PS3 4.88 Update Error [8002f82b] ?

PostalDudeRus

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Don't forget the Update has to be placed in a folder called UPDATE, that's in another folder called PS3 (both folders both have the titles in all Caps), else the console won't see it :).

Just now, PostalDudeRus said:

Nah, link is broken for me, looks like it's my ISP fault, asking friend to download it for me...

It works for me ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Don't forget the Update has to be placed in a folder called UPDATE, that's in another folder called PS3 (both folders both have the titles in all Caps), else the console won't see it :).

Hah ninja'd. Just updated the first post, thanks :). 

6 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

It leads nowhere for me, but It works on my smartphone 4G connection. Damn ROSKOMNADZOR messing around with Internet.

Sounds like "Russian Commando" :D. 

ROSKOMNADZOR - Russian federal executive agency responsible for monitoring, controlling and censoring Russian mass media. Its areas of responsibility include electronic media, mass communications, information technology and telecommunications, supervising compliance with the law, protecting the confidentiality of personal data being processed, and organizing the work of the radio-frequency service.

O_o

Edited by Smashero

Just now, HuntingFever said:

You don't see this pop-up then?:

FwdCrEm.png

Nah, it just keeps loading forever. Like I said about ROSKOMNADZOR, they are blocking sometimes Amazon domain names and IP's which leads to problems with connection to popular services like PSN and many other. Last year we had problem, 2 weeks PSN wasn't available for Russian users. I use one ISP on my home internet connection (which PS3 shares) and different ISP for smartphone, it works on my phone like it should, but PS3 or PC just can't reach that file.

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Sounds like "Russian Commando" :D. 

Yeah, one huge commando trying to censor everything that isn't "right" by their standards.

Just now, Smashero said:

I uploaded it here:

https://a.tmp.ninja/NmEOSvbo.PUP

Thanks! Just done updating, thanks everyone for help, guys.

15 minutes ago, Smashero said:

ROSKOMNADZOR - Russian federal executive agency responsible for monitoring, controlling and censoring Russian mass media. Its areas of responsibility include electronic media, mass communications, information technology and telecommunications, supervising compliance with the law, protecting the confidentiality of personal data being processed, and organizing the work of the radio-frequency service.

O_o

tenor.gif?itemid=8267019

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

It leads nowhere for me, but It works on my smartphone 4G connection. Damn ROSKOMNADZOR messing around with Internet.

If your smartphone data plan has enough volume you could always try to set-up a wifi hotspot on your smartphone and then connect the PS3 to that wifi-hotspot to download the update.

I wouldn't recommend it for actual online gaming (lag problems) but for the update it should work fine.

I often use a phone wifi hotspot with my laptop if I'm somewhere without trusted wifi.

But for now you're good to go it seems :)