PS Plus version won't get the free upgrade for ps5

Thermopyle2

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Anybody having problems with this in the store?? 

Im seeing the PS4 version which I own from plus, and I also see the PS5 version at £30, but the Gold edition edition is unavailable because i own the plus game apparently

So what, if I wanna play DLC on PS5, I must buy that and the base game separately???  Just wondering if its just a problem on my end or same for every1?? 

Guess if i ever do decide to cover it, i'll just buy the disc Gold Edition if there is one

Yep, this is a technical issue on PS store's side. You can't buy these extended editions most of the time if you own the base game. Same for me with Black Ops 3 with all DLCs.

I have a feeling even if the devs wanted to provide this upgrade for free to PS+ users, this wouldn't be possible because of how shitty the PS store is. They would have to tie the PS5 license to PS+ and I can already see this scenario not being possible in the store.

11 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yep, this is a technical issue on PS store's side. You can't buy these extended editions most of the time if you own the base game. Same for me with Black Ops 3 with all DLCs.

I have a feeling even if the devs wanted to provide this upgrade for free to PS+ users, this wouldn't be possible because of how shitty the PS store is. They would have to tie the PS5 license to PS+ and I can already see this scenario not being possible in the store.

as I said before: It‘s possible. Dead by Daylight is prove. The DbD devs aren‘t the smartest either (We cant change a trophy requirement), yet they made the PS+ version upgradeable to PS5. 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, Bluefalcon2210 said:

It's going to be more than likely that this is the case for every game we get on Plus that get's a PS5 upgrade because the only exception so far has been Control.

Control was different as that was the full PS5 version, not the PS4 + upgrade.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, Bluefalcon2210 said:

It's going to be more than likely that this is the case for every game we get on Plus that get's a PS5 upgrade because the only exception so far has been Control.

2 hours ago, bendermac said:

as I said before: It‘s possible. Dead by Daylight is prove. The DbD devs aren‘t the smartest either (We cant change a trophy requirement), yet they made the PS+ version upgradeable to PS5. 

And both versions became free for everyone after getting the PS5 upgrade (i.e. no longer tied to PS+)

9 minutes ago, Blurrkup said:

There's so much confusion in naming with the whole "upgrade" thing. Sometimes they confuse PS5-exclusive patches for PS4 versions with actual native PS5 ports lol.

Edited by Lance_87

20 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

No, I'm saying there's probably plenty of people that are interested in this game but haven't gotten around to it. I'd play the PS5 version, but I have no interest in the last gen version if I can play the better one. But as it stands now, they make no money if people don't buy the upgrade. However, if people get a free upgrade for a PS+ game they already own (which is also getting a free upgrade for regular owners), then they might enjoy it and purchase the DLC. At the very least, they could go the FFVIIR route and offer it at a steep discount. 

That said, I'm not too upset and I don't really care. It just means I'll probably never play the game and I'm fine with that. 

Exactly my sentiments. Well summed up.

23 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

At the very least, they could go the FFVIIR route and offer it at a steep discount. 

What steep discount? Afaik there is currently no option to get the PS5 version of FFVII-R if you have the PS+ version, other then buying the game at full price.

Edited by bendermac
fixed a typo

1 hour ago, bendermac said:

What steep discount? Afaik there is currently no option to get the PS5 version of FFVII-R if you have the PS+ version, other then buying the game at full price.

There was an option to upgrade the PS+ edition to the PS5 version for £8.99 - but I think the offer was only live for a few hours

18 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

The upcoming Gold edition has that name due a new content (dlc). There was no extra content for ps4, so my disc/version is the one any other guy in my situation has, regular disc edition. I haven't upgraded it yet, but according to what I've googled You upgrade to Gold edition meaning you get the dlc for free. If that it's true I hope it's the beginning of this kind of upgrades that really thank people ( previous buyers) for believe in the product.

Edit: Can someone confirm if real buyers get the dlc for free? Meaning the whole gold edition.

As far as I'm aware, physical or digital versions of Greedfall on the PS4 are upgraded to the standard edition of the game on the PS5. There is a standard (just base game) version of the game on the PS5 as well as the Gold edition which has the DLC as an unlockable item via a code or license. So, you shouldn't get the Gold edition.

Someone said Game Pass people were being given the Gold version, but if that's the case then it's because Xbox has messed up - it's a like-for-like upgrade.

The DLC is only £5.79

23 minutes ago, turniplord said:

There was an option to upgrade the PS+ edition to the PS5 version for £8.99 - but I think the offer was only live for a few hours

As far as I'm aware, physical or digital versions of Greedfall on the PS4 are upgraded to the standard edition of the game on the PS5. There is a standard (just base game) version of the game on the PS5 as well as the Gold edition which has the DLC as an unlockable item via a code or license. So, you shouldn't get the Gold edition.

Someone said Game Pass people were being given the Gold version, but if that's the case then it's because Xbox has messed up - it's a like-for-like upgrade.

The DLC is only £5.79

Oh ok, I'm not aware of digital stuff, i mostly buy physical and that one it's only ps5 gold edition, no regular edition.

Edited by GoldenShaka