PS3 Trophies not Updating

Littlefinger971

I've recently bought a PS3 - never had one back on first release, so have been replaying some of the games that i had on 360. however, for some reason the trophies are not syncing to my PSNprofiles profile. i have defiently got them in the game, and are showing on my trophy list on the ps3, however when i look at my profile on here, they dont seem to update that regularly. I have tried updating manually but to no avail. There's ones that popped 2+ weeks ago that still arent showing up on here for some reason.

any ideas?

32 minutes ago, Littlefinger971 said:

I've recently bought a PS3 - never had one back on first release, so have been replaying some of the games that i had on 360. however, for some reason the trophies are not syncing to my PSNprofiles profile. i have defiently got them in the game, and are showing on my trophy list on the ps3, however when i look at my profile on here, they dont seem to update that regularly. I have tried updating manually but to no avail. There's ones that popped 2+ weeks ago that still arent showing up on here for some reason.

any ideas?

Do you have any specific games that can be used as an example? Also, did you manually sync your trophy list by selecting that option on your PS3?

Definitely need some examples of problem games as you’ve got a few that have synced into your list in the last couple of weeks (Tomb Raider, Harry Potter…)

You’ve also got a bunch of older ones, but looking at those titles I’m guessing they’re all PS Now games?

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Do you have any specific games that can be used as an example? Also, did you manually sync your trophy list by selecting that option on your PS3?

Tomb raider Legend is the biggest one at the moment, theres about 10 trophies that i've earned over the past week or so that are still not syncing on here. i reguarlly manually sync on PS3- pretty much every time i earn a trophy so i can see how many i've got left to earn

9 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

The 4 recent PS3 games on my list with no trophies earned wouldn't sync to here for past few days, they only showed today when i earned a trophy on a different game. 

Hmm maybe i'll trythat, to be fair i have been grinding tomb raider legend for the past couple of days for the plat

9 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I'm thinking i must have mine in Online mode as any time i go to check my trophy list it normally takes upwardsof 5 mins to sync all my trophies :D

1 minute ago, Littlefinger971 said:

Tomb raider Legend is the biggest one at the moment, theres about 10 trophies that i've earned over the past week or so that are still not syncing on here. i reguarlly manually sync on PS3- pretty much every time i earn a trophy so i can see how many i've got left to earn

So the game is showing here(https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/835-tomb-raider-legend/Littlefinger971), just not the more recent trophies?

Do you get the full progress bar on the XMB when you manually sync?

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So the game is showing here(https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/835-tomb-raider-legend/Littlefinger971), just not the more recent trophies?

Do you get the full progress bar on the XMB when you manually sync?

Yeah thats the issue, I earned about 6 trophies yesterday and they're not syncing on here. the Progess updates when i manually sync via home button 

2 minutes ago, Littlefinger971 said:

Yeah thats the issue, I earned about 6 trophies yesterday and they're not syncing on here. the Progess updates when i manually sync via home button 

They’re also not syncing to your PSN account from the looks of things. If I pull up your profile on the app it’s matching perfectly to what’s on PSNP

3 minutes ago, Littlefinger971 said:

Viewing trophies on PS3 doesn’t manually sync them like on PS4. You’ll want to hit triangle when you’re in the trophy menu and select Sync trophies. That’s how you manually sync on PS3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Viewing trophies on PS3 doesn’t manually sync them like on PS4. You’ll want to hit triangle when you’re in the trophy menu and select Sync trophies. That’s how you manually sync on PS3. 

Ah right i see. i've just resynced manually so will see if it updates as part of the next update today

12 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

Also keep in mind that auto syncing trophies on PS3 is a PS+ feature.

didn't know that

29 minutes ago, Littlefinger971 said:

Ah right i see. i've just resynced manually so will see if it updates as part of the next update today

If you view them through the XMB while ingame and in offline mode, the trophies won't sync. Only when the game is closed and you view them, they'll sync.
However... if ingame and you go to friends and select your own profile card, the trophies will also sync!
But you can also press triangle to force sync them once the game is closed.
In all above case it'll always show a 'syncing bar' when it's syncing them so you're 100% sure it synced them.

I do recommend offline mode for the PS3. It'll only show trophies on that system and PS3 trophies that are synced back from PSN.
Online mode will show everything on PSN (not sure about PS5) but in my case... online mode doesn't work at all because I have too many trophies. And even years ago when it still worked, it was extremely slow!
You can check/change the mode by pressing triangle when on the trophies icon in the XMB just as you would to manually force a sync.

Edited by Kolm

6 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Mine have never auto synced. 

I believe you have to turn on auto updating (only for PSPlus) and select what it has to do at a set time. In my case: upload saves and sync trophies. If it's in standby it'll turn on and do the said stuff, if it's turned off completely (FAT models have extra power button on the back), then it'll do the said stuff when I turn that back power button on.

Not sure if syncing trophies when you start the PS3 and login to an account (that also auto signs into PSN) is also part of PSPlus or for everyone.

21 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Mine have never auto synced. 

What Kolm said.  

I never manual synced my Batman: Telltale games list (going to play it later) but somehow it managed to get synced. That's when I forgot auto-sync is left on. So it does work at least for me.

I don't know either if the PS3 auto-syncs when you start up the PS3 or during standby though. Doesn't really matter how it does it anyway.

Edited by Starlighthed211

Trophy-list auto synch by PS Plus settings definitely work and at least once I week my trophy list get synched by that because I forgot to do after I finished playing for that day. What is a mystery to many is how PS3 automatically synchronizes your trophies if you're playing an online game but never hit the trophy icon to actually perform a synchronization (There are many reports of that around the internet, even here you can find some).

UPDATE: I've tried manually syncing trophies by going in on the ps3 and pressing triangle, and still doesnt seem to be doing anything. i've also obtained trophies on another game and that doesnt seem to have done anything either- and also the trophies aren't showing for this game.

any further advice?

• Like 1