Keep getting disqualified. Why?

Sardavanua

I've been trying to get the Hard Times trophy for the whole day by now.

It requires you to finish a Pro Season Race.

Every time once I hit about 40 laps my mechanic keeps telling me to pit. Every single lap. No matter if I do it or not, I keep getting disqualified for no obvious reason after like 15 more laps, therefore preventing me from getting the trophy.

I'm by no means a F1 expert. Does anybody know why the heck I'm not allowed to finish the race?

Edited by Sardavanua

@Falcao_Fantasma 

Thx for your reply. I know the rule and  at first I thought that might be what is causing my DSQ.

Every race I've been switching to Prime and back to Option at least once.

But I still get disqualified no matter what.

I even switched to Intermediate and Wet just to void the DSQ, even though they're not needed. Didn't work though.

I'm afraid the counter is somehow glitched, but I don't know because in Pro Season there is no HUD. 

Edited by Sardavanua

1 hour ago, Sardavanua said:

I've been trying to get the Hard Times trophy for the whole day by now.

It requires you to finish a Pro Season Race.

Every time once I hit about 40 laps my mechanic keeps telling me to pit. Every single lap. No matter if I do it or not, I keep getting disqualified for no obvious reason after like 15 more laps, therefore preventing me from getting the trophy.

I'm by no means a F1 expert. Does anybody know why the heck I'm not allowed to finish the race?

You've probably received a "stop-and-go" penalty for whatever reason and as you fail to pit and serve the penalty within a given period of time, it's a DSQ.

Pay attention to your race engineer more often, as you have no HUD, I suppose the game should give info via radio, just like in real life.

Edited by EdinhoN

Thx for the replies so far.

36 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

You're probably getting warnings and eventually just getting DQ'd. 

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I drive very carefully and usually don't get many penalties. Also all of my DSQs happend randomly without doing anything prohibited at the same time. 

22 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

You've probably received a "stop-and-go" penalty for whatever reason and as you fail to pit and serve the penalty within a given period of time, it's a DSQ.

Pay attention to your race engineer more often, as you have no HUD, I suppose the game should give info via radio, just like in real life.

This sounds more like it could be the problem. Even though it would be really weird that I got the same penalty in every race around the same time so far. The race engineer doesn't tell me anything useful, besides that I have to pit. Every single lap. I'll try to stay in pit for a longer period of time next race. Can't be arsed with another two hour race right now.:shakefist: