Playstation trophies birthday

snakebit10

After graduating in November 2008 I got the PS3 with Motorstorm Pacific Rift and LittleBigPlanet. I had to play LBP. Unfortunately those first Trophies have missing timestamps, but probably the 5th of November (Remember, remember the 5th of November!)

17L82b729.png

The 2x multiplier must be the first one I unlocked.

The first Platinum Trophy? A flashback that takes me back to Paradise City (April 2009).

1L526548.png

I remember being really excited for trophies.  Back in the day I had to make the most out of my video games as I didn't get too many outside of my birthday or Christmas. The advent of trophies just gave me a reason to play them for all they were worth to try and get the platinum. 

Sadly, my internet was not stable so many of my old trophies have no official timestamp so according to the site Dec 26th, 2008 I got my first trophy in Bioshock - Toaster in the Tub. While this was definitely one of the first games I remember playing with trophies, I can't say it was the first one definitively. Ah well, at least the site picked Dragon Age Origins as my first platinum (it has no timestamp) and seeing as it was one of my all time favorites, that's a-okay with me.

Like others have said, still waiting on some games to get the trophy patch they are long overdue for. Like TESIV Oblivion or some Ratchet and Clank games. A pipe dream I know but still want them...

Hmm maybe for this Dec 26th I'll play Bioshock Remastered and unlock the same trophy 13 years later.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Happy Birthday, trophies. Sorry Sony ruined you before you could even hit your teens. Hopefully you won't go into the adult film industry or become a serial killer. 

Post of the year ??

Very inaccurate tho. I mean, breakthrough arcade currently only takes up 3 of the 10 most popular games ?

Edited by dannyswfc9

Happy 13th Birthday PlayStation Trophies! You're now officially a teenager. Thank you for all your creative applications, inspiring gameplay oportunities, advanced skill training, and infinite happiness that you've brought to millions of PlayStation gamers like myself. We've gotten so much more enjoyment and play-time out of all of our beloved PlayStation games then we ever thought possible before you. I was there at your birth, and I'll be there for the rest of your life. Long live PlayStation Trophies! ?

First-PSN-Trophy.jpg

Edited by dmm121182
  • Like 3

This is crazy, I was still in school, had my ps3 for awhile but not so many trophy games until I finally got Internet around 2009-2010 somewhere and a whole bunch of games all synced,

I'd have to look what they were though I don't know how some of you remember things so well lol,

Edit: looks like it was a whole bunch of fallout 3 trophies first.

Edited by x7eight

Happy birthday PS Trophies! I got my PS3 in January 2014 & my first plat was in May I believe of the same year, but I'm not really sure, 'cos I didn't have the internet back then. I didn't become a serious trophy hunter until the May of 2017.  My first plat was Platinum Trophy for The Godfather II:

1L6b3076.png

Ugly trophy & a really disappointing game when I think about it, but whatcha gonna do...

Edited by kenseizenkai

According to my PSN Profile, my first trophy is dated 25th Dec, 2009. It's for the game Mushroom Wars. That was over 12 years go. Man, how time flies.

I'm so sorry that my PS3 is no longer working, I think I would still be playing that console.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, willmill97 said:

I got my first trophy (and later platinum) on WWE Legends of Wrestlemania in 2009 at the ripe old age of 11! 

Happy Birthday trophies, I fucking h̶a̶t̶e̶ love you.

How cool to start at such a young age, I’m jealous! 

How I would love to go back to 2008 and be 20 years old again. Of course, this was right during the Housing Crisis and just before the Financial Crash happened in October 2008. But.... I had far less responsibilities.

My body could take a lot of abuse. Now at 33 years old (which I turned 33 yesterday) I have to watch my blood sugar, eat a healthy diet, scale back on hard physical work. At 20 years old I was taking college classes, then when I finished my studies I could go to the nearest McDonalds and eat two Quarter Pounders. Can't do that anymore.

Enjoy your youth guys, because it will not last forever.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

How I would love to go back to 2008 and be 20 years old again. Of course, this was right during the Housing Crisis and just before the Financial Crash happened in October 2008. But.... I had far less responsibilities.

My body could take a lot of abuse. Now at 33 years old (which I turned 33 yesterday) I have to watch my blood sugar, eat a healthy diet, scale back on hard physical work. At 20 years old I was taking college classes, then when I finished my studies I could go to the nearest McDonalds and eat two Quarter Pounders. Can't do that anymore.

Enjoy your youth guys, because it will not last forever.

Amen Brother!

And Happy Birthday!

Edited by Paperclip1776