Dualsense or Dualshock 4 when playing PS4 games?

Wavergray

Dualsense or Dualshock 4  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

I've been using the dualshock 4 in part to spread out the wear and tear across controllers. I also like saving the dualsense for PS5 games only to maximize the new gen experience instead of using the controller for all games I play on my PS5 which I know sounds silly.

• Like 3

if you ask me I would use dualshock 4 as it is abit more better than the ps5 controller but if you can find a way to get the ps2 controller to work go for it as that bad buy was able to not have too much problems or much of the bs anolog drift that seems to be happening with all the ps4 and 5 controllers now

3 hours ago, Nick_Scryer said:

Dualsense all the way. I will never go back. Even on ps3 I use Dualsense

It would be nice if PS4 consoles supported DualSense. It's not particularly necessary, but it would be nice to have. I know the PS3 had more universal bluetooth signals or something and that's why it supports DualShock 4 and DualSense. 

Wouldn't it be funny if the PlayStation 6's controller somehow worked on the PS3 one day?

With the cronus Zen I use the Astro C40  playing COD/Battlefield and DS4 for everything else. Sony insisting on using the Dualsense is insane if you're not interested in it's gimmicks oops lol, I mean "Technology"

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1

I just got my PS5, but pretty much only using the DualSense.

So far, I honestly think the DualShock 4 is more comfortable...it's the most comfortable controller I've ever used. But I really enjoy the DualSenses features, especially the Haptics...I've always been a fan of vibration in controllers, but the Haptics are next level, it's just a shame that as time goes on, devs will likely use it less and less.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What makes you think that?

History. How many games stopped using Sixaxis on PS3? How many games on PS4 kept using the lightbar, speaker and touch pad as a touchpad (rather than a glorified Select button)? I can see things like the adaptive triggers not being used and Haptics just going back to a basic rumble once the "newness" of the PS5 wears off with the rare game here and there using them. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

Just now, Viper said:

History. How many games stopped using Sixaxis on PS3? How many games on PS4 kept using the lightbar, speaker and touch pad as a touchpad (rather than a glorified Select button)? I can see things like the adaptive triggers not being used and Haptics just going back to a basic rumble once the "newness" of the PS5 wears off with the rare gaming here and there using them. 

True - I admit, I can't fault you on that logic...

But - there is a salient difference. All those features were roundly dismissed or disliked by the user base long before devs stopped using them. 

I can't say your argument is false - it is demonstrably true - but I think Haptics are likely to have more longevity than you think, because the user-base has generally been very impressed and seems to like them (you and I included!)

Certainly, I hope I'm right!

1 minute ago, Viper said:

History. How many games stopped using Sixaxis on PS3? How many games on PS4 kept using the lightbar, speaker and touch pad as a touchpad (rather than a glorified Select button)? I can see things like the adaptive triggers not being used and Haptics just going back to a basic rumble once the "newness" of the PS5 wears off with the rare game here and there using them. 

yeah but to be fair, SIXAXIS, Dualsense, etc.... how it is used is up to developers. SIXAXIS was just a pain...

Dualsense will be fine i think. Maybe improve upon the feeling of walking around mud or swimming in games to have some stick resistance or something... but most games are using the triggers pretty well.

If I weren't hopelessly addicted to Final Fantasy XIV, I'd probably consider switching over to the Dualsense full time.  But I use the PS4 version and the Dualshock 4 for two reasons...

1. Hopefully make the console work a little less hard with lower resolutions and settings of the PS4 while I mindlessly run daily roulettes (save the heavy lifting for real PS5 games).  I intend to formally play the PS5 version for story content where I want it to look it's best and probably switch over completely at some point.  Yes... I have both versions installed lol.

2. The abilities in that game absolutely hammer the triggers, especially R2 with the way I tend to set things up.  Save the Dualsense some wear and tear.

I think for other PS4 games that don't have that forever MMO grind and daily repetition, I'd be more comfortable just using the Dualsense.  I'll probably let the Dualshock 4 go and switch to the Dualsense full time when I sell/donate the PS4 and need to include a controller with it.

Edited by Dreakon13