LAMBORGHINI_247X

*FIXING 'king for a day'*

78 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, woggly4 said:

Yep. 1f609.png

 

You would need to set up a Wifi Hotspot on your PC and connect the PS3 to it. Then you can capture the traffic with Wireshark on that hotspot's interface. Most likely you won't be able to see the actual data because it's encrypted but have a look for DNS requests after starting the game and logging in to multiplayer. After that, search for requests to the resolved IP to get the connection port. Open it in a browser and check the certificate.

 

In your network capture you will most likely notice something with fesl.ea.com or the like, this is the authentication to EA and handling of your stats etc. It seems that every EA multiplayer game uses this protocol. Maybe there's something regarding Autolog as well.

 

i wonder if this works with Burnout Crash too (another Autolog victim)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, so I just downloaded it (bought on my main in 2015 lol) and tested on 3 alt. accounts which are "friended".

I finished the first race towards "Las Vegas", I am ~205th now on all 3 accounts.

 

Started to mess up with "Autolog" option - got "Current Events" trophy. And whichever option I choose - the LB/table is empty/shows error - example pic below.


https://imgur.com/OqyzFjw

OqyzFjw.jpg

So... No, it simply doesn't work. 

Possible options mentioned above are beyond my skills and will, so... 

(OT - TBH this game looks and seems to be a total crap anyway - I just finished Undercover - it was WAY much "better").

EDIT: The worst thing is that MP actually WORKS and you can find other Players, only this bloody option is messed up :/.

So now I understand why EA is announcing server's closure, since they ARE online. Only some IMPORTANT part - AUTOLOG - is not working...

Edited by Smashero
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2021 at 7:13 PM, woggly4 said:

I just stumbled upon this thread. I don't have the game but I'm willing to help because I fought another unobtainable EA trophy the other day, and I eventually got it but the trophy fixed itself which seems to be unlikely in this case here. But I researched quite a bit about EA's server structure during that period which might help.

 

The official reason is 

and in fact all old servers of old EA games have expired HTTPS certificates. However, the Battlefield franchise for example has the fingerprint of the certificate baked into the game, thus ignoring the expiry. Did someone check if the "Autolog system" has an expired certificate and the game maybe checks the validity of the certificate? If this is the case it might be worth a try to proxy the connection to the Autolog server with a self signed (i.e. valid) certificate. I think it sounds kind of odd that this "security issue" is specific to this game and broke the trophy overnight, might be a clue that the certificate expired on that exact date back in 2016.

 

Are you able to try this at all for us, Woggly? I don't know if you own the game at all, but it'd be very interesting to see if this would resolve it. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Ok, so I just downloaded it (bought on my main in 2015 lol) and tested on 3 alt. accounts which are "friended".

I finished the first race towards "Las Vegas", I am ~205th now on all 3 accounts.

 

Started to mess up with "Autolog" option - got "Current Events" trophy. And whichever option I choose - the LB/table is empty/shows error - example pic below.


https://imgur.com/OqyzFjw

OqyzFjw.jpg

So... No, it simply doesn't work. 

Possible options mentioned above are beyond my skills and will, so... 

(OT - TBH this game looks and seems to be a total crap anyway - I just finished Undercover - it was WAY much "better").

EDIT: The worst thing is that MP actually WORKS and you can find other Players, only this bloody option is messed up :/.

So now I understand why EA is announcing server's closure, since they ARE online. Only some IMPORTANT part - AUTOLOG - is not working...

The Run is the best NFS in last 15 years) online have most players in all nfs series,lobby is always full even dlc. Undercover is fine but I think it worst one in last 15 years in the series.

They closing games because they 10+ years old. I wonder why Hot Pursuit 2010 not be closed too.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, pavelbagirov said:

The Run is the best NFS in last 15 years) online have most players in all nfs series,lobby is always full even dlc. Undercover is fine but I think it worst one in last 15 years in the series.

They closing games because they 10+ years old. I wonder why Hot Pursuit 2010 not be closed too.

It will be delisted from EA Play on 16th of Aug and there is a conspiracy theory that MP could also disappear soon, having in mind Remastered versions on PS4.

 

That's why I am atm planning to start it this weekend...

 

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smashero said:

It will be delisted from EA Play on 16th of Aug and there is a conspiracy theory that MP could also disappear soon, having in mind Remastered versions on PS4.

 

So need to finish with MW 2012 dlc too soon. Longest one on PS3 nfs

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Are you able to try this at all for us, Woggly? I don't know if you own the game at all, but it'd be very interesting to see if this would resolve it. :)

I don't own the game, yet. But now I'm curious too so I ordered two used copies. Will try to investigate some things when they arrive and report back. But don't expect too much, it's just a guess.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I don't own the game, yet. But now I'm curious too so I ordered two used copies. Will try to investigate some things when they arrive and report back. But don't expect too much, it's just a guess.

