PS Plus version won't get the free upgrade for ps5

Thermopyle2

4 minutes ago, Sion413 said:

It was literally one of the games on PS+ in January along with Maneater and Tomb Raider.

I was remembering it being a Now title, and even checked the PS+ wiki with a page find to double-check it wasn't there. Looks like I was too quick and the page hadn't finishing loading yet. :facepalm:

Where did you see that it's not a free upgrade?

2 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I was remembering it being a Now title, and even checked the PS+ wiki with a page find to double-check it wasn't there. Looks like I was too quick and the page hadn't finishing loading yet. :facepalm:

Where did you see that it's not a free upgrade?

Here is the tweet:

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 1

That's pretty ridiculous. FF7R was very upfront about it and the lack of a PS+ upgrade was noted in the initial announcement and then Playstation blog posts about it afterwards as well. I just double-checked the PS5 Greedfall post and there's definitely nothing there. 

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yoszek said:

Here is the tweet:

Ouch, thats quite disappointing, big shame theres no upgrade for that version. PlayStation should really hammer out some better deals with these types of games, unless this is what they want, in which case its not very player friendly.

• Like 2

How do I get the PS5 upgrade or is it not up yet? I have the paid digital version of this game and could test if something autopops but honestly not that thrilled about playing it again because I have already forgotten close to everything about this game and it hasn't even been two years, it was sadly that forgettable...

Just now, AvariceInc said:

How do I get the PS5 upgrade or is it not up yet? I have the paid digital version of this game and could test if something autopops but honestly not that thrilled about playing it again because I have already forgotten close to everything about this game and it hasn't even been two years, it was sadly that forgettable...

Release date is June 30th, it's not on all stores yet.

3 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Well, the PS4 version runs like crap on my PS5 and I don't really feel like buying the game again. I have, in a way, already paid for it via Plus.

100% agreed. Pretty much an ass move by the devs especially if you consider that the game does not run that good on ps4 imo. Won't support this tactic so I pass

Edited by DavySuicide

4 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Well, the PS4 version runs like crap on my PS5 and I don't really feel like buying the game again. I have, in a way, already paid for it via Plus.

I am not sure about that. Did you update the game with the late patch early this year? I played in March I think. The game was clearly high resolution and high frame rate (if not 60fps) for me. Trust me, I can't stand 30fps any more. And Greedfall PS4 on PS5 is definitely worth playing. I was actually surprised the game run that well. 

Just found this out and I've not really seen it talked about anywhere. Kind of a shitty thing to do topeople who have had this installed for months patiently wating for the update.

I guess its not really surprising as FF7 Remake did the same thing however Square Enix always make weird decisions like this.

At least FF7 told us as soon as it was available on PS Plus whereas Greedfall didn't mention it at all in the months since it was on PS Plus (which was also when they announced they where working on a next gen update)

Source:

48 minutes ago, HusKy said:

ice if devs provided at least some form of upgrade to PS5 from the PS+ version. Anything is better than paying full price.

Edited 47 minutes ago by HusKy

Greed fall PS5 gold edition is 40 bucks so I figured that price already put PS+ membership in consideration since so many people already got the original for free.

But seriously I don't see why we have to play the PS5 ver since PS4 ver already runs very well on PS5 console. I will just get the DLC and be done with it. 

• Like 1

Guess they don’t want me playing their game then. It’s janky in the base PS4 version, and although I might have still given it a go, I’d now feel I was playing a second rate version. Same reason I don’t buy censored games on PlayStation and would get them on switch.

Also not going to buy the full game when I essentially already have it. especially as it’s not a must play.

I do understand this from their financial perspective, but from my position there is no way I’m playing the game at all now.

Erm, my post got deleted - no explanation why, it was just removed. 

I remember quoting the above person who said the PS4 version is 60fps and advised it was 1296p on the PS4 Pro and PS5 at 30fps, it must have just had decent motion blur to make it 'feel 'smoother'. But, there were no upgrades since the PS5 came out. This new one is 4k at 30 or 60fps at an unknown resolution, so it should look and feel better either way.

2 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

It amazes me to see how many people feel entitled to receive a free upgrade, that the devs had to work to make, for a game that they had already got for free in the first place.

I’m not personally saying I’m entitled to it. I’m just not going to buy a PS5 version of a game I’ve already bought on PS4 through paying for plus; I’m also not playing a second rate version of the game with janky frame rate (PS5 might improve this a little, but guess I’ll never find out). I know it seems strange, but I would likely have given the PS4 version a try eventually, but now would just feel like I was playing an inferior version.