I can't use the reset function

Warning! Spoilers ahead!

Read only if you have played the game at least once.

Spoiler

After deleting Monika at the end, I wanted to reset the game to earn the rest of the collectibles and stuff for the trophies. But the reset function didn't work. Everytime I try to use the sh-document in the files it says I need a higher accsess right first.
I'm pretty lost. Am I missing something?
Already tried to delete my whole savefile and start completly new but even then I still can't use the reset function. Could really use some help. :(

Edit: Ah, I see, the text that I need a higher accsess right appears if I try to delete the reset.sh file. I mixed up the statements. When I try to open it, I am told it is an unknown file type that cannot be opened.

Problem solved!

So if someone else should have the same problem as me: Set the language to English, then it works.

Edited by Cetra_Rachel
Problem solved!

Have you played to the end of Act 4? It wouldn’t surprise me if the reset file is locked out on the first playthrough until you’ve gotten that far

I saw the credits and

Spoiler

received a last letter from Monika. The game itself told me, I should use the reset function to repair it. Then I try to start DDLC! from the Desktop I always see that last letter, nothing more.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, you’re definitely trying to open the file as opposed to deleting it?

Yes. :(

I tried to delete it too, because I was in despair, but nothing of it worked. Actually playing the side stories now and hope that will change something. I really don't now what I can do to fix this.

Edit: Ah, I see, the text that I need a higher accsess right appears if I try to delete the reset.sh file. I mixed up the statements. When I try to open it, I am told it is an unknown file type that cannot be opened.

Edit 2: Nope. Playing the side stories didn't help. Still can't reset the game.

Edited by Cetra_Rachel

... I found the solution and I can't believe what caused this error. ?

I played the game in German. So, as the final act of desperation, I switched the language back to English. Suddenly I can finally open reset.sh normally. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about it. It's just unbelievable. ?

So if someone else should have the same problem as me: Set the language to English, then it works.