Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut officially announced

bmg_ps

2 hours ago, smithylfc2008 said:

And this is the issue. Free upgrades have been (for the most part), the norm. I can only think of Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster off the top of my head that charged you to upgrade, as you needed the deluxe version, but it you already owned that version, it was free. (feel free to correct me with other games that have charged for upgrading).

I have no issue paying $20/£16 for the expansion. I just did that with FF7 Remake Integrade and the Yuffie DLC. A sizeable piece of extra content, well worth the money.

Sucker Punch have absolutely nailed the added content for GoT post launch...... This is their first misstep in my opinion, and I am obviously not alone reading this forum

I am going to assume it's a misstep from Sony and not Sucker Punch. They're a Sony studio, right? So I'm sure the pricing is out of Sucker Punch's control.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm mistaken, I don't have a PS5 yet, but couldn't you just play the PS4 disc of this game in the PS5 and not pay for an upgrade?

I had a friend that I played legends with and I'm pretty sure he had a PS5.

Edited by JaneAusten69

8 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Sorry if I'm mistaken, I don't have a PS5 yet, but couldn't you just play the PS4 disc of this game in the PS5 and not pay for an upgrade?

I had a friend that I played legends with and I'm pretty sure he had a PS5.

Yes, but it would just be the PS4 version of the game. They're charging an upgrade fee ($9.99) to play the next-gen version.

• Like 1

interested to see what the "4k resolution options" actually means as Sony marketing for 4k could mean that a game is 480p upscaled to 4k and that's 4k by them, def wait for DigitalFoundry video to see if I'll buy it, if it's the same tired ps4pro 1800p checkerboard upscaled to 4K that the game runs in BC on PS5 then no buy from me

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I am going to assume it's a misstep from Sony and not Sucker Punch. They're a Sony studio, right? So I'm sure the pricing is out of Sucker Punch's control.

This. I do not believe Sucker Punch has any say on this. Sony is the one that may decide pricing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yes, but it would just be the PS4 version of the game. They're charging an upgrade fee ($9.99) to play the next-gen version.

Thanks for confirming.  I really don't get the fuss about this then.

It cost money for them to add those improvements and $9.99 just doesn't seem that over the top.  I remember in the early 90's when they made the SNES, you had to re-buy those games that you already had on NES if you wanted the better graphics.  The $9.99 is essentially covering the price difference between PS4 and PS5 games. 

I personally loved this game and am happy to support the dev especially since they added new game plus and legends DLCs for free.  If you don't think it's worth it, then you probably wouldn't want to play the game again anyways, right?

On 02/07/2021 at 0:12 AM, steel6burgh said:

wow really you fell for that dude?  They released this DLC within about a month or two of the game coming out.  It wasn't free it was part of the game.  It was planned to be included from the beginning.  What you think sucker punch said wow they really liked our game and threw together a raid and  a bunch of co-op stories together really quick  and gave them away like  bunch of non-profiteering good christians?  I'm not complaining about paying for their money grab which is what it is i'm simply saying i personally don't need to upgrade the game for money it was good enough visuals and bang for the buck as it was.  I thinks you're sucker for marketing schemes.  Sure they looked really great at the beginning but they are going for the cash grab just like everyone else in the end. 

If you want to think that, then that's up to you. I'm a developer myself, I know that Legends was in development long before the game was even close to being finished. But the fact is that this is a single player game that was well worth the money without the multiplayer. The fact that they added that, if it was supposed to be part of the game at launch or not, is still a good thing in my book especially because they do not try to take advantage of the players by throwing in all kinds of microtransactions like any other game that adds a multiplayer does. So no, I did not fall for the marketing scheme, I think Sucker Punch made a great game and added a great multiplayer with no strings attached on top of that that gave me so many extra hours of fun after I had already put away the game. 

If you don't think the expansion is worth it that is totally up to you and you should just wait for a sale not not get it at all, but you're too entitled if you think that giving it away for free or cheap is something they should have done. It's a company, they have to earn money to survive, and they should be paid fair for the work they put in. I have a LOT of problems with the current game industry and how lazy companies get in raking in the cash, but Sucker Punch is not one of them (yet).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adilya said:

If you want to think that, then that's up to you. I'm a developer myself, I know that Legends was in development long before the game was even close to being finished. But the fact is that this is a single player game that was well worth the money without the multiplayer. The fact that they added that, if it was supposed to be part of the game at launch or not, is still a good thing in my book especially because they do not try to take advantage of the players by throwing in all kinds of microtransactions like any other game that adds a multiplayer does. So no, I did not fall for the marketing scheme, I think Sucker Punch made a great game and added a great multiplayer with no strings attached on top of that that gave me so many extra hours of fun after I had already put away the game. 

If you don't think the expansion is worth it that is totally up to you and you should just wait for a sale not not get it at all, but you're too entitled if you think that giving it away for free or cheap is something they should have done. It's a company, they have to earn money to survive, and they should be paid fair for the work they put in. I have a LOT of problems with the current game industry and how lazy companies get in raking in the cash, but Sucker Punch is not one of them (yet).

This.

Of course they were working on Legends before the game came out, but honestly with how successful the game was at launch they could have just scrapped it.  Or release it as a paid DLC.  They didn't do that, which I thought was a really cool move.  I loved legends and think it actually would have been worth being a $15-$20 DLC for the hours of play I got out of it.  I'll gladly pay that for this new DLC.  Even if you want to be cynical and say that they released Legends as free so that they could then charge more for this Director's Cut, it was a smart marketing move. 

Wish more developers were like SP.

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FocusDR said:

Okay sorry for the silly question but does this mean a new trophy list for PS4 and also a free upgrade to the ps5 which has a separate trophy list too? 
I don’t understand how it works the same for Life is Strange True colours 

I think it's going to be a new DLC trophy list added to the current PS4 list and a new PS5 list.  Don't think anything has been confirmed for sure though.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:08 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

I think it's going to be a new DLC trophy list added to the current PS4 list and a new PS5 list.  Don't think anything has been confirmed for sure though.

The preorder shows up as an add on to the regular game and not a seperate game, so it's almost guaranteed that it's just an add on dlc list to the original list.

• Like 1