yanderegogeta

"Breakthrough" Could Be Glitched

72 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Strange ... I played a bit at random for a couple of runs and I was able to see the personal images of Yuri and Nazuki, then now I was trying to make the trophy that requires ALL colored images in the credits and while I was redoing everything (on multiple saves as I read) gave me new images already seen, and even the dialogues of those images did not make me jump. Basically I had been eliminated.

If you’re talking dialogue options then yeah, there are some moments that will always act as if you’ve never read them. And others where it’s not quite the same scene so you have to watch it again.

Also, progress to what you’re describing there has to be done without any resets. AFAIK the images already being in your gallery from a prior reset doesn’t count

Just now, BGriff1986 said:

If you’re talking dialogue options then yeah, there are some moments that will always act as if you’ve never read them. And others where it’s not quite the same scene so you have to watch it again.

Also, progress to what you’re describing there has to be done without any resets. AFAIK the images already being in your gallery from a prior reset doesn’t count

So I may have reset too soon? Is it better to restore only when it gets to the point that you are forced to do it?

2 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

So I may have reset too soon? Is it better to restore only when it gets to the point that you are forced to do it?

In the run you’re trying to do? You should never need to use the reset file during that play thru as everything is managed using Act 1 save files

5 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

In the run you’re trying to do? You should never need to use the reset file during that play thru as everything is managed using Act 1 save files

I honestly don't understand why my images have been deleted. Anyway now I have them all (those in CG of the characters), I'll be careful.

Sick of all them bugs happening in video games.

Edited by BrettyBoy

1 minute ago, BrettyBoy said:

Sick of all them bugs happening in video games.

I mean, it’s pretty much in keeping with the lore of DDLC that the game isn’t doing what it’s supposed to!

(Still annoying, though…)

The "Stonks" trophy is also bugged for me, I put the time at 2:40 and then I open the file but it does not come out. Absurd.

EDIT: I tried to start the game with a secondary account, anyway I can do it right away, it does NOT even come out there 😨

Edited by Siriodorione

11 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

The "Stonks" trophy is also bugged for me, I put the time at 2:40 and then I open the file but it does not come out. Absurd.

EDIT: I tried to start the game with a secondary account, anyway I can do it right away, it does NOT even come out there 1f628.png

What language are you playing on? In another thread somebody has been having issues with parts of the game not working right until they switched to English. Although that wasn’t specifically a problem with trophies

6 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

What language are you playing on? In another thread somebody has been having issues with parts of the game not working right until they switched to English. Although that wasn’t specifically a problem with trophies

I'm italian. I tried putting in English after reading your post and ................... IT WORKED ahahahahaha
It doesn't make any logical sense. Or rather ... I noticed that at the bottom right of the Desktop there was AM in the timetable. Which I think is missing in European languages.

However, the gallery trophy in my opinion is broken because the percentage does what it wants ... I had it at 67%, now reopening the game for the trophy it is at 62%, I hope they resolve. In doubt I do not unlock other images, I wait for the patch, then continue.

2 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I'm italian. I tried putting in English after reading your post and ................... IT WORKED ahahahahaha
It doesn't make any logical sense. Or rather ... I noticed that at the bottom right of the Desktop there was AM in the timetable. Which I think is missing in European languages.

However, the gallery trophy in my opinion is broken because the percentage does what it wants ... I had it at 67%, now reopening the game for the trophy it is at 62%, I hope they resolve. In doubt I do not unlock other images, I wait for the patch, then continue.

Ah, glad to hear it worked! Even if it is a stupid way of having to fix things…

The % completion status is known to be glitchy, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Mine got up to 105% at one point before eventually resetting itself to correctly 100%.

I guess if they repaired glitch on steam after day,  they should be able to update on ps really soon

2 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

But does the gallery reset when we reset the game? I'm talking about the images relating to the characters.

This also happened with me as I was playing through my second run of the game, images of random poems and all promo images were removed, I'll assume this is a bug and reason why the trophy for 100% cannot be unlocked.

I have 108% now, seemly there is an option that opens in the side stories menu once you have all the Pictures collected. Currently only need two more pictures and it's one of the poems from Act 2 (should unlock 2 pictures, one in secrets and another in promos) that is randomly generated and pre-determined when you start the game so you can't reload on Act 2 to try and get anymore, it's getting a little beyond frustrating really, my last run resulted in me getting the "Joke" one 3 times in a row, the last poem in Act 2 that I need is the dot one which you have to look at for 10 seconds before closing off, it just doesn't want to generate. -_-

Okay... I've collected everything, every picture, every song... even run the game minimum 20 times and got every email I think... data collection was at 123% and didn't got the trophy... so I decided to close the application and open it again... for some goddamn reason everything was gone... every data, every picture, everything, like I was launching the game for the first time. I'm angry and frustrated now. Does anyone know can I get my data back somehow? Because I really don't want to spend another several hours going through the game again and again and again to get these rng poems and mails.