 

Indeed, but it's a plausible guess and certainly interesting to say the least. Best of luck. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

someone got the trophy last month 

legit?

 

I don't know why they're still on the leaderboard when someone else was just removed the other day, I guess nobody has flagged it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 10/08/2021 at 8:13 PM, woggly4 said:

If this is the case [that the expired certificate is the culprit] it might be worth a try to proxy the connection to the Autolog server with a self signed (i.e. valid) certificate.


Even if you manage to get it work, which I hope you will and I wish you good luck with that, there’s still an another concern: wouldn’t this get you flagged and removed from the leaderboards?

Edited by latest-purr1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

someone got the trophy last month 

legit?

No.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, latest-purr1 said:

Even if you manage to get it work, which I hope you will and I wish you good luck with that, there’s still an another concern: wouldn’t this get you flagged and removed from the leaderboards?

 

Nope. He's using a "thing" that don't manipulates the firmware of the console, neither creates "something" that hacks the trophies. For example, in order to get the multiplayer XP trophies in AVP in single player, you must use the proxy servers. And nobody (including me) was flagged and removed, because is not hacking.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, latest-purr1 said:

Even if you manage to get it work, which I hope you will and I wish you good luck with that, there’s still an another concern: wouldn’t this get you flagged and removed from the leaderboards?

 

Well, I'm not CRT but, as @APCGrayLocked said, with this method I'm not altering anything regarding trophies or system software or the actual connection data between EA and your PS3. I'm using tools to monitor my own network connection, which are common to use if you want to analyze or increase your network's security.

 

In fact, if you have installed an antivirus software that provides a connection protection it will use the same technique: Self signing a certificate that is trusted by your system in order to scan the network. Otherwise malicious sites would just need to use HTTPS encryption and no software could find malware etc in it. It's a so called Man-in-the-middle.

 

Furthermore, if EA shut downs the server or the Autolog server is down the method wouldn't work (anymore). So it depends completely on EA's servers, I would just recover the state of before the certificate expired.

 

However, as said, I'm not CRT and this is just my opinion on it. If you really get flagged for it the leaderboard rules would need to be revised imo.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, latest-purr1 said:


Even if you manage to get it work, which I hope you will and I wish you good luck with that, there’s still an another concern: wouldn’t this get you flagged and removed from the leaderboards?

 

3 hours ago, woggly4 said:

However, as said, I'm not CRT and this is just my opinion on it. If you really get flagged for it the leaderboard rules would need to be revised imo.

 

It's like APCGreyLocked said: if this method works and you show here how to do, you won't get flagged by doing this. This is not a illegal method. There are other games that uses similar methods to earn trophies unachievable by normal means, like some of the games that used GameSpy or the Final Fantasy XV Comrades DLC, for example.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I wish APCGrayLocked and woggly4 headed up EA's customer support. In two pages, these two players have shown more intelligence in solving EA's problems than EA customer support has shown on two hundred pages of its own site.

 

Gamer: Dear EA, the Autolog function isn't working on PS3 in NFS The Run.

EA Customer Support: So sorry to hear that! If you tell me more about your system's specs, perhaps we can help. Let's get started! First, I'm going to do everything I can to hide the fact I've never played the game you mentioned and have no idea what you are talking about.

Gamer: OK. 

EA: Second, rather than do any work myself, I'm going to ask you to spend an hour hunting down useless technical information on your system and typing it up to post it in on the thread. I hope this calms you down to the point when I redirect you to another non-human resource, you don't angrily ask for my supervisor, revealing to my boss I'm useless at my job.

Gamer: Wait, what? It's Autolog for PS3. It's a standard console. EA already has this information.

EA: I don't understand a word you're typing, but it's my job to pretend I do. Please refer to Need For Speed The Run's FAQ page from 2012. Now that I've wasted your time, would you mind filling out an automated survey and give me five stars?

Gamer: No, can you just fix Autolog on PS3?! Or connect me to someone who can?

EA: I'd really love it if you gave me five stars. I'm trying to get promoted to the Battlefield V server support team. Those guys don't even show up for work and still get paid! Sigh. Living the dream.

Gamer: ...

PURE BEAUTY, THANK YOU

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the online part is completely offline now. Can someone please check if you can connect?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Looks like the online part is completely offline now. Can someone please check if you can connect?

 

Just checked, and I was able to log in to Autolog and get into a march with 2 randoms, so the online is still working.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks for checking. That's weird because I can't connect to Autolog at all. Anyone from the EU who can confirm it's also working for them?

 

Edit: Still doesn't work for me, will try again from time to time.

Edited by woggly4
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Thanks for checking. That's weird because I can't connect to Autolog at all. Anyone from the EU who can confirm it's also working for them?

I'm from the EU (Portugal).

 

The Autolog doesn't always work properly.  I wasn't able to play online in the first day that I tried after buying it in June..

 

It's just a question of keep trying..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.