Backbone is coming this year for the Playstation consoles

KristanWoodtail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

The developers changed the name of the game from Backbone to Tails Noir.Interesting...

I guess this all but confirms they plan to do a sequel.

"Backbone" is a much better, more memorable name.... but it is very specific to that particular story - it wouldn't really make any sense to do another story in that universe, and call it "Backbone II".

"Tales Noir" is pretty dull and generic...

...but it's much broader, so could easily have a "Tales Noir II" with a different or continuing story set in the same universe.

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I guess this all but confirms they plan to do a sequel.

"Backbone" is a much better, more memorable name.... but it is very specific to that particular story - it wouldn't really make any sense to do another story in that universe, and call it "Backbone II".

"Tales Noir" is pretty dull and generic...

...but it's much broader, so could easily have a "Tales Noir II" with a different or continuing story set in the same universe.

The problem is that there wasn't any update on their social media about this,I only found out about this today after seeing it on my psnprofile trophy list. If people want to play the game and search for backbone on psn then it doesn't come up with this name. The developers should have announced the name change.

7 minutes ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

The problem is that there wasn't any update on their social media about this,I only found out about this today after seeing it on my psnprofile trophy list. If people want to play the game and search for backbone on psn then it doesn't come up with this name. The developers should have announced the name change.

Or at least call it "Tales Noir: Backbone", which would have helped.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, and the reason they changed it was some copyright infringement or something? 🤔

Like when "Trenched" had to change it's name to "Iron Brigade"?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1