Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut officially announced

bmg_ps

16 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I never have and never will pay $20 for dlc. 

These bullshit director's cuts need to die immediately. 

$10 to upgrade when almost every other game does it for free? Total bullshit. They really expect early adopters to have paid $90 to get the full version on PS5 : (

Maybe I’m in the minority but I think the pricing is fair considering their DLC practice so far. We have only had an $11 Deluxe Edition upgrade and a free Legends mode. No Season Pass or nickel and diming. I wouldn’t count deluxe edition as paid DLC (a lot of games have D.E.’s) so this would be the first paid DLC and it’s a big one. Now if they keep adding more paid DLC we’ll have a different conversation. $20 for a DLC expansion then $10 more if you want the full experience on PS5 also doesn’t seem unfair. IMO

• Like 1

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

There are various fees. 
If you have the PS4 game then it is 20 bucks to get the DC on PS4.

If you have the PS4 game then it is 30 bucks to get the DC on PS5

Neither look to be slaps in the face for "early adopters". 

Maybe it's your opinion, but the facts are pretty clear, most AAA is offering upgrades for free. Let this sink in, EA is offering next-gen upgrades for free, and Sony is not.

People complaining about the DLC are wrong tho, that we can agree on.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, smithylfc2008 said:

100% agree with you. 

Could have just done free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, then if you want the expansion/DLC, pay $20/£16, exactly like what FF7 Remake did. That was a fair price for the amount of content

But charging for upgrades on top of charging for upgrades, sorry but no.

You both swung and hit a home run with your comments. It’s ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Maybe it's your opinion, but the facts are pretty clear, most AAA is offering upgrades for free. Let this sink in, EA is offering next-gen upgrades for free, and Sony is not.

I didn't offer my opinion.

You're the one acting offended and treating these facts as personal attacks.

Also, if you need to say " "most" does X" then you prove that "X" isn't done the same way by everone. So you shouldn't expect "X" to be done the same way all the time. Logically speaking.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

The fact that you cannot buy the DLC alone without the need for purchasing the DC first (which is for the most part the same game I already own) is concerning, both for Sony's practices and for the dlc itself being very short and not completely worth to stand on its own to be charged a price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, emptyshelf said:

Yes, it's $19.99. The DLC is included with the Directors PS4/PS5 version. So, if you own the game on PS4 and just want the DLC, you'll need to pay the $19.99.

This seems a little odd. I suppose if it's a good length expansion, like 16-18, hours then it's fine.

Aw, I've just remembered that I un-installed GOT after playing enough Legends Mode.

Edited by bikeman223

40 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't offer my opinion.

You're the one acting offended and treating these facts as personal attacks.

Also, if you need to say " "most" does X" then you prove that "X" isn't done the same way by everone. So you shouldn't expect "X" to be done the same way all the time. Logically speaking.

Logically speaking, if your in a competitive market and competitors are doing things that make customers happy, it makes sense for other businesses to follow suit. Otherwise, you risk looking behind the times. There are benefits to doing things differently when they work out.

And yes, you did offer an opinion "this is not a slap in the face." Clearly, it's my opinion that it is.

I haven't even bought the game so I am incapable of feeling offended, if anything I'm just happy I waited because it is a bad upgrade policy. For comparison sake, look at FF7R. It also had a $20 dollar DLC, which was quite fair, but offered a free upgrade to PS5 players. Sony is making a bad move.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cerber108 said:

Ok, so if I want to play base and dlc on PS4 first, and then all of it again on PS5, then I am screwed. Why the hell they like complicating things that much. I'll probably buy DC on PS4, but won't upgrade it.

??? You CAN do that. It will just cost $10 to upgrade your PS4 director's cut to a PS5 director's cut.

Yeah I would rather just pay a lower price for the DLC part, but eh. I never did a New Game Plus run, so this is a good opportunity to do it. The Japanese lip-sync is a nice bonus.

However I'm a stingy Canadian and I must stay true to my "wait for sales" oath.

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Logically speaking, if you in a competitive market and competitors are doing things that make customers happy, it makes sense for other businesses to follow suit. Otherwise, you risk looking behind the times. There are benefits to doing things differently when they work out.

And yes, you did offer an opinion "this is not a slap in the face." Clearly, it's my opinion that it is.

I haven't even bought the game so I am incapable of feeling offended, if anything I'm just happy I waited because it is a bad upgrade policy. For comparison sake, look at FF7R. It also had a $20 dollar DLC, which was quite fair, but offered a free upgrade to PS5 players. Sony is making a bad move.

Logically speaking, a company should do what works for that company. That doesn't automatically mean following what other companies are doing. It is a case-by-case matter not a sweeping generalization to how all plans will go. 

I haven't seen "happy customer" count on any finicial report. It is a nice idea that looks pretty on social media. Another good thing to keep in mind is that having "happy customers" doesn't mean YOU will be happy with everything that happens all the time. So making everyone "happy" is an unobtainable goal.

Me saying that your opinion is an opinion is not an opinion.

The words you used to express yourself come across as being offended. You even used hyperbole for the post. So please stop twisting things around.

Sony isn't SE nor are they EA. They aren't obligated to make and sell games with the same plans. You are not being reasonable. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

So basically, this is like a complete edition / game of the year edition? 

I haven't bought the original game yet, so if I buy this I will get original game plus dlc? 

Sorry for the question but this director's cut thing isn't very clear. 

It's like the GOTY/Complete editions vs base edition akin to The Witcher 3.

Just now, LazyJournalist said:

Also wondering, will this DLC be available for original PS4 GoT and not only for DC version

No as of today's announcement, you need to first buy the Director's Cut which costs $20 and comes bundled with the Iki expansion. You can't only buy the expansion.

56 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Disappointed it doesn’t appear to be a standalone expansion. Would have preferred that to have been the case…oh well! 

I'm right there with you.  Was hoping for a Miles Morales-like release.  Bundle with the original game, but stands on it's own.  As I'm still holding on to my 100%, 30 hours of co-op/online mode sounds a bit daunting.  Though, I thought I heard somewhere they are adding to the Legends DLC, maybe that will make it not as much of a grind.

7 minutes ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

It's like the GOTY/Complete editions vs base edition akin to The Witcher 3.

No as of today's announcement, you need to first buy the Director's Cut which costs $20 and comes bundled with the Iki expansion. You can't only buy the expansion.

In that case, I hope they won't add Iki island DLC trophies in a base game trophy list. I guess, that would be fair enough.

all i need to know is how to keep my 100% for the ps4.  The game looked great and played great on the ps4 pro don't need to upgrade and buy the game again.  Just want my 100%. Getting to be a trend having to pay unexpected money to keep a 100% which is teaching me to buy games several years after release for cheap.  I didn't have a big backlog of games until recently so i think this will be a the trend for me going forward.  

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

20 bucks for new DLC.

What a slap...

Outrageous. What do they think this is, Conan Exiles?

30 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Can anyone please give their thoughts on how this game runs on the base/vanilla PS4?

Runs like a dream on my PS4 slim.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1