'Contact' and 'Have Spacesuit...' trophies bugged (?)

CommodoreKD

I have every other trophy in the main game, but 'Contact' (Attain ‘Known’ status in Alien Colonist Encounters) and 'Have Spacesuit - Will Travel' (Attain ‘Adventurer’ status in On-foot Exploration) never popped. I have rank 10 in all milestones, with over 200 aliens met, and over 270k steps taken, so I should have gotten both long, long ago.

I also started a new game to try for 'Contact' again, but it still isn't popping no matter how many times I reload the save or restart the system. And no, I'm not in creative mode.

Anyone have any advice for forcing these things to pop? Workarounds? Or am I just stuck hoping a patch fixes them?

The trophies for the PS5 version have been bugged since the Next Gen Update released last November but the PS4 release works just fine. Your only options are to either delete everything and start again or Plat/100% the PS4 version then use Cross-Save to auto-pop the trophies you don't have. In the interim, I recommend everyone with this problem to keep reporting it to Hello Games and give them as much detail as possible so they can try and nail down what's causing it: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605

As a side note though, if the trophy requirements have changed then I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know so I can update my Guide on .org :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Appreciate the suggestion, but there's no way I'm spending another 50 hours platting a different version

I'll absolutely file a report about it though, so thanks for the link!

Guess I'll just finish up permadeath mode and come back after a patch for the plat

Edited by CommodoreKD
spelling