Playstation trophies birthday

snakebit10

13 years ago today trophies were added to Playstation 3. 

How many of you started going for trophies on that day? If you didn't start then when did you start?

I didn't start until 2010 shortly after I got my PS3 in February of 2010. First platinum was Godfather II on May 11, 2010.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 4

I Got my first trophy on the 25th of July, 2015, presumably I believe the day I got my PS4 console (had done some achievement hunting previously on my 360 I believe)

And my first platinum was Rocket League on the 25th of February, 2016.

Edited by Pieroluc

I picked up a PS3 in preparation for Final Fantasy XIII about a week before it came out, but waited to play FFXIII specifically. I had to work on release day so I picked it up and had the next day off so that's when I got my first trophy in 2010.

I had about a 40-50% completion rate for a good long while, so I can't say if I really ever started going for trophies. I still pick games that I think I'll enjoy first and only look at the trophies if I'm enjoying myself, and after my first blind playthrough if applicable. 

2013 is when I decided to go for my first plat, Assassin's Creed 2. I didn't really care about trophies before that, but thought I'd give it a go after getting 1000/1000 Gamerscore in Batman Arkham Asylum on 360 (still kinda regret not getting that on PS3 and getting the plat there instead). Soon after that, I was hooked on earning platinums for a bit. It's mellowed out now, but I still go for plats in games I enjoy enough to. There's quite a few games I would like to get the platinum for, but I either find them too hard/frustrating, or just don't feel it's worth the time commitment, such as having to play through a JRPG more than once most of the time.

My first real trophy was from Final Fantasy 13, sometime in july 2010 (it was a birthday present for my brother, and the first PS3 game we had). Back then I didn't care much about trophies, I didn't even have a PSN account, mainly because our internet was shit and online games were impossible to play. After 3 years our fat PS3 died, so we had to buy a new one. I was playing Kingdom Hearts at the time and I wanted to keep my saves to finish the game. (luckily we could export important saves on a flash drive) With the new PS3 I also made a PSN account. After loading my safe files from KH to the new PS3 and playing a bit, I earned my 'first' trophy that got tracked by the network and shows on my profile. It's a trophy you get halfway through the game usually :D All my other trophies are still on the old PS3 including the first few KH trophies, but I doubt I will ever sync them, if the console even still works at all. I replayed a few of the games I played between 2010 and 2013 though, like Final Fantasy 13 or Skyrim.
Trophies got interesting for me once I earned my first platinum from Final Fantasy 15, which was pretty easy, no guide needed at all. After that I just decided to try to get the platinum in every game I play. ✌️

I remember getting my PS3 bundled with Street Fighter 4, Uncharted, and a sports game. I believe it was 2009 when I unlocked my first trophy with SF4 as I was also playing Uncharted but at the time it didn't have trophies patched in and I didn't have internet access. Of course I did ended up getting internet, making my first account (diiferent username) and as a result those SF4 trophies were without a timestamp.

I remember those fond innocent days where I couldn't believe I was playing with other people online that I would just end up random message everyone I met with hi or how are you? I would get some replies with a hi back, good and you or gg, at that time I thought gg meant gotta go... :blush:

I started a few months late on Oct. 26th 2008. My first trophy/plat was of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I had already done all the in-game medals (which became the trophy list) prior to that so I had the completionist mindset way before trophies, it wasn't hard for me to get into it. xD 

• Like 1

Before I had this account, I had one I made in, I wanna say early high school years? (Don't wanna talk about my crappy username. ?) But after that, I created this account where I got my first trophy on the PS3 in Tales of Graces f on April 9th 2017. I was playing games a lot after that but didn't really care about trophies that much until my best friend got me Horizon Zero Dawn for, I wanna say Christmas? She helped me get the platinum for it on February 28th 2018 and I felt the utter satisfaction of that platinum popping. Thanks for converting me, @KazaneHime! ?

• Like 2

Got my PS3 in February of 2009 although I didn’t earn my first trophy until April of that year. First couple months I only played MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles, neither of which had trophies. I distinctly recall the VC demo being the first piece of digital content I ever downloaded off the store. First trophy was in Flower.

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

13 years ago today trophies were added to Playstation 3. 

How many of you started going for trophies on that day? If you didn't start then when did you start?

I didn't start until 2010 shortly after I got my PS3 in February of 2010. First platinum was Godfather II on May 11, 2010.

I also got my PS3 in February 2010.  My first Platinum was Modern Warfare 2 on October 6, 2010.

I started the generation on 360 and did most of my gaming on PC. I didn't get a PS3 until late 2013. I picked up a Last of Us bundle. It doesn't snow much where I live, but when it came time to get my PS3 we got hit with a fairly heavy snow. I wasn't driving at the time and literally had to walk through a snow storm pick it up from Gamestop before my hold on it. ran out.

Anyway, since I got a Last of Us bundle my first trophy ended up being the craft every item trophy from that game. My first platinum was from the Deadly Premonition Director's cut.

I got my playstation around this time but i was playing games like R&C which didnt have trophies (and still doesnt Sony).

I remember playing Crack in Time and Bioshock and being confused at the stupid notifications that kept popping up. I would look through the menus to see what cheat code I unlocked ?

• Like 1

Hmmm interesting... I didn't start exactly today, but my first trophy was Recycler for Resistance 2, popped on Nov 26th 2008! Man what a journey it has been over the years!

Oh yeah and first plat was for Batman: Arkham Asylum several months later. 

Edited by Joe Dubz

My first trophy was in 2010 but my first plat was in 2012 which was sleeping dogs. 

I want my 10th year plat (exact date as well) to be sleeping dogs def edition and it to be my 200th plat which would be cool. I would after go some to make that milestone tho. 

I didnt like/understand trophies at first but oh my god how they can drag you in once you get started

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

If you didn't start then when did you start?

I was busy playing competitive Unreal Tournament III at the time, so my first trophy wasn't until August 15th 2008.

• Like 1

My first was from Uncharted on August 15th 2008. It was one of the first games to feature trophies, I remember trying to get all the trophies but never managed to get the plat because I rented it from hollywood video and had to return it.

My first was from God of War HD on Oct. 29, 2010 (1.21 Gigawats).  I didn't decide to hunt for trophies until a couple of years later when I got a few platinums and decided then that if the game was enjoyable and the trophies not too much of a pain in the rear end, that I would get them and enjoy it.  The only exception to that rule was my platinum for Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered.  That one was a huge pain in the butt and an incredible grind which I'm not too keen on repeating any time soon.

Happy Birthday, trophies. Sorry Sony ruined you before you could even hit your teens. Hopefully you won't go into the adult film industry or become a serial killer. 

Well, I got some trophies 2008 in December, as I didn't get my PS3 until Christmas. I'm glad I was able to at least get some in the original year!

I too got my PS3 for Christmas 2008. Didn't start getting trophies til much later though, because for the longest time all I played was Guitar Hero 3 & Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online. Put an obscene amount of time into those two.

• Like 2