Feichti1992

Banned for boosting

16 posts in this topic

I got banned because i was boosting the 500 rounds from deathmatch and team deathmatch. I did not receive a warning or a message why i was banned. I don´t think that bann is legal and i will contact Sony about that, because i don´t want to speak with them.

Your playststion is banned or banned from the servers?

If it is the servers there is nothing Sony can do, you will have to contact the developer.

I know a lot of games that used to reset stats if they caught you boosting. Starhawk was one that did that.

I remember seeing on a reddit post that people were complaining about boosters filling up spots in a lobby and being AFK. I guess this is the developer's way of keeping their core player base happy.

12 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Your playststion is banned or banned from the servers?

If it is the servers there is nothing Sony can do, you will have to contact the developer.

I know a lot of games that used to reset stats if they caught you boosting. Starhawk was one that did that.

from the servers. And man that is shitty.

6 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I remember seeing on a reddit post that people were complaining about boosters filling up spots in a lobby and being AFK. I guess this is the developer's way of keeping their core player base happy.

I am from Austria. At my time the lobbys are most of the time empty. You can find max. 2-3 People playing at my time and they kill bots for the leaderboard.

I Would have played the Game normally, but when the Servers are mostly empty and there are only bots to kill then i don´t have fun with that game

Posted (edited)

The people were complaining about @Messknecht boosting. People would be in matches where he was on their team and obviously it would be unfair as he'd just be spinning in a circle, rubber-band boosting. Apparently it would ruin other peoples experience with the game just for some trophies. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

Were you banned from PlayStation or banned from the game? There's a big difference.

29 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Were you banned from PlayStation or banned from the game? There's a big difference.

From the Game. I've already emailed the developers, but they don't seem to have the balls to write back. 2 weeks have already passed since that mail and i don't want to use their discord account because i don´t like discord.

Posted (edited)

@Messknecht I agree with you. The developers only have themselves to blame honestly. There are gamers who play to collect trophies (obviously) and players who game just to have some fun. The developers really should have been mindful of this and made an easier trophy list, especially for a VR title. That many matches is insane, hell, even 50 matches of each game type is a lot! 

It just sucks because you having to resort to AFK boosting did ruin a lot of peoples time, and as niche as VR is that really doesn't help anyone. When the list first came out I thought of AFK boosting but did not want to be "that guy", so to speak.

Also, banning players should be an option if you're AFK. They should add a bots mode to allow these trophies to be obtained that way, no ban had for AFK boosting there.

Edited by MikeCheck--

7 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Also, banning players should be an option if you're AFK. They should add a bots mode to allow these trophies to be obtained that way, no ban had for AFK boosting there.

I don't know if you played it, but the lobbys were empty when i boostet it. A maximum of 3-4 players were online when i was boosting and they only killed the bots. Some players only kill bots to be at the front of the leaderboard.  And even if the bots have disappeared afterwards, when more players have joined, the kills remain and the players who killed the bots will most likely win that round.

I have only seen Lobbys with bots except for certain times because the player base was so low.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:18 AM, Feichti1992 said:

From the Game. I've already emailed the developers, but they don't seem to have the balls to write back. 2 weeks have already passed since that mail and i don't want to use their discord account because i don´t like discord.

I think the devs have the right to just ignore you and not justify their actions. Have you looked at the Terms and Conditions of the game about being banned? 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:02 AM, Messknecht said:

the game was released with multiple issues and like i said before, blaming trophyhunters for ruining the experience for other players is only one point in a long list of issues players are complaining about:

spawnkillers, wallglitch users, people on the leaderboards, broken matchmaking, 12 year old fps kiddies yelling in their mic that they made a lot of love to my mother last night and the night before, parents of 12 year old kiddies yelling in the coms that the experience of their kids is ruined because they get shot in a fps, generally toxic coms, players that obviously use aimbots because they are better than me, players that are obviously noobs and should better play other games because I am better than they are, broken rank system, imba weapons, imba grenades, patched weapons, patched grenades, playerskins that are easy to spot, playerskins that are hard to spot, weaponattachments, twitch streamers, guys who dont speak on coms, guys who speak without taking breath on coms, people blowing themself up to end a round, campers, rushers, people planting the bomb, people dont plant bombs, seasoned players in squads, seasoned players in general, because obviously aimbot users, players new to the game when they are on my team, quitting a running game, empty lobbies, closed lobbies, botlobbies, etc. 

Wonderful list you got here.

Speaking of trophy hunter. If you're a trophy hunter, maybe look at the trophy list of the game first before making your purchase?

53 minutes ago, MorganAeronwen said:

I think the devs have the right to just ignore you and not justify their actions. Have you looked at the Terms and Conditions of the game about being banned?

There are no terms and conditions in that game. But i can say now. I am not banned anymore but i don´t think it is because they liftet the bann on me. More like a server reset from the last patch

1 hour ago, MorganAeronwen said:

Wonderful list you got here.

Speaking of trophy hunter. If you're a trophy hunter, maybe look at the trophy list of the game first before making your purchase?

I generally avoid grindy MP games, because I absolutely hate PvP MP. While I don't disagree with your advice (looking at this trophy list, there is no way you could pay me enough money to play it), I will say that you are letting the developer off way too easily here.

There is NO justification for putting in trophies that require 1500 MP matches. That screams 'my game will suck so hopefully this will keep the user base alive a bit longer'. The best MP lists require you to dabble in the MP, experience everything, and maybe have some skill based trophies. Mindlessly shitting out a list that just requires an enormous amount of time isn't smart. It encourages people to find work arounds that then ruin the experience for others (which I'm absolutely NOT advocating for).

Besides, this could easily have been fixed by allowing a vote/kick option for other players. Private lobbies also work really well to allow boosters to do their thing without bugging others.

Banning the player because they are too lazy to properly prevent this from happening is just as pathetic.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Feichti1992 said:

There are no terms and conditions in that game. But i can say now. I am not banned anymore but i don´t think it is because they liftet the bann on me. More like a server reset from the last patch

Good for you. Sounds like they have a bit of an oversight on their game.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, diskdocx said:

I generally avoid grindy MP games, because I absolutely hate PvP MP. While I don't disagree with your advice (looking at this trophy list, there is no way you could pay me enough money to play it), I will say that you are letting the developer off way too easily here.

There is NO justification for putting in trophies that require 1500 MP matches. That screams 'my game will suck so hopefully this will keep the user base alive a bit longer'. The best MP lists require you to dabble in the MP, experience everything, and maybe have some skill based trophies. Mindlessly shitting out a list that just requires an enormous amount of time isn't smart. It encourages people to find work arounds that then ruin the experience for others (which I'm absolutely NOT advocating for).

Besides, this could easily have been fixed by allowing a vote/kick option for other players. Private lobbies also work really well to allow boosters to do their thing without bugging others.

Banning the player because they are too lazy to properly prevent this from happening is just as pathetic.

You make good points.

Based on both of your replies, the game isn't well made. 

On 01/09/2021 at 8:09 PM, MorganAeronwen said:

this was a highly anticipated VR game as people were sick of Firewall Zero Hour, I purchased this game on release (before the trophy list had even synced to PSN) and I was horrified at the trophy list. I played with Messknecht a lot at the start of the game and can assure you that despite AFK’ing a lot, he was a very active player beforehand. 

Basically, the trophy list is stupid and the devs shouldn’t ban people for being AFK if this list is their attempt at retaining a player-base (didn’t work for me, I also scrapped my trophy guide because the game just honestly isn’t worth platinum-ing). 

I really hope the devs *do a Destiny 2*, and change the requirements of the specific trophy’s to something more reasonable.