OrdinaryLegoDude

Remaster for the 20th anniversary?

25 posts in this topic

Gta 3 was the first one I played so I hope they do something more than just adding stuff to gta online.

5 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Gta 3 was the first one I played so I hope they do something more than just adding stuff to gta online.

Yea that would be cool. Personally I’d rather see Bully and Manhunt remastered. However I don’t see them doing anything of the sort as GTA online is their cash cow.

I'd love to see any of the GTA games get a fresh coat of polish, but as long as GTA Online keeps raking in money, we're not going to see anything new for a long time.

the only gta that I feel needs a real remaster or remake is vice city as that game to me is more better than the blank slate of the guy you play in 3

21 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

the only gta that I feel needs a real remaster or remake is vice city as that game to me is more better than the blank slate of the guy you play in 3

If we get a gta 3 remaster this year then perhaps next year we’ll get vc for its 20th anniversary.

Posted (edited)

GTA3 is the best BECAUSE you are a blank slate guy. And also because of MSX and RISE FM.

In the original GTA games 1 and 2 as well, it was meant to be you as a CAW type character where you chose your persona and then you went off. GTA3 was when GTA was still like the old games, whatever kind of criminal/hero you were, it was up to you to fill in the blanks. I only ever got as far as Vice City and San Andreas but I never really liked either protagonist.

I never liked how they did this in Dragon Quest games as the dialogue of you not speaking for such a long time is really awkward, I always preffered having a named hero with personality in RPGs like how they do in Final Fantasy games.

But in GTA, I kinda like just being me, and not some other character.

GTA4 on next gen would also be nice, but please please they should get rid of all the online trophy shit.

PS Also I can't believe it's 20 years ago, I remember getting this game on release on PS2....

Edited by enaysoft

I would love to get remasters of gta 3, 4, vice city and san andreas together with manhunt 1 and 2.

Bully had already a lot of versions and l.a. noire a remaster. Dont forget about max payne trilogy.

I dont wanna play these emulated ps2 versions sorry

I think Rockstar hinted that they would do something for the 20th Anniversary and that fans would be happy. That leads me to a few thoughts:

• They remaster/remake GTA 3
  • They add Liberty City from GTA 3 to GTA:O for the upcoming PS5 release
  • They add a bunch of items to GTA:O

I think adding another map to GTA:O is a really good choice. Los Santos just feels really old at this point and I can't picture them finding new stuff to add for multiple years. It gives them a lot more creative freedom to work with if they plan to keep it going for next gen.

Personally id like to see a GTA 1 and 2 remake, or some sort of integrated version of the 2 in GTA 6, like going into an in game arcade and being able to play 1 and 2 at a machine, or being able to sit on the couch at your apartments and instead of just watching tv, play the original GTA or GTA 2, with each having trophy support with platinums to earn, unique lists ofc, would be a cool unique way to finally add the first 2 games to the trophy realm without the need for a remake, other games have done similar things and something 'out the box' like this would perfectly suit the type of world GTA offers. Its a nice idea at least and im hoping Rockstar would agree

i would love to replay it, i have a quest to 100 percent all gta games in-game stats, so far I have GTA 3, vice city stories, vice city, GTA 5 and gta 4 all ingame 100 percent stats, i would love to replay the ps2 days

Unfortunately Rockstar like most companies, they've found their cash cow of online and micro transactions to keep oddles of cash flowing in.

I am sure they are proud of their old IP, like Bully and the older GTA, but for them, those days are over. Capcom might be still making their old offline adventures like Resident Evil and Squaresoft with Final Fantasy VII remake but many companies now. They just ain't interested in the good old offline complete package adventures anymore.

GTA Trilogy is on PS4/5.

GTAIV is on PC/Xbox.

I'm so sick of remasters and ports.

If anything, I'd like them to make spin-offs of the old games ala Vice City Stories.

1 hour ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

If we get a gta 3 remaster this year then perhaps next year we’ll get vc for its 20th anniversary.

maybe but I would think vice city due to the main character being well better to do for a remake as if they make the main guy of 3 remake talk it might be well messy

Posted (edited)

i kind of understand with companies like Rockstar only caring about online and microtransactions because that brings them the big bucks, but I find it funny that without the fans who made them as big as they now, they wouldn't be successful to begin with yet now they couldn't care less...

