Darumacho

Having a hard time finding the Mirage

12 posts in this topic

Hi, all I need for the plat is to encounter the Mirage twice more. Although, looks like he just never spawns - at this point I've spent maybe 15 hours desperately roaming the map, hoping he'd show.

Does anybody else have this kind of problem ?

i did not,  he spawned pretty regularly for me....sometimes back to back....although i did have a bug where once i clcked on him and went to fight the monk, but there was no one there...just an empty field with no way to leave or die...had to restart the game....i have the physical version btw...

Also have a physical copy of the game - the weird thing i I've had no problem on PC/Xbox

I'll try to reinstall the game offline to skip updates, might work

This was a known problem if you had the initial day one patch installed. It should have been fixed with the last patch, though.

Personally, I had no issues with the quest aside from once when he appeared and I couldn't click on him.

Posted (edited)

Did you play the game on version 1.0 and then update the save file to 1.2? If you did that before getting toytinkerer and old world gadgets they will glitch and become unobtainable ive written it in my guides on the site if you need to look.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

10 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Did you play the game on version 1.0 and then update the save file to 1.2? If you did that before getting toytinkerer and old world gadgets they will glitch and become unobtainable ive written it in my guides on the site if you need to look.

No I started playing the game on the latest version, but in the end I just guess RNG isn't on my side lmao

Looks like reinstalling the whole game from scratch worked, I managed to encounter him 4 times within less than an hour

Having the same problem. Encountered the Mirage 3/4 times however after now reaching the end of the game (all 4 worldeaters beaten, tribe war resolved) he is no longer appearing. Been a good 8-10hrs since I last had him spawn in. So frustrating as it's my last trophy to earn. 

On 04/07/2021 at 2:52 PM, TomRice26 said:

Having the same problem. Encountered the Mirage 3/4 times however after now reaching the end of the game (all 4 worldeaters beaten, tribe war resolved) he is no longer appearing. Been a good 8-10hrs since I last had him spawn in. So frustrating as it's my last trophy to earn. 

I think the best plan is to create a new character from scratch - just be sure to complete the first tribal quest for him to appear. Then just roam for 5-10 minutes and he should show up.

What's funny for me is even after i had completed all of the interactions, he still frequently appears randomly...although every time he'll turn away and disappear when i approach...

Posted (edited)

On 7/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Darumacho said:

I think the best plan is to create a new character from scratch - just be sure to complete the first tribal quest for him to appear. Then just roam for 5-10 minutes and he should show up.

I can't seem to get the mirage to sit still long enough, tried reinstalling the whole game like you suggested, started a new character and beat the first 3 outposts and the tribe fortress mission, I can see him sometimes in places but then when I approach he just turns around and dissapears like other people have posted.

I dunno what to do or suggest now

EDIT: I read somewhere that he spawns more consistently near the tree of life so I fast travelled there and did a lap of the tree and I managed to find my first one by the bridge near the entrance to the tree, so I fast travelled back to the tree again, did another lap and the 2nd encounter was also in the same place, fast travelled again and the third encounter was the otherside of the tree and that took about 1 and a half run arounds of the tree, the final encounter was also about 1 and a half run arounds of the tree.

If anyones having difficulty try doing my method above, he didn't turn around and dissapear at all when I did my method above, glad it worked and thats platinum!

Edited by AaronNick

Fully ware this type of post isn’t helpful to those encountering issues, but just to echo some others, I had no problems with him appearing. I’m afraid to say it was almost silly how early and frequently he appeared. Once literally just 20 steps down the road from where he previously appeared. It was one of the first trophies that popped for me I think. And like others, he kept reappearing long after I’d got the trophy.