Can we relegate threads about shovelware to some sort of sub-section?

43 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I played a few POWGI, Ratalaika, and Breakthrough games with mixed experiences.

POWGI puzzles can be fun in doses, easy plats with guides, still easy but can be time consuming without.  I only buy these for half price out of principle.

Ratalaika, enjoyed a few of the games for what they are.  Super Destronaut, FullBlast, Jack N’ Jill, FoxyLand etc.  They have some gameplay and nostalgia value.   That was gaming in the old days!   Others like SageBrush, I just wanted to end.  I only buy these for $2.49 or less out of principle.

Breakthrough are the lowest denominator but they are harmless.  I did a couple of the “sports” ones (as I play a lot of sports games) and for $0.99, I have spent on a lot worse things.  The Racing one was an enjoyable 10-15 minute mini-game for me, trying to avoid the obstacles.  That was more enjoyment than I got out of Conan Exiles for example. 1f602.png

All are trophy whoring to a degree (as are so many others like Japanese visual novels, My Name is Mayo, Memory Lane, etc.), but who cares.  The folks who feel the need to snip at every post involving such a game, I feel worse for than those who choose to game how they wish.  

I play a lot of games with ultra rare platinums (grindy and difficult) so if I like to break it up with some freebies, good for me.  

I do think stacking, especially region stacking is fake and rather silly, but again harmless.  If you are leaderboard chasing in the first place, you are probably losing at life.  My 2 cents 1f601.png

This.  /Thread over

Anyway, play whatever you want, but (in my opinion) the bigger problem is 3+ stacks of the same thing.  You really arent playing the game at that point, just chasing a pointless leaderboard.

1 hour ago, F1rstinFlight said:

…Now I know how it feels to start a thread on this site and have people immediately jump down your throat. This is actually helpful experience for me haha. I’m not going to respond to this anymore and the mods can feel free to shut it down. 

…I’m going to personally try to stay out of toxic conversations around this issue and do my part to make the community better.

It’s cool. Sucks you feel that way. I’ll be dead honest with you, the non video game comment sections or forums I was using up until recently make PSNP seem like lollipops and rainbows. For the majority of the time. There are exceptions, like anywhere else. The trolling seems tame. Seriously so much toxicity there it would affect you physically and I have thick skin. I cut all that out. The mods here seem to do a good job of corralling things before they get out of hand. In some other places they do nothing. Anyway, just seems like fans from the same cut of gaming cloth that have good conversations or debates and the miscreants are kept at a minimum.

Edited by NMErickson

13 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Yes a seperate Thread, something like "I feel butthurt because the other members are playing games that I don't like". There this small minority can cry together while we enjoy our Breakthrough games and and help each other to get the Platinum with tips and tricks in our Threads. And that's what this Website was actually meant for.

You need help getting platinums in these games??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

If you are leaderboard chasing in the first place, you are probably losing at life.  My 2 cents ?

everything is subjective. casual gamers will look at your profile and see several thousands of trophies earned and hundreds of games played and assume you're a no lifer as well

live and let live....,.

Edited by HondaHoe
  • Like 1

Kind of an interesting topic because There was also a thread about having a rarity leaderboard and people who stack and discuss these breakthrough games and ratalaka stacks came on to it popping off about how nobody cares about rarity and UR's and how a rarity leaderboard was no good, from a very biased viewpoint, of course.  Before you know it the thread was removed.   to the opposite effect, they sure don't like anybody coming on their threads and speaking out about these easy game.  I mean tbh there is no need for a thread on how to make a 4 minute platinum into a two minute platinum anyway i'd at least agree on that. That is a trash thread in my viewpoint.  In the time it takes to read the thread you could have already had the platinum.  

8 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Kind of an interesting topic because There was also a thread about having a rarity leaderboard and people who stack and discuss these breakthrough games and ratalaka stacks came on to it popping off about how nobody cares about rarity and UR's and how a rarity leaderboard was no good, from a very biased viewpoint, of course.  Before you know it the thread was removed.   to the opposite effect, they sure don't like anybody coming on their threads and speaking out about these easy game.  I mean tbh there is no need for a thread on how to make a 4 minute platinum into a two minute platinum anyway i'd at least agree on that. That is a trash thread in my viewpoint.  In the time it takes to read the thread you could have already had the platinum.  

