Questions about import

Kavatus

Heya. I would like to know if it's possible to import character from bg to bg2? I planned to try to make 25 on all stats char on bg1 and import it to bg2. 

Also can you keep your imported items by pausing game right at start and drop all items to ground so you can pick them up once you can control your char? I would want to carry golden pantaloons from bg1 all the way to end. 

38 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I'm not and expert but you should be able to import from any point in the series. However, only a select few items (like the golden pantaloons) will carry over with you. 

Thanks for confirming that bg1 char can be exported to bg2. 

Can bg2 items be imported aka duplicated to new playthrough? Are items and gear stripped away at start and can you bypass that by pausing game at start and dropping everything at your feet like in original? 

8 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Thanks for confirming that bg1 char can be exported to bg2. 

Can bg2 items be imported aka duplicated to new playthrough? Are items and gear stripped away at start and can you bypass that by pausing game at start and dropping everything at your feet like in original? 

I think there's an item pool/ table that looks at what you have and then picks a few of them to be scattered around the starting Dungeon e.g the pantaloons are behind a painting and there's some weapons in a chest next to the golem you re-activate. Here's a list that explains it better than I can: Importing.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about items too much (with the exception of the pantaloons) as BG1 items get outclassed fairly quickly.

Edited by bikeman223

27 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I think there's an item pool/ table that looks at what you have and then picks a few of them to be scattered around the starting Dungeon e.g the pantaloons are behind a painting and there's some weapons in a chest next to the golem you re-activate. Here's a list that explains it better than I can: Importing.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about items too much (with the exception of the pantaloons) as BG1 items get outclassed fairly quickly.

Latter question was about exporting bg2 char to bg2 new playthough, do you keep items do you have to bypass getting stuff stripped by method I mentioned. That question is more for duplicating bg2 items. 

19 hours ago, Kavatus said:

Latter question was about exporting bg2 char to bg2 new playthough, do you keep items do you have to bypass getting stuff stripped by method I mentioned. That question is more for duplicating bg2 items. 

I don’t think you do. I remember trying to carry over the Bag of Holding and Robes of Vecna and losing them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I don’t think you do. I remember trying to carry over the Bag of Holding and Robes of Vecna and losing them.

Ok, thanks for answers. At least I can get 25 stat char from bg1 to bg2. Gotta test pause at start trick once I get to bg2. 

38 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Ok, thanks for answers. At least I can get 25 stat char from bg1 to bg2. Gotta test pause at start trick once I get to bg2. 

Yes you can, the stats and spells are the really valuable things that do carry over. Go nuts with the stat books.