target is, and how much time and money you are willing to put in to get there. If you really do decide that the end goal isn't worth the time and energy, there isn't anything wrong with starting over. There are some great SP only PS3 games that you could still complete, and a fresh start may be better if you really do want to focus more on completion. I'm not ashamed of the scars on my profile from the games I can't complete, but I think it would have been a lot harder to maintain the motivation if I knew the best I could possibly do was 75-80% There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I think that may be your best case scenario.

When i try to boost my numbers i did a few things 

1. Join events on the site and choose games that fit the event to plat.

2. Go to your trophy advisor and pick the most common plat and do that one.

3. Do a trophy day where you aim at earning a bunch of trophies from random games. This is fun as you csn boost your completion, play a bunch of different games but dont have to worry about the plat

4. Pick a goal. For example i am aiming at 82% for the rest of summer. 1% doesnt sound like a lot but it is something to work towards

Edited by Dr_Mayus