How to start the dlc

oeht95

Can someone help me confirm how to start the DLC.

I have completed the game twice but my last story auto-save isn't on a complete save path. I therefore tried to load a save from my completed game and try that but I couldn't find any letter at the camp, which I understand should start the DLC quest.

I therefore loaded a save from just before the point of no return to trigger a story auto-save from my completed path but that story auto-save was past the point of no return, so I couldn't visit any camps.

Can someone confirm if it has to be a story auto-save a load and if so exactly what I should do.

I am trying to do this on the PS4 version of the game on my PS5, it downloaded both the PS5 and PS4 versions of the DLC when I bought it so I don't think that is the issue.

Any advise appreciated.

• Like 1

That doesn't really answer my question.

The main menu and the online pages I found say the DLC can be played on a save file with the game completed, by loading the final story auto-save and heading a to a camp.

I want to know if it has to be the final story auto-save as that seems to be beyond the point of no return when I've tried doing that

Anyone who has managed to play the DLC from a complete save file should be able to answer the question. 

I assumed you just could load any save after the two quests you mentioned had been unlocked so I could use my saves my my complete file but I cant see to find any letter in the camps between areas.

Unless when you say any camp you don't mean the camps between map areas?

40 minutes ago, oeht95 said:

That doesn't really answer my question.

The main menu and the online pages I found say the DLC can be played on a save file with the game completed, by loading the final story auto-save and heading a to a camp.

I want to know if it has to be the final story auto-save as that seems to be beyond the point of no return when I've tried doing that

Anyone who has managed to play the DLC from a complete save file should be able to answer the question. 

I assumed you just could load any save after the two quests you mentioned had been unlocked so I could use my saves my my complete file but I cant see to find any letter in the camps between areas.

Unless when you say any camp you don't mean the camps between map areas?

I just checked how to access it, the last auto-save (2 of them actually) didn’t let me access it I had to load a manual save ( my last one ) before the point of no return previous ones work as long as you completed the quests the other person mentioned, ( the only thing I can’t tell is the mission after ON THE HIGH KING TRAIL OR A NEW HIGH KING )after you complete the story doesn’t work, you will find a letter in your camp NOT the traveling one and you just follow the quest!

ps: the reason I can’t tell is cause my saves are after a new high king but  I trust he checked it!

Edited by totakos1

Thanks yeah I realized I was being stupid. Any save after the missions in question does work from what I can tell.

I had forgotten that "camps" just meant the camps in any of the open world map areas, as it had been a while since I played the game.

I had been thinking it meant the camp in the loading screens between map areas.

• Like 2