9 hours ago, FaterMoon said:

Okay... I've collected everything, every picture, every song... even run the game minimum 20 times and got every email I think... data collection was at 123% and didn't got the trophy... so I decided to close the application and open it again... for some goddamn reason everything was gone... every data, every picture, everything, like I was launching the game for the first time. I'm angry and frustrated now. Does anyone know can I get my data back somehow? Because I really don't want to spend another several hours going through the game again and again and again to get these rng poems and mails.

This happened with me also. By any chance, did you reset the game and not start a new one and saved when you could? I've triggered this to happen 2 times myself, the second time I could restore from the Cloud as I started backing my save up after it happened the first time, but I concluded how this happens.

Pretty much, after running Reset, do not close the application until you get into New Game and save at the start. If you do close and reopen the entire game, it will almost treat it as if you are opening the game up for the first time. I do believe this is a bug, and something should be done about it, so hopefully the dev team is reading these forums as well as the Steam ones as I don't see any mention of this on the PC side at all.

Also, yes, unfortunately, you will have to go back and do everything again. I highly recommend until they fix this bug with the PS versions (I have no idea if this happens with PS4 as well), back your saves up on the Cloud and be very careful to not shut your game off right after a Reset.

And for other references, you can reset the game whenever, I have been resetting it every time I don't get the secret poem I need by the third poem unlock in Act 2, my stuff has been okay so long as I don't exit the application having done a reset before I start a new game.

Edited by DEMON

I play on PS4 so I can confirm that it happens with this version as well. Funny thing is I did not reset the game... When I got all the rng poems I've saved the game in the middle of act 2 and started doing side stories. When I finished them all I had all the data needed, didn't got the trophy, and decided to just reopen the application. You know what happened next.

So maybe the whole "game reset" bug also happens when you close the game right after finishing side stories?

6 minutes ago, FaterMoon said:

I play on PS4 so I can confirm that it happens with this version as well. Funny thing is I did not reset the game... When I got all the rng poems I've saved the game in the middle of act 2 and started doing side stories. When I finished them all I had all the data needed, didn't got the trophy, and decided to just reopen the application. You know what happened next.

So maybe the whole "game reset" bug also happens when you close the game right after finishing side stories?

Damn, that's quite scary now if it's not restricted to what I thought was the issue. I guess, backup your save like crazy with every little thing you do, best thing to do until they solve this data reset bug. The worst thing about it too was that when mine reset the first time, it actually only reset partially. Like there was some stuff untouched, but a lot of stuff removed, like it reset me to something like 24% from 60%. And both times it did this, it was when I had reset the game and didn't make sure to actually select new game and save before I exited. When you mention it though, it could be linked to the Side Stories as well as the first time this happened to me, my progress in the side stories was completely gone, the progress I had made anyway.

Ngl, I think I'm gonna focus on other games in my backlog until this game is fixed mostly, I kind of don't want to be making a lot of progress in it only for it to be taken away from me. I do have the save backed up to the cloud, but the fact this can seemly happen at any point is... yea, not good.

Edited by DEMON

6 hours ago, DEMON said:

Damn, that's quite scary now if it's not restricted to what I thought was the issue. I guess, backup your save like crazy with every little thing you do, best thing to do until they solve this data reset bug. The worst thing about it too was that when mine reset the first time, it actually only reset partially. Like there was some stuff untouched, but a lot of stuff removed, like it reset me to something like 24% from 60%. And both times it did this, it was when I had reset the game and didn't make sure to actually select new game and save before I exited. When you mention it though, it could be linked to the Side Stories as well as the first time this happened to me, my progress in the side stories was completely gone, the progress I had made anyway.

Ngl, I think I'm gonna focus on other games in my backlog until this game is fixed mostly, I kind of don't want to be making a lot of progress in it only for it to be taken away from me. I do have the save backed up to the cloud, but the fact this can seemly happen at any point is... yea, not good.

yep the bug can be annoying, but good thing is doing 100% after few times take around 2-3h

Does the bug happen due to images unlocking during side stories?

Edited by Siriodorione

20 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Does the bug happen due to images unlocking during side stories?

Well, one way it can happen is closing the game when resetting it (confirmed this by testing my theory on it, it also causes the same bug to happen). As for side stories bug that also makes it happen, I'm not sure on that how it works, I have all mine cleared now so I won't be touching them again, so I should be safe from that part of the bug.

anyone got any updates on this? dont wanna finish the last 3 collectibles just incase it means I have to redo it all once it gets patched

20 hours ago, yeeticus563 said:

anyone got any updates on this?

The update fixing the trophy is out. so long as you have 100% all you have to do is go to side stories and select the test VM option

so its fixed 100%, but you dont even need the 100%. the test VM side story is there for me at 98% completion only missing 2 of the secret act 2 poems, and when I loaded test VM the trophy and plat popped. Would be nice if anyone else can confirm whether this is a bug or not and what percentage you need to be at for test VM to appear.