Trophy Thoughts (seriously)

4 minutes ago, dedennesteph said:

This...looks...disgusting. Seriously.

Sakura Succubus is a very enjoyable VN which probably just a handful of gamers played entirely without skipping. The only things that are annoying me are the stacks and the opportunity to skip through the whole VN.

The plot is strong on those ones...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Come on man...

GrandIncredibleAstarte-size_restricted.g

Never thought I’d see a RedLetterMedia GIF on PsnProfiles lol

31 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Btw, isnt breakthrough gaming hypocritical to their own believe?

Like the change from 100% -> plat, introducing stacks.

Seems to me they are greeding out the trophy system for some extra bucks.

I don’t think “greeding” is an actual verb (sorry for the correction), but yeah the big J isn’t gonna be happy about that.

• Like 1

Image these type of games without a plat, sales would drop more than 99%.

That’s the point where everyone should realize getting scammed by a broken trophy mechanic nowadays.

I also had the time where I took a lot of these easy plats when they released once a while and some of them were really enjoyable, but now they release a bunch of them every week. And it’s funny how they can make thousands of dollars by releasing student projects.

• Like 1

I wonder if it it's profitable with all costs involved. At this price you need to sell a lot of copies to make a profit. I won't be buying it anyway. It's even worse than Little Adventure on the Prairie. Now I'm glad I check more videos before buying and trying a game.

I have several easy games (also a lot of free stuff thanks to #IndieSelect or giveaways) on my profile or in my backlog, but at least they were games where an indie developer put his time, love and energy on with, in case of Ratalaika Games, a too easy Trophylist where you don't have to finish the game. All these Breakthrough games are a money grab with usually a cheat code provided. 

Other games are delayed by this because there is no more room in Sony's Q&A. And let's not forget that the multiple stacks also make the Trophylists disappear on the first page of this website. Maybe there should be a spotlight / filter on the frontpage for it. I know that's easier that than done.

Good luck if you are on a high spot on the leaderboard. You will need to buy and play this or else you will drop down...

2 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

Image these type of games without a plat, sales would drop more than 99%.

That’s the point where everyone should realize getting scammed by a broken trophy mechanic nowadays.

I also had the time where I took a lot of these easy plats when they released once a while and some of them were really enjoyable, but now they release a bunch of them every week. And it’s funny how they can make thousands of dollars by releasing student projects.

The first game this developer ever released on the PS4, only had 4 trophies but still sold really well.