Modder gave me RP without me asking, popped all 3 RP trophies at once, what now?

Bearissoslow

On 7/18/2021 at 10:19 PM, Null_Spectre said:

So annoyed ranked up to 80 legitimately so far, cleaning up heist and platinum medals and stepped away for 5 mins, been boosted to rank 5000!? Will have to start over and hope I can get to rank 100 before the servers close -_-'

Edit: I wonder if it can be reversed? Surely there is some nice hackers out there? /sarcasm

Why would you need to?  If you earned rank 25 and 50 legitimately, then there would be no way to tell that the last 20 or so levels got boosted by a hacker.  Your timestamps will look legitimate to anyone who cares for whatever reason.  

35 minutes ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Why would you need to?  If you earned rank 25 and 50 legitimately, then there would be no way to tell that the last 20 or so levels got boosted by a hacker.  Your timestamps will look legitimate to anyone who cares for whatever reason.  

The game didn't recognize I was past rank 100 and no trophy had popped. Had to start another character and work to lvl 100 again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JunkSkelington said:

It does seem kinda weird that we still have to stress over 200 points worth of trophies popped by hackers out of our control when the auto pop of half of the PS5 library is infinitely more toxic to the leaderboards.

This a hundred times and using an external software with a script in FFIX do get the rope trophy is also ok, I don't really care but the what's right or wrong here is really murky.

19 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

It does seem kinda weird that we still have to stress over 200 points worth of trophies popped by hackers out of our control when the auto pop of half of the PS5 library is infinitely more toxic to the leaderboards.

I would actually consider the cheap-ass shovelware games that are like $2 each and give you 30 second platinums infinitely more toxic than the PS5 auto-pop platinums.  At least with those, you have to legitimately play the PS4 versions first.  

(and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves $2 cheap-ass shovelware games.  But I'm not trying to get to the top of the leaderboards.  :D) 

Let's be realistic here.....anyone who cares about the leaderboards has far, far more issues to worry about than a few trophies that can be popped by hackers in a nearly decade-old game.  The entire system can be legitimately gamed in far worse ways than that, to the point of rendering the leaderboards largely irrelevant due to how easily they can be gamed.