Will the Director's cut have a separate trophy list?

me_is_caveman

Can you only transfer from PS4 -> PS5 or vice versa?

I've seen other games not let you transfer back to PS4 which doesn't really make sense if some games auto pop trophies automatically when transferring to PS5.

Edited by ViralSyN

2 hours ago, dimi_mel said:

Oh, did they? Could you please provide a link with the information?

Second paragraph.  So glad the Rivals trophies look doable and not ridiculously hard.  Hopefully it doesn't force matchmaking and instead let's you play them with a party of 4.  That'll make them even easier.  
Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

Does anybody know if getting the director’s cut upgrade for the base game on the PSN Store would give you access to the ps5 trophy list or we need to purchase the entire game to get it? 

I bought the PS4 DC upgrade and no sign of a PS5 one so I guess we need to buy it full price to get the PS5 game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

Does anybody know if getting the director’s cut upgrade for the base game on the PSN Store would give you access to the ps5 trophy list or we need to purchase the entire game to get it? 

It won't give you access to the PS5 list however there will an upgrade half the price of the DLC to get the PS5 version (which has the DLC). So trophy wise the optimal way to do it would be to upgrade to the PS4 Directors cut, 100% the title, then upgrade to the PS5 Directors Cut and autopop all of the trophies on it with your PS4 file which you can convert to PS5 without any uploading.

It might be possible to buy both the PS4 and PS5 directors cuts in one package too, but I can't speak with certainty on that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

It won't give you access to the PS5 list however there will an upgrade half the price of the DLC to get the PS5 version (which has the DLC). So trophy wise the optimal way to do it would be to upgrade to the PS4 Directors cut, 100% the title, then upgrade to the PS5 Directors Cut and autopop all of the trophies on it with your PS4 file which you can convert to PS5 without any uploading.

It might be possible to buy both the PS4 and PS5 directors cuts in one package too, but I can't speak with certainty on that. 

So, if I have the PS4 version with the new expansion pass, can I play it on PS5 without triggering a new trophy list? 
I need to buy the PS5 version, in order to get PS5 trophies, otherwise it'll unlock PS4 trophies on PS5 - am I understanding correctly? 

Just now, Madsen658 said:

So, if I have the PS4 version with the new expansion pass, can I play it on PS5 without triggering a new trophy list? 
I need to buy the PS5 version, in order to get PS5 trophies, otherwise it'll unlock PS4 trophies on PS5 - am I understanding correctly? 

No. You would need to upgrade the directors cut PS4 to PS5 for 10 bucks (you don't lose the PS4 version as far as I know when doing this).

Playing the PS5 version will trigger a new list for the PS5 version. Playing the PS4 version of the game on a PS5 will not trigger a new list. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Don't know about the Director's Cut but I can tell that the update for the PS4 base game (I have the physical copy) is 21GB big, I've downloaded it today.

Mine for PS4 was 18gb, but file size is still under 50gb so there is a good chance it's all on disc and a lot of it was optimization type stuff.

2 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

haven't seen this mentioned anywhere....

if u straight up buy the PS5 DC edition, will u get the PS4 DC free as well?

I assume you mean this?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA02225_00-GHOSTDIRECTORPS5/

Pre-order from PlayStation™Store and also receive a digital version of the Ghost of Tsushima PS4 game. (Offer valid from June 30, 2021 to August 20, 2021). 

It seems you can get the PS4 version if you buy that but literally for just the next 2 and half hours. Odd as the European version which doesn't have that text lists PS4 & PS5. If something goes wrong and it only gives you the PS5 version to download then I believe you need to contact Sony for a refund first by the way. Doing it via your bank will net you a ban. Just saying as it sometimes happens to people and then getting your account unbanned takes a while at best.

I wouldn't worry if this really is some limited time thing. The PS4 version of the Directors Cut and then the upgrade to the PS5 version costs the same as buying it all in one.

2 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Does anyone know if the ps5 version will auto pop the ps4? otherwise ill just leave the ps4 one at however far I got

I've not seen anyone mention a save converter for PS5 to PS4 so no you won't be able to autopop the paid DLC on PS4. You should be able to autopop the new online trophies though when they release on September 3rd though, as that is on the server and so will be the same for both the PS4 and PS5 version. 

2 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I assume you mean this?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA02225_00-GHOSTDIRECTORPS5/

Pre-order from PlayStation2122.pngStore and also receive a digital version of the Ghost of Tsushima PS4 game. (Offer valid from June 30, 2021 to August 20, 2021). 

It seems you can get the PS4 version if you buy that but literally for just the next 2 and half hours. Odd as the European version which doesn't have that text lists PS4 & PS5. If something goes wrong and it only gives you the PS5 version to download then I believe you need to contact Sony for a refund first by the way. Doing it via your bank will net you a ban. Just saying as it sometimes happens to people and then getting your account unbanned takes a while at best.

I wouldn't worry if this really is some limited time thing. The PS4 version of the Directors Cut and then the upgrade to the PS5 version costs the same as buying it all in one.

I've not seen anyone mention a save converter for PS5 to PS4 so no you won't be able to autopop the paid DLC on PS4. You should be able to autopop the new online trophies though when they release on September 3rd though, as that is on the server and so will be the same for both the PS4 and PS5 version. 

There is no transfer of single player saves from PS5 to PS4, only PS4 to PS5.  I'm really curious if MP Legends transfers both ways for trophies too, because they did say in the Rivals blog that progress transfers both ways.

Won't be able to test that until Saturday, with one of my dummy accounts, though.