Doki Doki PS4 version?

Was about to purchase this digitally until I saw “PS5”. I’m a bit confused if this is playable on PS4? Cause I read it would release on PS4 on the forum but it doesn’t say it in the description. I wouldn’t want to buy something I can’t play yet lol

This is in my basket now: https://ibb.co/1dmxJMq

Confirmed you get both versions.

Edited by LoveInHell

Im able to confirm Its cross buy, if you buy it on your Playstation 4 you get the Playstation 5 version free and vice versa. Since thats the case the mobile app decides to only show the Playstation 5 as if you have a Playstation 5 to play on since its not limited for some reason but you do get both.

Edited by ImKelton
Just edited it a bit
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ImKelton said:

Im able to confirm Its cross buy, if you buy it on your Playstation 4 you get the Playstation 5 version free and vice versa. Since thats the case the mobile app decides to only show the Playstation 5 as if you have a Playstation 5 to play on since its not limited for some reason but you do get both.

Oof, I bought it and you’re right. Thank you, hmm they should make it more clear.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ImKelton said:

Oh thanks for the confirmation!

12 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Oof, I bought it and you’re right. Thank you, hmm they should make it more clear.

Indeed, I don't know why, but some games like The Pathless clearly have "PS4 & PS5" in the name. If anything the description should match the actual version, because if you look from the PS5 store to DDLC you can read the description they use for BC compatible titles

Edited by SparkeNaKaDem
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

Does the PS4 one have trophies?

I assume its the list hasn't been uploaded, But tried a new game on ps4 and nothing has popped 

Yup. Same trophy list on PS4 as PS5 (but a different stack) although it doesn’t sync to the servers just yet

The “Start a New Game” trophy is deceptive as it doesn’t pop when you first start the game. If you keep playing you’ll get it naturally

Edited by BGriff1986
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Yup. Same trophy list on PS4 as PS5 (but a different stack) although it doesn’t sync to the servers just yet

The “Start a New Game” trophy is deceptive as it doesn’t pop when you first start the game. If you keep playing you’ll get it naturally

Ah thanks Buddy, I stopped the ps4 version in case, was going to start the the ps5 version. 

That's great to know thanks

15 hours ago, ImKelton said:

But what if you buy it on PS5 first? Do you get the PS4 version? I can't even find the PS4 version to buy it. 

16 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

But what if you buy it on PS5 first? Do you get the PS4 version? I can't even find the PS4 version to buy it. 

On the web store it shows as one page that gets you both versions, so I don’t think you’re really buying either one “first”

What are you using to try and find the PS4 version? I had problems yesterday finding it via the app (and web store, at the time) so had to boot up my console and use the store on there

25 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

On the web store it shows as one page that gets you both versions, so I don’t think you’re really buying either one “first”

What are you using to try and find the PS4 version? I had problems yesterday finding it via the app (and web store, at the time) so had to boot up my console and use the store on there

PS App and PS5. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

Great price too for PS4 and PS5 crossbuy. But I want the physical with the goodies too. xD guess Ill buy that too when it releases august.

?

Edited by NERVergoproxy

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...