About Moxxi Underdome DLC....

So, I tried it legit, and it sucks: I wasn't unlucky enough to get the crash but at the same time I was so unlucky to get such a bad combo of modifiers that it became impossible to me get through (reduced aim, headshot only, no shield and CR only, on a Mordecai no less) so I gave up and decided to look around for ways to get this done easier. Only issue I'm concerned is that most of the glitches and exploits i see were for the ps3 version therefore I was wondering if stuff like the "scaling" exploit still works - which would require me to create a second account or use someone's help - or perhaps if there's other ways to do this.

I just don't think I'm willing to sit through 3-4 hours of that thing again...

Edited by Darghel

That exploit has never and will never be fixed, because it's an intrinsic part of how the Borderlands games work. A word of warning though, the PS4 version of the Underdome is insanely unstable and crashes like mad once you get to the 14th or 15th round and beyond, because the game leaks memory like a sieve due to all the body parts lying around so look up all the known preventative measures you have to take to reduce the chances of a crash.

• Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

That exploit has never and will never be fixed, because it's an intrinsic part of how the Borderlands games work. A word of warning though, the PS4 version of the Underdome is insanely unstable and crashes like mad once you get to the 14th or 15th round and beyond, because the game leaks memory like a sieve due to all the body parts lying around so look up all the known preventative measures you have to take to reduce the chances of a crash.

Yeah I was reading that a way to help this was to use a corrosive/fire weapon so that they dissolve bodies (which I do, I have a good corrosive revolver on my mordedcai that can almost 1-2 shot most enemies, if im not debuffed). 

Thing is I'm pondering which is the ideal way to go: unlike the ps3 version I would require to do a second account, and the other option is to do it in a group but god knows if I can find someone wanting to do all 3. I was hoping to see if there were other way, but I'm fearing that the only option is to do a second account...

Just now, Darghel said:

Yeah I was reading that a way to help this was to use a corrosive/fire weapon so that they dissolve bodies (which I do, I have a good corrosive revolver on my mordedcai that can almost 1-2 shot most enemies, if im not debuffed). 

Thing is I'm pondering which is the ideal way to go: unlike the ps3 version I would require to do a second account, and the other option is to do it in a group but god knows if I can find someone wanting to do all 3. I was hoping to see if there were other way, but I'm fearing that the only option is to do a second account...

Your only options to 100% this are to either play legit or boost it - either way you are in for a 3-4hr slog per arena to get them done so pick your poison :(.

3 minutes ago, Darghel said:

also, I got it done by doing first 10 rounds, putting it to rest all night…. Doing five rounds…… putting it to rest and the. Finishing thst night 

Just now, dakk55 said:

The best advice I can give is to use Corrosive/Fire weapons. Also, avoid using the teleport portals, as I've had two crashes happen immediately after using a portal.

Ah good to know about the portals, i knew they would've caused issues eventually. And yes I have good corrosive and fire weapons, so I'm good on that.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Your only options to 100% this are to either play legit or boost it - either way you are in for a 3-4hr slog per arena to get them done so pick your poison :(.

Yeah I know, I wouldn't be troubled with the time required if the arena didn't get frustrating later. I'm pretty patient but the modifiers were just brutal on me, so if I can do it easier it wouold help. 

I think my best option is to find a boost, or maybe seek online. if there are people that is. Alone is just not a good option in this case...losing an entire round is already frustrating.

31 minutes ago, Darghel said:

I was wondering if stuff like the "scaling" exploit still works - which would require me to create a second account

This works. It's how I completed that nightmare. The min level is 15 for enemies iirc. Also, def use fire/corrosive weapons. And for the second controller, have them look down at the floor.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

This works. It's how I completed that nightmare. The min level is 15 for enemies iirc. Also, def use fire/corrosive weapons. And for the second controller, have them look down at the floor.

Good hints, thanks, I will do that on the second controller.

• 1 month later...

I’m a Mordecai too and I’ve just wasted 3hrs. ?

I’m playing on PS5, larger challenge - The Angelic Ruins. Using split screen method, 3x corrosive revolver and x4 corrosive RPG. Got to round 20 wave 4 (The Badass Wave) which is actually the furthest I’ve ever gotten. 

It’s crashed two/three times before when I’ve hit the 2 hour 45 minute mark (using explosive weapons) and this was the first time I used corrosive weapons, I got further than I ever have but instead crashed at the 3hrs mark.
I don’t know what to do, i don’t know if I need better weapons or perhaps can go that little bit quicker, I might get it done. I’ll have to try again at some point but I’m in no rush as it’s so… frustrating to get so close multiple times only for it to crash ??

On 30/06/2021 at 8:18 PM, Darghel said:

Good hints, thanks, I will do that on the second controller.

I checked your profile and saw you got them all completed in the end, how did you personally do it?

11 hours ago, SirHandy said:

I checked your profile and saw you got them all completed in the end, how did you personally do it?

I was lucky to have found someone to help me doing Angelic Ruins and the Gully - i think he was modded, he never lost his shield - so it was very easy with him. I eventually did Hell-burbia on my own, wasn't easy at all while alone, and eventually I got it. The guy was a life savior!

Honestly, i can only recommend two things: "do it with AT LEAST someone else, whether you wanna do the low level exploit, or legit" and "DO USE A FIRE/CORROSIVE GUN!"

