Compilation of Tips & Tricks for 100% [+Spoilers]

celobrock

After 100%'d the game, I've decided to drop here a few tips and tricks that might help you to get the 100% for this amazing game! Remember to check the guides available here, since I won't be repeating what has already been stated there. Everything below works with the GOTY Edition. Feel free to share the tips below anywhere, complement guides, etc.

Base Game / Platinum

• You'll spend some time trying to reach lvl 50 on multiplayer. I took a couple of hours in ~2 nights to get from lvl40 to lvl50 easily by doing this:
  1. After you reach lvl40, you'll get the Bolt Action Rifle (you can get it in another way earlier, though, but after lvl40 you'll keep it. You can use other rifles, but the increased reload speed from the Bolt Action Rifle will keep you from dying a lot.
  2. Restart the game while signed out from PSN and get to single player. Press :start:, select Multiplayer and start the LAN Mode.
  3. Go to the Twin Rocks gang hideout and complete it. After that, press :left: so you can repeat it. Now hide behind a rock (located here), equip your Bolt Action Rifle and start killing. If you get the Clean House bonus, you'll get ~1200xp each couple of minutes. Here's a video guide (but I suggest you to keep hiding behind the rock at the beginning).
  • For Fightin' Around the World, you'll have to select the Fist from the Weapon Wheel menu (:l1:), hold :l2: and punch someone until they pass out. Only pushing them won't work.
  • For Mowing Them Down, do it in Undead Nightmare, at El Presidio. You can check your average kills at the Stats Menu, "Undead Killed With Canon".
  • For Slow on the Draw, start the Pike's Basin hideout with a friend/boosting partner and keep calling your horses and alternately shooting them. This is pretty buggy and weird. Some times the assistance won't count, so keep trying it. Keep doing it on the higher area so enemies won't reach you.
  • For Most Wanted... Damn, that was hard. I suggest you to do it on LAN mode so players won't reach you, have tons of guns and ammo, do the Escalera Stairs glitch and start killing NPCs from there praying that 1. You don't get teleported, and 2. Lawmen keep respawning. Move as less as you can so you won't touch a teleport point, shoot once when the Wanted level is low (until you have 1k of bounty on your head).
  • For Go Team!, aim for the Hold Your Own game mode. Skip other games. This is the quickest. If you're boosting it, you can split teams by having people on the same Posse.

Outlaws To The End

• Gold medals aren't hard at all, but Advanced Co-Op missions can be pretty trick. Keep practicing and understand what is happening, don't be a dead weight and hope to find good partners.

Legends and Killers

• For Hail Mary, do it at Pike's Basin. It will be easier than anywhere else.

Liars and Cheats

• For the infamous Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace trophy, six people start a Poker table at MacFarlane's Ranch (where the max bet is $64). Everyone folds, except the person that needs the trophy. After the first round everywhere goes away/finish the game EXCEPT for the person that needs the trophy and the person helping. I suggest the person that needs the trophy to keep betting while the one helping keeps folding. This should go on until the bet is on $64, so the person needing the trophy can win. The person helping shouldn't be able to bet anymore.
  • For Posse on a Pedestal, try to boost it with someone reliable. Otherwise, anyone can cancel the posse and you'll have to restart.

Undead Nightmare

• Leave Chupacabra + the Unicorn for the end. You can usually find them both at Diez Coronas, just at the place where the three horses are on the map. You can only find Chupacabra when the challenge asks you to and the Unicorn when you have all the other horses of Appocalipse.
  • Smoke that Skinwagon isn't hard, but definitely much easier when you do it with 3 or 4 people.
  • The another infamous trophy is Kingpin. It's also not hard apart of forming a group of nine people. Start a Land Grab game at the Saloon in Armadillo (or anywhere else where you can play Land Grab), the other 8 people get close together, you throw a dynamite on them. You get the trophy and the next person does the same. Repeat for everyone that needs the trophy.
  • Like 1