Sharing is caring trophy (PS3)

I did this process, but when i m connect in Uplay, it asks if i want go to another page and close a game, sometimes it gets an error "uplay service inst avaliable this time" or just go to an black screen and crash it.

I need open this page to can connect on Uplay?

2 hours ago, majinfer said:

I did this process, but when i m connect in Uplay, it asks if i want go to another page and close a game, sometimes it gets an error "uplay service inst avaliable this time" or just go to an black screen and crash it.

I need open this page to can connect on Uplay?

you do not have to go to the UPlay page as that no longer exists and will crash.  Once you make your account you are connected and can close that menu to start the game

16 minutes ago, SkyHigami said:

Hello, i try to create a new account Uplay when i launch the game but i got always this message "the ubisoft server is not available this time" anyone got the answer ?

Tried treating a new account Wednesday, it would say lost connection after entering the first field.  
Yesterday night , it now lets me enter all the fields but then says the ubisoft server is not available when trying to create a new account :/

I am able to get into multiplayer with it linked.
For now , just going to keep it unlinked for SP and get a little further in story and hope they fix it.

I did see someone did get the sharing is caring achievement today on the latest achievers page.

Submitted a ticket with ubisoft about the hard locks and server issues in sp. :/

19 hours ago, SkyHigami said:

Hello, i try to create a new account Uplay when i launch the game but i got always this message "the ubisoft server is not available this time" anyone got the answer ?

19 hours ago, digitaldragon754 said:

Tried treating a new account Wednesday, it would say lost connection after entering the first field.  
Yesterday night , it now lets me enter all the fields but then says the ubisoft server is not available when trying to create a new account :/

I am able to get into multiplayer with it linked.
For now , just going to keep it unlinked for SP and get a little further in story and hope they fix it.

I did see someone did get the sharing is caring achievement today on the latest achievers page.

Submitted a ticket with ubisoft about the hard locks and server issues in sp. :/

I thought I could get away with not having to delete everyone from my friend list, but I had the same issue until I did.

Unfortunately it is imperative that you follow ClockworkArtemis's post to the letter.

Thank you for the post btw, it is a godsend.

10 minutes ago, SajoAtine said:

I thought I could get away with not having to delete everyone from my friend list, but I had the same issue until I did.

Unfortunately it is imperative that you follow ClockworkArtemis's post to the letter.

Thank you for the post btw, it is a godsend.

That's a shame you have to do that. I wanted to play the game again, but not if I have to delete all my friends.

Result.

I got it by booting the game normally with no linked ubisoft connect account. Booting single player until my next quick save, quitting to the main menu and then logging into an existing ubisoft account.

Logged in without issue and had the trophy within a few hours.

Finding the Royal navy was the most annoying bit! I never remember finding a chest but still got the trophy anyway.

To note my friends list is empty.

Edited by Wahisietel_
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SH06UN5126 said:

So, it's definitely not a less than 50 friends thing, like it was for AC3?

... it's definitely 0 friends?

Yes.  I tried the scientific approach when I did mine and checked every ten friends I removed and it only worked at 0.  Everything else would brick some time between entering the UPlay info and loading into the SP campaign.

12 minutes ago, ClockworkArtemis said:

Yes.  I tried the scientific approach when I did mine and checked every ten friends I removed and it only worked at 0.  Everything else would brick some time between entering the UPlay info and loading into the SP campaign.

Damn, that sucks. Thanks for confirming.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, ClockworkArtemis said:

if you unlink your main ubisoft account and do this can you relink your main back later and still have your progress on your games? i still have some division 1 dlc to do.

23 hours ago, ChowderlyDude said:

if you unlink your main ubisoft account and do this can you relink your main back later and still have your progress on your games? i still have some division 1 dlc to do.

yes you can do this with no issues.  I relinked after I finished BF and picked up right where I left off with other Ubi games (mainly AC Rogue PS3 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands)

• 1 month later...

I’m starting the single player now I had the freezing issues so I unlinked my Ubisoft account game works fine now however in order to get sharing is caring should I be looking from the beginning of the game for the collectables or can I relink my account at the end leaving sharing is caring for the last trophy ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, Hannibal9090 said:

I’m starting the single player now I had the freezing issues so I unlinked my Ubisoft account game works fine now however in order to get sharing is caring should I be looking from the beginning of the game for the collectables or can I relink my account at the end leaving sharing is caring for the last trophy ?

you are better off waiting until you have done everything else to do the whole purge process for sharing is caring because at that point you can fast travel across the whole map and get the events in one shot instead of redoing the whole process every time you turn your console off.  That's how I did mine and it took like 2-3 hours of exploring to find all three

Well, I followed the same process as ClockworkArtemis, but I just logged into my account, that is, I logged in through the ubisoft website and logged in to my account that was connected to PSN and disconnected from PSN through the website, so I entered the game again and entered normally on Uplay, it worked for me, but like he said, you need to have 0 friends, it just worked for me too, the kenway fleet works, social chests and convoy also work, the white whales appear and I tested it, at least on mine it worked and I wanted to share with you the procedure I did

Edited by Xz_W1llyaN_zX
I made a mistake
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, ClockworkArtemis said:

I just unlocked this trophy on March 9, 2023.  Credit to AEGIS-90 for the information.  In order to play while connected to UPlay and have social events spawn, you must:

1) Make sure your PSN is not linked to an Ubisoft Connect account

2) Delete all friends you have on your PSN friends list (list must be completely empty besides yourself)

3) Boot up the game and make a new Uplay account when prompted (I used burner accounts myself, I'm not sure if they can have been linked to a PSN in the past or not)

From there you will have full access to the social aspects of the single player campaign (leaderboards, Kenway's Fleet, whales, chests, etc.) but if you disconnect for any reason you will have to unlink your PSN from Ubisoft Connect and create another account when you start up again.  For the best results, save this trophy for when you can fast travel to most, if not all of the locations in the game then just follow the map in the guide or a playlist online until you get all three.  It took me about 3 hours with this method, and it can also be used to get the elite fire barrel storage if you do not want to buy the timesaver.  Good luck to those who still need this, and thanks again to Aegis for saving my platinum

So for this trophy even though it says you need to share the events with a friend, but how can you do that with no friends? Is it just simply completing the event and finding it that matters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itZScAry-GaRy said:

So for this trophy even though it says you need to share the events with a friend, but how can you do that with no friends? Is it just simply completing the event and finding it that matters?

The game doesn't check to see you have friends just that you shared it.

47 minutes ago, cjninja125 said:

Are we sure there's no way to do it without deleting all of the people on your friends list? It's the last MP related trophy I need and want to get it finished up soon but I've had my account for a long time and don't want to delete my friends list. 

Trophy or keep your friends, difficult decision?