One and Only on Insanity Difficulty

So I've been playing through ME3 on Insanity Difficulty, and honestly have found it to be fairly easy, until now. I can't even break the 6000 points in a match to get a gold token and be able to buy the Mirror Match Combat Set to even try for it. This very concept of an arena that forces you to rush to get killstreaks just goes against how I've played the rest of the game.

If I make a manual save here, then lowered my difficulty level and did the arena stuff get that trophy and reload that save made before changed the difficulty, would that stop me from getting Insanity III in the Legendary Edition list?

If not, is there any other tips for getting this on Insanity?

Personally I played the whole Trilogy as Soldier class. For this particular trophy on Insanity; I used M-11 Suppressor pistol with Adrenaline Rush ability to take down enemies quickly.

I’d suggest you to complete ME3 campaign first to unlock Insanity trophy and then come back for this trophy immediately after

Edited by Viscera1900
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Viscera1900 said:

Personally I played the whole Trilogy as Soldier class. For this particular trophy on Insanity; I used M-11 Suppressor pistol with Adrenaline Rush ability to take down enemies quickly.

I’d suggest you to complete ME3 campaign first to unlock Insanity trophy and then come back for this trophy immediately after

This is very good advice. Agree 100%. It won't spoil your platinum pop if you were wanting to get it when you beat the game. You have to do a NG+ and play for almost 2 hours to get the last trophy.

I recommend doing this after beating the game if you are on your Insanity run. Also, if you want you can lower the difficulty to the lowest setting and then during round 3 with only one enemy left change the difficulty to at least normal.

I did this on normal on the PS3 and it was incredibly challenging so I took the easy way out on the Legendary Edition this time around. Besides I found the arena to be incredibly boring. 

Oh and to get to 6,000 use your Silver tokens to unlock modifiers like increased shields for enemies, no ammo pickups, etc. to boost your scores.

Hi all!!

Just for the records and your information.

I created a separated save file to lower the level for this specific trophy. Once completed, I just reloaded my previous game on insanity and it doesn't void the Insanity trophy from the separate list.

Just finished the 3rd game and I just have to upgrade a weapon to lvl 10 to platinum.

I loved this trilogy!!

Edited by Canario1988

I did it during my Insanity playthrough and cheesed it a bit tbh xD

I had Garrus with the "ascends to godhood" build. He just destroyed everything super quickly while I was sitting behind cover, using Throw (I played a Sentinel) on cooldown.

Also had James with me, gave him a Typhoon, too.

These two were unstoppable, so if you remember to buy stronger enemies and at least a handicap, it should be easy enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 9:10 PM, Pachimelli said:

I had Garrus with the "ascends to godhood" build. He just destroyed everything super quickly while I was sitting behind cover, using Throw (I played a Sentinel) on cooldown.

These two were unstoppable, so if you remember to buy stronger enemies and at least a handicap, it should be easy enough.

Wondered of the godhood build would carry this for me. Now I won't have to come back to it at least. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 7:29 PM, BacklogGamer964 said:

So I've been playing through ME3 on Insanity Difficulty, and honestly have found it to be fairly easy, until now. I can't even break the 6000 points in a match to get a gold token and be able to buy the Mirror Match Combat Set to even try for it. This very concept of an arena that forces you to rush to get killstreaks just goes against how I've played the rest of the game.

If I make a manual save here, then lowered my difficulty level and did the arena stuff get that trophy and reload that save made before changed the difficulty, would that stop me from getting Insanity III in the Legendary Edition list?

If not, is there any other tips for getting this on Insanity?

When I did this on the PS3, I unlocked the main game stuff first before going for the DLC. I assume it would be okay to make a separate save just for the Arena stuff if you want to do it before unlocking the Insanity trophy, but if you do, make sure to get a separate save on Cloud/USB to prevent accidental overwrite.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, Pachimelli said:

This was the idea I was thinking of going with.  Good to know it works.  I'm an Infiltrator though so I'm going to use the M11 Surpressor to assist them lol.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, Canario1988 said:

Hi all!!

Just for the records and your information.

I created a separated save file to lower the level for this specific trophy. Once completed, I just reloaded my previous game on insanity and it doesn't void the Insanity trophy from the separate list.

Just finished the 3rd game and I just have to upgrade a weapon to lvl 10 to platinum.

I loved this trilogy!!

Just wanted to bump this and mention the above did NOT work. I made a backup save with Insanity before going into the arena and uploaded to PS+. Then I went into the arena and lowered the difficulty to get the One and Only trophy. Once that popped, I deleted my console save and downloaded the save with Insanity. Beat the game and Insanity 3 did not pop. 

It is safer to not touch the difficulty till after you beat the game/popped Insanity 3. Then go do the One and Only.

• 2 months later...

I did it on Insanity and it wasn't too bad once I figured out that fighting stronger opponents yielded so many points that I consistently broke the scoreboard every round (9999+) without rushing or really trying. I couldn't crack 6,000 points if my life depended on it, but I bought the stronger opponents and suddenly points flew at me. Also, the bonus points are great if you do have a kill streak built up. This was without any multipliers activated. Took about an hour.

For the record, I played a level 58 Vanguard Shepard. Garrus and Ashley with me, both with Typhoons. Regardless, I still did most of the killing by playing semi-aggressive with a lot of combo attacks (incendiary ammo plus biotic charge)