NetherRealm focusing on next project, end of ‘Mortal Kombat 11’ DLC

ziggypossum

Friendship ended with Mortal Kombat 11, now unannounced game is my best friend

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/netherrealm-focusing-on-next-project-end-of-mortal-kombat-11-dlc-2984217

After two-plus years of support, MK11 is complete

https://www.polygon.com/22560993/mortal-kombat-11-dlc-ends-netherrealm-next-game

Well, that sucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vergil said:

I think not 1f607.png

Fighting games have gotten soft these days

I can somehow agree with that and add that "platinums" sets are more for "casual" players who just started their journey with the IP than for hardcore-QTF-combos-hardcore-maniacs :D.

(Anyway IMHO MK vs. DC was one of the worst "episode" in MK history).

I stopped playing the game about over a month ago, but I’m still highly disappointed at this announcement. NRS’s communication and support for this game was completely atrocious. Especially when compared to other fighting game devs like Capcom and Namco who been supporting their games for years (Tekken 7 is in year 6 and SFV is in year 5). They went months being dead silent on this game prior to this announcement. They could’ve announced this months beforehand and it wouldn’t have made a difference. Also the “2 + year support” is a lie. The last batch of content this game received was in Nov 2020. So 19 months of “support” (Apr 2019-Nov 2020).

Hopefully their next game is better, as it most likely will be Injustice 3 or a new IP. As this game feels unfinished and has many issues with its mechanics and gameplay like auto meter regeneration, the fatal blow system, wake up system, D1 & D3 spam and more for example. This is my least favorite of the last three MK games (MK9, MKX & MK11). 

• Like 2