Modder gave me RP without me asking, popped all 3 RP trophies at once, what now?

Bearissoslow

So, I was doing a survival with a random, trying to grind out the 10 wave trophy, when, at some point, my RP jumped to around 280ish (I was only around level 19 at the time) and suddenly all the RP trophies pop. I didn't request it and I'm not really sure what to do about it. I don't wanna get this account flagged or marked as a cheating account, but I obviously can't undo this. I've been trophy hunting since about 2014 and have been doing it legit the whole time (I've avoided cheating/modding to pop unobtainable trophies for games like MK9), and I want to make sure this isn't going to be an issue. Any advice?

• Like 3

If you've synced those trophies, all you can do is hide the list and move on but if you haven't synced them, delete your profile from the console then recreate it. Do note though that deleting your profile will also wipe all of your saves so back them up before hand.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

although in rare instances trophies can still auto sync when you acquire them, even on PS3.

I had no idea this was possible until just recently when I noticed on PSNP that a few trophies I earned on RDR had been somehow synced to my profile.

How does this happen exactly? I was always under the impression you had to sync trophies manually on PS3.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I had no idea this was possible until just recently when I noticed on PSNP that a few trophies I earned on RDR had been somehow synced to my profile.

How does this happen exactly? I was always under the impression you had to sync trophies manually on PS3.

Maybe when vita/ps5/PS4 from your account is also online?

5 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Maybe when vita/ps5/PS4 from your account is also online?

Ohhh. That could definitely explain it. I can’t remember for sure, but the trophies in question were from the online portion of the game, and it’s possible I was using my PS4 for the party chat feature at the time. I don’t have a mic that is compatible with PS3, so this is typically how I use voice chat when I need it.

Thanks! Another one of life’s great mysteries solved!

Edited by dieselmanchild

Because you could get all online trophies except for run like the wind in private sessions. There is still a risk of getting into a public lobby if there is a disconnect or something else.

If you got all online trophies legit, go to a public lobby and wait for a modder to place a bounty on you. I guess, it wont take long nowadays.

Forgive me as this is slightly off topic from the user's initial ask for assistance -- but why is this known GTAV issue still considered cheating anyway? I, and plenty of other people who have already posted in this thread appear to be well aware that this happens in GTAV Online. So what's stopping us from letting these users just unhide these trophies? Sometime last year I did my 100% on Borderlands 1 GOTY for PS4 and the game has 'modded weapons' which this forum does not count as cheating. I know one person in my fire team used some overpowered modded weapon when we fought Crawmerax. I did not cheat myself, but I cannot control how others play/abuse the game. I don't see much of a difference in these two issues, but one is treated as cheating and the other isn't. The whole point of preventing cheating is to maintain fairness. Forcing people to hide their GTAV trophies because of something completely out of their control seems markedly unfair to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, droppingtherock said:

Forgive me as this is slightly off topic from the user's initial ask for assistance -- but why is this known GTAV issue still considered cheating anyway? I, and plenty of other people who have already posted in this thread appear to be well aware that this happens in GTAV Online. So what's stopping us from letting these users just unhide these trophies? Sometime last year I did my 100% on Borderlands 1 GOTY for PS4 and the game has 'modded weapons' which this forum does not count as cheating. I know one person in my fire team used some overpowered modded weapon when we fought Crawmerax. I did not cheat myself, but I cannot control how others play/abuse the game. I don't see much of a difference in these two issues, but one is treated as cheating and the other isn't. The whole point of preventing cheating is to maintain fairness. Forcing people to hide their GTAV trophies because of something completely out of their control seems markedly unfair to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Why even play the game if you don’t have run like the wind already unlocked?

I don't really get it either. Those kind of people would cry/complain in the forums after the matter, rather than researching before starting up the game. 

You will see a spike of players starting up this game despite run like wind being unobtainable legitimately and online filled with hackers. Expect to see more threads like this for the next few months. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Because people should be able to play games they already paid for, without worrying about being flagged as a cheater solely because of the actions of other people out of their control.

Because the rules on this site regarding circumstances like this are (at best) unclear and unevenly enforced. 

Because not everybody, including people on this site, diligently research the most up to date information on obscure trophies in nearly decade-old games every time they decide to break out an old game because they simply feel like it. 
Because new players, who may currently be completely oblivious to the fact that there are issues with GTA's online trophies and had them pop long ago by hackers without even realizing it, will come to this site and be labelled as a cheater due to an issue that they didn't know existed in the first place and was completely out of their control anyway. 