With my Mordecai I managed to have no crashes thanks to my guns: i had a fire elemental and Corrosive gun, and their procs were super high, so 2 times out of 3 they melted. I think that helped a lot because I never had a single crash in my attempts.

I could potentially try and help you because as long as you have at least one character with good weapons (corrosive work best, but fire are okay too), it's really a lot easier since the other guy can help from the tower, and of course, as long as one is alive it's not game over. I have some weapons that are really useful for that, a sniper rifle and a revolve with extremely high corrosive power (although i lost a mod that regenerated ammo for it, damn)

Edited by Darghel

On 15/08/2021 at 11:00 PM, Darghel said:

I was lucky to have found someone to help me doing Angelic Ruins and the Gully - i think he was modded, he never lost his shield - so it was very easy with him. I eventually did Hell-burbia on my own, wasn't easy at all while alone, and eventually I got it. The guy was a life savior!

Honestly, i can only recommend two things: "do it with AT LEAST someone else, whether you wanna do the low level exploit, or legit" and "DO USE A FIRE/CORROSIVE GUN!"

With my Mordecai I managed to have no crashes thanks to my guns: i had a fire elemental and Corrosive gun, and their procs were super high, so 2 times out of 3 they melted. I think that helped a lot because I never had a single crash in my attempts.

I could potentially try and help you because as long as you have at least one character with good weapons (corrosive work best, but fire are okay too), it's really a lot easier since the other guy can help from the tower, and of course, as long as one is alive it's not game over. I have some weapons that are really useful for that, a sniper rifle and a revolve with extremely high corrosive power (although i lost a mod that regenerated ammo for it, damn)

The odd part for me was I did both Hell-Burbia and The Gully (using the low level spilt screen method) with no problems/crashes, first time and not even using fire or corrosive weapons. However, The Angelic Ruins, jeez I’ve attempted it about five times and all attempts have ended up with it crashing. ? It was only my recent attempt that I tried using corrosive weapons but as mentioned still crashed on round 20 wave 4. It seems something about The Angelic Ruins it doesn’t like, might be because it’s a larger colosseum perhaps. ?‍♂️

It’s very kind of you to offer helping me but I think I’m in luck. I realised during the week that I had an old PlayStation account of mine, I played Borderlands on the PS3, on one of my characters I have modded weapons and a modded shield. So I exported/imported that character to the remastered version and used a duplication glitch to transfer the modded guns/shield to my current account. Using these I should be able to do the round skip glitch meaning less enemies to kill and less time spent in The Angelic Ruins.

Going to try it now so hopefully this works ?

Edited by SirHandy

41 minutes ago, SirHandy said:

The odd part for me was I did both Hell-Burbia and The Gully (using the low level spilt screen method) with no problems/crashes, first time and not even using fire or corrosive weapons. However, The Angelic Ruins, jeez I’ve attempted it about five times and all attempts have ended up with it crashing. 1f615.png It was only my recent attempt that I tried using corrosive weapons but as mentioned still crashed on round 20 wave 4. It seems something about The Angelic Ruins it doesn’t like, might be because it’s a larger colosseum perhaps. ?‍♂️

It’s very kind of you to offer helping me but I think I’m in luck. I realised during the week that I had an old PlayStation account of mine, I played Borderlands on the PS3, on one of my characters I have modded weapons and a modded shield. So I exported/imported that character to the remastered version and used a duplication glitch to transfer the modded guns/shield to my current account. Using these I should be able to do the round skip glitch meaning less enemies to kill and less time spent in The Angelic Ruins.

Going to try it now so hopefully this works ?

The weird part is, I did Angelic Ruins with 4 people, and i had no crash whatsoever. Now that guy was still with me, but the other 2 kept leaving and returning, some being replaced, and eventually I was worried too but I still had no crash. 

Anyway in your case you should be good then, modded weapons help tremendously, especially shields. I did legit for hell-burbia and i can safely say it was hard as it is. I would've used the modded weapons too but I didn't know how.

Good luck in your attempts, just try to melt if you can, or burn them. I'm not sure but it worked to me. Somehow.

On 21/08/2021 at 11:51 AM, Darghel said:

The weird part is, I did Angelic Ruins with 4 people, and i had no crash whatsoever. Now that guy was still with me, but the other 2 kept leaving and returning, some being replaced, and eventually I was worried too but I still had no crash. 

Anyway in your case you should be good then, modded weapons help tremendously, especially shields. I did legit for hell-burbia and i can safely say it was hard as it is. I would've used the modded weapons too but I didn't know how.

Good luck in your attempts, just try to melt if you can, or burn them. I'm not sure but it worked to me. Somehow.

Odd, maybe the other two you were with were experiencing crashes hence why they kept returning. 

Understandable, the only way to get modded weapons and the shield in the remaster, is to either export/import a save from PS3 like I did or get given them by someone who already has them. 

For me though the good news is that my nightmare is finally over! I finally completed The Angelic Ruins bagging me the last two trophies I needed for the Underdome DLC. I did some round skips using the glitch so avoided doing about 4 rounds/20 waves. I used my corrosive Revolver and RPG in between to minimise debris on the ground, the modded shield was fantastic as it meant when the naked modifier came into place on certain waves, I still had my shield and took no damage. 
It’s just ridiculous they screwed up so much on the PS4 version that I had to resort to these methods but hey ho at least I can now go for the 100% with no further problems, hopefully. 

• Like 1