Skate 3 DLC?

Dreakon139

Being the only other person to start a thread in this forum... I still haven't gotten Skate 3. :P I want to, but for whatever reason I'm having a hard time putting down the $20 or so on it... despite being a fan of the skateboarding games since Tony Hawk on the PS1/N64 and enjoying my relatively brief stint with Skate 2 on the Xbox 360. I'm getting the itch more this weekend to pick it up, but with Uncharted 3 a mere day or two away it's tough for me to go out and get a new game at this point. Maybe though... Skate 3 seems like a good game I can pick up and earn a few trophies in quick between periods of burning myself out on UC3 and Skyrim in the coming weeks.

That said, I'm having trouble figuring out all the different DLC for this game. Since (I assume) they don't count towards the platinum, I would be inclined to only get the DLC that are any good since they seem plentiful and somewhat expensive.

What exactly are the DLC packs for this game, and are any of them worth the price of admission?

There are three DLC packs for this game that have trophies:

Maloof Money Cup (5 Trophies)

Danny Way's Hawaiian Dream (7 Trophies)

San Van Party Play (9 Trophies)

I only got Maloof Money Cup, and it just added another skate area with some new challenges, it wasn't tough either. I'm guessing the other two will be very similar. I can't even remember how much each DLC is but Maloof Money Cup lasts about 2 hours.

If I recall, and I'd have to look it up again to make sure, doesn't this one add more multiplayer features or something? Some kind of local play I think?

Not sure, from the trophy descriptions it doesn't sound like it, but I stopped following the game right around when the second DLC pack was released so I wouldn't know.

Not sure, from the trophy descriptions it doesn't sound like it, but I stopped following the game right around when the second DLC pack was released so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, apparently it adds Party Play... which I cannot find any kind of description of anywhere. I think it's on-the-couch, local kind of multiplayer, right?

• 4 weeks later...

There is also Black Box distribution (new skate park, costs money)

After Dark (A Free DLC, only accessible through the in-game store)

and the filmer pack which adds new utilities and parts, such as the ability to upload HD videos to youtube. (made for the filmer type)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...