Trophies require the in game "badge" system to be clicked on to unlock

Topic

I got a little worried when I got the first weapon and the trophy did not pop. Turns out if you hit the touch pad and hit L1 there in a in-game achievement system and pressing x on the earned ones will then pop the trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/07/2021 at 11:17 AM, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I can see this being abused if this is the case for all trophies. If you could simply pop all the trophies when you want to, the quickest times on this game are going to be a matter of seconds  >.<

And it seems to have happened fastest time is now under a minute.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

But then why only a dozen out of over a hundred have popped the plat? Seems like a low percentage if one can click through. 

It sounds like the exploit is that you can pop all of the trophies at the same time once you've fulfilled their requirements, thus having an unnaturally low completion time, not just unlock them with no effort.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

It sounds like the exploit is that you can pop all of the trophies at the same time once you've fulfilled their requirements, thus having an unnaturally low completion time, not just unlock them with no effort.

Ah. I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:50 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Pretty much this. In almost every other game, completing a trophy's requirement unlocks the trophy. In this one, completing the trophy requirement unlocks the corresponding badge in the in-game menu, and interacting with that is what unlocks the trophy. I didn't bother going in to pop any trophies until I'd unlocked all badges, since trophies being decoupled from their requirements means that the timestamps would be off no matter what.