Because players should not be penalized for the actions of others. 

And threads like this wouldn't keep popping up if CRT would just put up some clear guidance on how they plan on handling the issue going forward.  I would think anything short of a whitelist for trophies that can be auto-popped by other players without user input or even permission would be doing everyone on the site a huge disservice, but at least we'd have an answer one way or the other and not every thread will devolve into a discussion about the online trophies.  In another thread, I mentioned the possibility of a whitelist existing that they may not want to make public, but after more consideration, I think addressing the issue publicly is a much better solution.  All keeping silent on the matter has done is caused people to create threads where they discuss ways to hide the fact that they had trophies pop, lie to CRT, discuss convoluted ways to avoid having trophies auto-pop that likely won't work in the long run anyway, made hunting GTA's trophies (and trophies of similar games like BO2) exponentially more difficult than it needs to be, and generally made life far more difficult than it needs to be for those who are trying to clean up some online trophies, with absolutely no benefits to anyone.   

I see that you have the rank trophies unlocked by a hacker which explains the essay... Also I see that you started the game in September 2013... Why didn't you get the online trophies done the past 8 years? Why all of the sudden the online trophies important, when you never cared to do them in all that time? Bizarre.

• Like 1

I don't think you'll be flagged for cheating as the PS3's online is just generally full of cheaters/modders, even from the earlier days.

Around late 2012 a cheater/modder happened to be in the same game as me in a GTA 4 game, i was very far from max rank but suddenly i got in this game and the gold trophy popped so clearly they did something.

Wouldn't worry too much unless you know you actually cheated to earn them.

10 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Isn't b1rvine head of the CRT?  If be thinks there should be a whitelist why isn't there one? Common sense would say these trophies should be white listed.

It's madness that people are punished on this website for playing a game normally.  

At the very least hiding these games shouldn't count towards your 3 strikes.

Edited by Dan-lives-here

Just now, Dan-lives-here said:

Isn't b1rvine head of the CRT? Common sense would say these trophies should be white listed.

It's madness that people are punished on this website for playing a game normally.  

At the very least hiding these games shouldn't count towards your 3 strikes.

Sly is the head of the Cheater Removers. There is no implemented whitelist. 

People don’t really want my opinion because I would just remove both the troublesome games from being tracked by the site at all to eliminate all the posts that endlessly happen. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 10:51 AM, Bearissoslow said:

Snip

You have 2 options.

1) hide the game now (which it may already be too late to do - you could've been flagged already and be part of the CRT pending review backlog) and avoid a possible flag

Or

2) dont hide it, most likely be flagged eventually, and roll the dice with a public dispute 

GTA is often a grey area, and the CRT have straight up said they dont like flagging it.  You may have a chance if your list doesn't affect the top 50.  Your best bet would be to contact one of them and explain your situation.

Yesterday I stupidly AFK'd in a public lobby and when I came back someone had pumped my level up and popped the level 50 and 100 trophies. Luckily I don't auto-sync the trophies so I deleted my account and they're gone again now.

I've started up a new character but does anyone know if they'll definitely pop again if I grind again back up to 50 and 100? I'm gonna be annoyed if I grind for hours get to 50 and find out I can't get the trophies anymore because of some stupid kid who wants to "hack the planet".

Update: In case anyone else is in the same situation as I was, I started a new character and after grinding RP again and getting to level 50 the trophy does pop still! Phew.

Edited by Dyna
Updated information
  • Like 1

I think if you reach 100% without reaching the top 50 fastest achievers list you won’t be flagged. So my advice for you is to leave a single player trophy and reach 100% in more than 2-3 months. I think it’s stupid to flag someone unless the player hacks, mods or completely cheats his trophies. And protecting people with fastest times? Damn most of them don’t even know they’ve reached that list and anyone that played GTA before can casually reach 100% in maximum 2 weeks with a bounty placed by a modder but it’s unfortunately people with annoying thoughts’ decision. There is nothing we could do. 

Edited by Denizcankaya97

So annoyed ranked up to 80 legitimately so far, cleaning up heist and platinum medals and stepped away for 5 mins, been boosted to rank 5000!? Will have to start over and hope I can get to rank 100 before the servers close -_-'

Edit: I wonder if it can be reversed? Surely there is some nice hackers out there? /sarcasm

Edited by Null_Spectre
Thoughts