Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut officially announced

bmg_ps

I guess it's a good job I hadn't got around to purchasing the standard edition of Ghost yet. I've just looked at the upgrade options and i'm guessing it's going to cost £9.99 to upgrade it from PS4 to PS5 but I might just actually wait till I get a PS5 and buy it then actually.

9 minutes ago, kaltezhan said:

Waiting to see if Death Stranding will also get a price tag to upgrade. If so, I hope this Director's Cut trend dies on a cliff of spiky poisonous radioactive sharp rocks before it even takes flight. They could've easily made this a single digital DLC for both PS4 n' 5, offering everything AND the PS5 upgrade, and just re-release the PS5 physical edition additionaly.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this game and would glady pay for DLC, but I still just own a PS4, and if I want to access the PS5 goodies in the future, I'd have to dump cash on the game for a third time. This PS4 Standard Edition to PS4 DC to PS5 DC shenanigan is just no.

100% agree with you. 

Could have just done free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, then if you want the expansion/DLC, pay $20/£16, exactly like what FF7 Remake did. That was a fair price for the amount of content

But charging for upgrades on top of charging for upgrades, sorry but no.

• Like 3

Pretty excited for this Iki expansion! Still have yet to do a NG+ run in Tsushima, so now's the time I guess.

A $20 USD updrade to the director's cut is reasonable, given the fact that the new expansion adds a new region to explore + new missions. The $10 USD upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is a bit rough. This is probably because the PS5 version of the DC will retail at $10 more than the PS4 version (so people won't buy the PS4 version of DC and get a free upgrade to PS5, skipping the PS5 version's price hike), but the fact that an updated version of a PS4 game is retailing at $70 USD is kinda a problem in and of itself.

• Like 3

Definitely excited for more GoT. The main game was great, and I found the Legends DLC to be incredible. But, is anyone else frustrated with the PS4 and PS5 trophy list incompatibles?

I always go for 100% game completion (yes, I know that's a personal problem), but I miss the PS3/PS4/Vita shared lists from last gen. The Iki Island expansion is going to add trophies to the PS4 version. Even if the trophies auto-pop when you upgrade to the PS5, you'll still be missing the Iki Island trophies from the PS4 list. The alternative is to miss out on the PS5 features and just play the new DLC on the PS4.

Not the end of the world, but I just find the PS4 to PS5 transition to be quite messy with regards to trophies.

• Like 1

I really don't get why people are upset over them asking for money for the expansion. They already gave us the free mp mode, which was fantastic. Obviously a lot of games got free upgrades to a ps5 version, but those were 1:1 updates in most cases. 

Personally, I don't mind supporting a dev like SP.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I never have and never will pay $20 for dlc. 

These bullshit director's cuts need to die immediately. 

$10 to upgrade when almost every other game does it for free? Total bullshit. They really expect early adopters to have paid $90 to get the full version on PS5 : (

The PS5 version is 70 USD or if a person has the old PS4 game the PS5 version of the Director's Cut is 30 USD to upgrade.

You're talking as if all Director's Cuts are the exact same. It is just a title that is pretty meaningless. This version has an expansion, not all Director's Cuts come with new DLC. Some do. It isn't something for you or I to create personal rules that every company has to follow tho.

3 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Guess I should stop waiting and just buy this version. Glad I waited, cause this is a real slap in the face to day 1 buyers.

20 bucks for new DLC.

What a slap...

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smithylfc2008 said:

$9.99 upgrade from Directors Cut PS4 to PS5

$19.99 upgrade from Original PS4 to Directors PS4

$29.99 upgrade from Original PS4 to Directors PS5......

I'm a little confused, do we know how much it would cost just to get the DLC for the PS4 version?

Why not just release the DLC for an X price tag or a complete version and offer the free PS5 upgrade like everyone else instead of these convoluted upgrade methods, I didn't buy the hype so I might get around playing this in a obscure distante future.

edit: oof that DLC price is pretty salty.

Burritoprime.png

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I'm a little confused, do we know how much it would cost just to get the DLC for the PS4 version?

Yes, it's $19.99. The DLC is included with the Directors PS4/PS5 version. So, if you own the game on PS4 and just want the DLC, you'll need to pay the $19.99.

8 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

No, the $9.99 upgrade fee.

There are various fees. 
If you have the PS4 game then it is 20 bucks to get the DC on PS4.

If you have the PS4 game then it is 30 bucks to get the DC on PS5

Neither look to be slaps in the face for "early adopters". 

• Like 1