Wish the main game was more like the dlc

BurningIce1313

8 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Strongly disagree.

Curious as to why, I was so bored for long parts of the main game. I appreciate the creativity but most of the time I was doing things I wish i could just skip. Also preferred combat with Raven.  

Just now, thefourfoldroot said:

Never played the DLC, but definitely wish it was more like the original. 2 had far too much stealth action.

Also agree with this.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BurningIce1313 said:

Curious as to why, I was so bored for long parts of the main game. I appreciate the creativity but most of the time I was doing things I wish i could just skip. Also preferred combat with Raven.  

I can't be on point on this since I played the game 3+years ago and I played Raven DLC last year but generally speaking it was hard for me to put down Gravity Rush 2 even after I've done everything the game had to offer. Aesthetically I enjoyed GR2 a lot. More than I was appreciative of the first game uniqueness when I played that on PS Vita. By no means GR2 is a perfect game with it's story being almost mundane and down to earth for the most part compared to the vanilla GR, but generally it had a better narrative without actively skipping parts from sub-plot to another sub-plot with little to no continuity (which GR1 did to my utter disappointment) and a better tone. Hands down it has its own issues like lack of new enemies or new ideas of interesting things to do and it totally wasted potential in relation to the mining/anomaly zones, but I still enjoyed it regardless. Mind you, I played GR2 when servers were alive so there was also lots of possibilities to entertain yourself like online competition and definitely a Treasure Hunt Game with photos as hints from/to other players (I would've totally steal all GR2 online perks for SpiderMan game while pushing multiverse if I was a dev from Insomniac Games). Etc., etc.

That being said, I tried Raven DLC relatively recently last year and found it... lacking. It didn't touch the Childrens Ark plot but was barely coherent, unbelievably short and drowned in self-reflection instead.

Also I like Kat WAAAAAY better. More positive, trusting, less uptight and stuff.

Sorry, I couldn't come up with a detailed and more substantive answer but I just don't remember the main game contents and its pacing issues all that well at this point in time.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 1

I definitely don't. Its main appeal is addressing the major subplot/cliffhanger from the first game and focusing on Raven, all of which proves to be utterly redundant by the end. Additionally, Raven being playable during parts of the main game's story and also swappable with Kat for the mining sites, decreases some of the DLC's appeal in terms of Raven playability.

18 hours ago, BurningIce1313 said:

Also agree with this.

The DLC has boring parts, contains a notably forced stealth segment (several of which also exist in the first game that people constantly pretend or forget exist), and has inferior combat. Objectively, the combat system is stripped down and regressed because of no skill tree at all, no talisman, and no alternate gravity styles. This non-ambitious, low-effort DLC does not even remotely touch the second game, and it's not better than the first game for that matter either. You just prefer Raven's few unique abilities, even though her version of the Gravity Kick is inferior and defective, as it frequently slides off enemies upon contact & mid-animation and has no chain effect, just to list some examples.

None of the pros individually or together does enough to elevate the DLC above any of the full games, and the second game has little to nothing to learn from it. If it was designed more like inFAMOUS First Light, then you'd have a point, but it's not.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I haven't touched the DLC and don't intend to. Just finished the main story last night, still need to mop up for the platinum, but once I got it, I'm done, so sick and tired of this game.

I enjoyed GR1 remastered tremendously, I loved it so much that I immediately moved on to GR2 after I got the GR1 plat. The new cities are beautiful, but the gameplay is trash. So many forced stealth sections, and missions that restrict your powers. The whole point of the game is the power fantasy, but somehow the dev team thought it was a good idea to NOT let you use your powers in so many side missions. The game mechanic isn't designed for that, for example the platforming missions where you play as Battle Nurse, holy shit, so frustrating. And the mission where you first get your Jupiter powers and have to slide down a long corridor, the camera was so bad and disorientating, it made the entire mission very frustrating. I played all of the Souls games and never once felt the urge to throw my controller, but I did playing this game.

GR1 simplicity with GR2 graphics would have been the perfect game.

• Like 1