Hoverboarding Time is great for wins

Zanreo

5 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Must just be me that really sucks at this level, haven't managed one win yet 1f605.png

What part are you struggling with? I'd never played this mode before tonight and I got the 9 wins I needed in about an hour and a half, just take your time at each obstacle and stay out of the way of other players 

9 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

What part are you struggling with? I'd never played this mode before tonight and I got the 9 wins I needed in about an hour and a half, just take your time at each obstacle and stay out of the way of other players 

The non-gravity part just before you jump back on the hover board. Always seem to hit the double moving bars and fall into the goo. Any advice re better timing to make that jump?

Edited by black__bunny

10 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

The non-gravity part just before you jump back on the hover board. Always seem to hit the double moving bars and fall into the goo. Any advice re better timing to make that jump?

If it is the part I am thinking about, you don’t have to jump past them.  Just drop down on the hover board (making sure it is there).

Edit - you may be talking about right before where you have to jump up on one of the sides?  If so, time your jump when the bar is low.  The part I reference above is right after that (when you make it to the top).

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, djb5f said:

If it is the part I am thinking about, you don’t have to jump past them.  Just drop down on the hover board (making sure it is there).

Edit - you may be talking about right before where you have to jump up on one of the sides?  If so, time your jump when the bar is low.  The part I reference above is right after that (when you make it to the top).

It's the last section of the non-gravity before getting back on the board so sounds like the first part you referenced. I have always tried to jump the two bars to get back onto the board, never thought I might be able to just drop down onto it. Thanks for the tip!

update: Did the trick! got my win! 

Edited by black__bunny

40 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

They just patched it a few minutes ago,only the first 1 wins the crown on third round

This makes no sense, whoever crosses the line first is pretty much random, Hoverboard Heroes is not designed to be a final. Why don't they just make two rounds of Hoverboard Heroes into a random final?

I'm surprised at how quick this was patched. It actually took them longer to patch the private match infallible exploit than this. I'm really glad that I stayed up to 1 AM to grind this mode out. I feel really bad for any of the people who missed out on the small chance to get these easy wins. Just be patient as there's always a cheese method to winning being discovered/released every month or so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flubberwunked said:

I'm surprised at how quick this was patched. It actually took them longer to patch the private match infallible exploit than this. I'm really glad that I stayed up to 1 AM to grind this mode out. I feel really bad for any of the people who missed out on the small chance to get these easy wins. Just be patient as there's always a cheese method to winning being discovered/released every month or so.

I am surprised how quickly they patched it too but it is not because of trophies.

Crowns (currency essentially) were being handed out too easily and could impact their microtransaction stream ($$).  That was not an issue in the private match exploit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Batmannequin said:

Haha, just realised it was patched when I was eliminated in the process of crossing the line on round 3.

I wondered why all the other players were seemingly more competitive than they were last night.

I haven’t gotten a patch update?

With multiple players reaching the end at the same time, there is no skill determining the winner. They should change up the flippers so they're moving opposite each other. So you don't have to wait at the end.

Edited by twyz

11 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

Haha, just realised it was patched when I was eliminated in the process of crossing the line on round 3.

I wondered why all the other players were seemingly more competitive than they were last night.

Same here.  ?. Just got a chance to try it a few minutes ago and thought I was going to get a win but got eliminated when the first guy crossed the finish line.