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

3 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

i kind of understand with companies like Rockstar only caring about online and microtransactions because that brings them the big bucks, but I find it funny that without the fans who made them as big as they now, they wouldn't be successful to begin with yet now they couldn't care less...

I remember reading somewhere gta 3 was originally gonna be the last one since they didn’t sell well beforehand. Very sad when rockstar caters to the children instead of long time fans.

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

GTA Trilogy is on PS4/5.

GTAIV is on PC/Xbox.

If anything, I'd like them to make spin-offs of the old games ala Vice City Stories.

Yes, I would like to play again many good glorious games from the past remade for the new generation how did you know?

CtfZdd1_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Unfortunately Rockstar like most companies, they've found their cash cow of online and micro transactions to keep oddles of cash flowing in.

I am sure they are proud of their old IP, like Bully and the older GTA, but for them, those days are over. Capcom might be still making their old offline adventures like Resident Evil and Squaresoft with Final Fantasy VII remake but many companies now. They just ain't interested in the good old offline complete package adventures anymore.

There won't be a sequel to Bully or Manhunt, because they know neither won't make the profits.

Resident Evil and Final Fantasy are still being released as largely single player but that's mostly because of the massive fanbase they both have. There is a whole bunch of old IPs that both Capcom and Square Enix have, but resurrecting franchises from decades ago is not only seen as a risk, they probably can't see more than a niche audience getting into those games. The big publishers don't want anything that isn't going to generate enough profits, which is why testing the waters and trying to be innovative isn't really a thing anymore.

I think it's good that both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon got their well deserved remake treatment. But unless you got a giant publisher backing you up and you have the profits, companies like Rockstar aren't going to try to make new IPs if they feel it is a risk. Why would they take a risk when they got cash flowing every day from those Shark Cards in GTA Online?

Activision was involved with both Crash and Spyro, and the hordes of fans out there who are in my age group all wanted a remake. You need the numbers.

The days of experimenting and releasing a bunch of new IPs from the big companies are over. As much as I enjoy good indies, many of those developers simply do not have the budget to create anything big, so you're mostly getting 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit rehashes, and ideas they were already around decades ago. Or you basically release your classic compilation of 1980s to 2000s era titles in one package.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Yeah.. wish they did a remake of GTA & GTA 2 to current graphics & gameplay. 

And remaster GTA 3. 

I'm getting sick of seeing GTA 5..

GTA 5 PS3, GTA 5 PS4 and GTA 5 PS5. 

I'm actually shocked they didn't make a GTA 5 PS Vita. 

8 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Yea that would be cool. Personally I’d rather see Bully and Manhunt remastered. However I don’t see them doing anything of the sort as GTA online is their cash cow.

Didn't one of the guys at take 2 say we would like to remake are old games again in the future? So it's possible

On 6.7.2021 at 2:03 AM, mcnichoj said:

GTA Trilogy is on PS4/5.

GTAIV is on PC/Xbox.

That's true, but what do we get really as GTA Trilogy on Ps4? These are very bad ps2 ports, heartless ports just with trophies, textures from 2003....we speak of a real HD Remaster with HD Textures, more traffic, more people....a remaster of the class like spyro or crash bandicoot trilogy.

They even gave us a remaster of L.A. noire, but no gta 1-4, that's a shame, L.A. Noire looked totally ok on ps3... The same with Manhunt and The Warriors, just ps2 ports.

But there is 0% chance, rockstar relives manhunt in the political correctness days of today's society.

I will never understand why they never put Vice City Stories and Liberty City stories in the store and about a Manhunt remaster. This game got banned in a lot of countries back in the day I don't see any profit from it when they put out a remake of it and when it comes to a sequel of Bully, it sadly doesn't make sense because the fanbase of Bully is very small in the comparison of GTA or other R* titles.

Very hyped but I need further infos an resolution, framerates, texture details, trophies and so on