What do you do when you're not gaming?

LoveInHell

Memes: Making memes, mostly shitposting and mostly in Russian. (I also have page on VK social network, but it's not very popular outside of Russia, so I won't leave link here).

Streams: Sometimes I stream stuff, usually there are about 20~ people watching me, crazy numbers to be honest. Since I stream once per week or even less lately.

Voice-over: Few month ago decided to study voice over acting, I have plans to become freelance voice actor.

Music: Writing mostly dark-ambient type or sampling sounds/making sound textures from sounds I gather on field recordings trips with my portable recorder around city and beyond...

...and work, boring stuff.

I found myself spending less and less time on gaming and especially trophy hunting. If I do play games, mostly some old stuff from GOG.COM, gladly they don't have achievements on every game, I am damned trophyholic and completionist and I hate it most of the times.

• Like 4

Read and talk about video games. Buy video games. Watch Youtubers that focus on video games. Honestly, an unhealthy amount of my time revolves around gaming.

I also like the outdoors. Camping, hiking, learning & practicing survival skills, etc. Years of continuous forest & land fires have really put a dent in all that though. Definitely don't go as much as I used to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

- work
- basketball with friends

- visiting parents

Believe me or not, but I love my life. It's kinda weird that i wanted to end it few years ago.

Happy you decided to stay. ?

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Child fathering, Wife husbanding, job working, story writing, and not sleeping.

What kind of stories do you write?

1 hour ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Read and talk about video games. Buy video games. Watch Youtubers that focus on video games. Honestly, an unhealthy amount of my time revolves around gaming.

On the same boat here. Instead of wasting so much money on games I take literally years to play, I decided to start a blu-ray collection which doesn’t involve 20 titles a month like games… ? It’s one of my rules now to not focus on gaming when on Youtube or watching anime series, it is indeed unhealthy. Gaming can really absorb the mind bad…

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

What kind of stories do you write?

Mostly short fiction stuff, urban fantasy type stuff, and some comedy bits and pieces.

Most don’t go anywhere - but fun to do.

I have a couple novels for sale (Here), and have been tinkering around trying to finish off that trilogy (slowly ?)

• Like 2

I'm gonna start working from home again since the pandemic is still raging where I live, I'm a teacher and an accountant, when not gaming or working I chill with my pets, me and my mom take care of stray cats and dogs until they find a home but I have 3 cats and 2 dogs that are mine, Simba, Snowball and Morgana my dogs are Milla and Artorias, my mother runs a food delivery service so I help around when needed, my boyfriend is also very nerdy but he's more of a Nintendo guy so it's a nice contrast since I mostly play on Playstation consoles, he lives in a neighboring city so we just chill and play smash during the weekend or I'll play Zelda while he plays on DS, it sounds kinda boring but I love it, and he's been teaching me how to cook and it's been pretty fun since he's great at it, that's pretty much it.

Burritoprime.png

• Like 2

With the heat as high as it's been around here, I've been spending less and less time gaming. Systems tend to produce a lot of exhaust. Been spending the time working on the house and garden. That closet isn't going to clean itself, and tomatoes require a lot of water to really thrive.

• Like 2

I'll read, listen to music, or check out videos on YouTube. After seeing Name That Tune on Fox eariler this year, I got hooked and started tracking down the older episodes with Jim Lange and Tom Kennedy. They're great also. In the mid 90's I watched a lot of the Jim Lange version on Freeform (Family Channel at the time). Also, more than a few cat videos. I can't get enough of them. This below is one of my favorites. "Hey everyone, I'm just here for meow-dition". ?

• Like 1

I never was not into gaming. I came out the womb with a controller in my hands!

Jokes aside, I teach martial arts, workout, read books, read manga, spend time with my family, and watch stuff on YouTube. I can watch TV, movies, and anime, but I rarely do that.

Edited by nestamar5
Mobile problems
  • Like 1

8-12 hours of my day is spent at work, 1 hour commuting (30 mins to and fro), an hour eating and watching Youtube at the same time, and about 2 hours a day doing some form of exercise. 

Other than that routine stuff, I go on Reddit, do chores or browse online shopping sites, and the rest of the time is spent gaming

• Like 2

Powerlifting (just started benchpressing again, im a former national champion in powerlifting, took a break, and now im working to get on the platform again).

Crossfit - just for fun in my garage, i bought a buttload of equipment, so i can do it at home.

CS:GO - I've played over 2000 hours in that game, and it hits me en periods.

Go for walks in nature - We live close to nature, so i like to get some fresh air and listen to the birds.

Watch tv show - Im a big fan of tv shows, since it give you a long term thing to watch and character development.

And then i work a lot as an orderly/caretaker at a hospital, so that takes a lot of my time :D 

• Like 1

I'm still in full-time employment, so that takes up most of my time.  I've actually barely even switched on my PS4 in the last couple of weeks, but generally when I'm not gaming, I'll slowly work my way through the ever-growing bluray collection, trying to make sure I've watched each of them at least once.  I have literally dozens of unread books on my shelves, which I can sometimes read during work if it's quiet enough.

I work on some art as well, usually comicbook art and comic-esque portraits of actors, a couple of which I've been able to give to the actors themselves.  I also used to paint Disney-themed canvases for kids, though it's been a few years now since the last one.

Finally, as I live out in the country, I try to get out for some good walks on my days off.  I sometimes walk up to 15 miles a day if the weather is agreeable and if I'm in the right frame of mind for it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I work full time so that takes up a fair bit of the week.  Free time though when not gaming I play baseball during the summer and hockey during the winter, also watch a fair bit of hockey, take my dog for walks/hikes pretty much everyday for at least an hour, like to go camping on occasion.. we've been doing renos to our house for a couple years now so that's been taking up alot of time and energy but we're on the last room now then the whole place is DONE lol can't wait.  We have quite a few shows and animes that we like as well but we have a multi tv setup in the living room so we can play games and stream stuff at the same time :D 

• Like 1