I also remember that part of the discussion was having trophies with more than 50% rarity not counted, which was a terrible idea.

20 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

I also remember that part of the discussion was having trophies with more than 50% rarity not counted, which was a terrible idea.

oh no that is a awesome idea because that eliminates all this bullshit breakthrough gaming and ratalaka gaming and puts them all out of business overnight.  Of course though it wouldn't because the idea was to actually have two leaderboards one for rarity and one for crap.  But I see why you say that another biased point of view..  You play these games so it's a bad idea to change it.  the reason to not award points for percentages over 50% are to eliminate all garbage trophies that involve no skill.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

I personally don’t have a problem with the threads. I will, however, once again throw out the suggestion that I’d LOVE for there to be a way for members to blacklist games from certain publishers on this site. Yesterday the “New Trophy Lists” section was filled to the brim with Breathrough trash, today it’s full of a ton of stacks of the same game. It’s an eyesore and it makes it more difficult to find new releases that actually look interesting. 

Also, @steel6burgh-I’d have no problem with a rarity leaderboard, but personally don’t think 50% rarity (plenty of AAA titles that are simply popular & fun hover around this) is high enough. 75% or higher might be more appropriate. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrillhelm said:

51 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

oh no that is a awesome idea because that eliminates all this bullshit breakthrough gaming and ratalaka gaming and puts them all out of business overnight.  Of course though it wouldn't because the idea was to actually have two leaderboards one for rarity and one for crap.  But I see why you say that another biased point of view..  You play these games so it's a bad idea to change it.  the reason to not award points for percentages over 50% are to eliminate all garbage trophies that involve no skill.  

It is a terrible idea. A separate (optional) rarity leaderboard could be harmless but when you start picking and choosing what trophies count or get added to this “crap” leaderboard you start getting into muddy waters. Super Meat Boy has a trophy at 70.30% but suddenly it won’t count because it’s too high? You worked hard for the plat but we can’t count that one 70.30% trophy it has. The system would be flawed and full of exceptions and arguments. Just what we need.

12 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

It is a terrible idea. A separate (optional) rarity leaderboard could be harmless but when you start picking and choosing what trophies count or get added to this “crap” leaderboard you start getting into muddy waters. Super Meat Boy has a trophy at 70.30% but suddenly it won’t count because it’s too high? You worked hard for the plat but we can’t count that one 70.30% trophy it has. The system would be flawed and full of exceptions and arguments. Just what we need.

absolutely the 70% rarity trophy in super meat boy won't count.  That's exactly it.  Its not picking and choosing it's simply any trophy above 50%.  there is no picking and choosing.  the 70.3 Trophy in SMB is probably an easy trophy.  Participation reward type stuff and it's the same for everybody thats why it is fair.   But as i've said I'm for having both.  It's the leaders at the top of the current leaderboard who only want it there  way.  

your argument isn't very we'll thought out.  that is the point to not pick and choose but to have a cut off so that these easy senseless minimal input games are disregard and as an effect some decent games will have trophies like a bronze for opening the map for the 1st time won't count either but it's ok because that is a shit trophy anyway right?

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

absolutely the 70% rarity trophy in super meat boy won't count.  That's exactly it.  Its not picking and choosing it's simply any trophy above 50%.  there is no picking and choosing.  the 70.3 Trophy in SMB is probably an easy trophy.  Participation reward type stuff and it's the same for everybody thats why it is fair.   But as i've said I'm for having both.  It's the leaders at the top of the current leaderboard who only want it there  way.  

your argument isn't very we'll thought out.  that is the point to not pick and choose but to have a cut off so that these easy senseless minimal input games are disregard and as an effect some decent games will have trophies like a bronze for opening the map for the 1st time won't count either but it's ok because that is a shit trophy anyway right?

There’s bigger fish to fry than worrying about the merits of a particular trophy. Cheating or multi region stacks are dirtier than getting a trophy for “opening a map” or passing the first level of a game. At least those are honest work, even if easy.

OP was about shovel ware discussions having it’s own subsection but I think everything else has been covered! We’re good. Besides, don’t we have more important things to do . Like play a game?! lol. I’m out but will sit back and enjoy the debates.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, zid2016 said:

Hilarious to read these complaints by some "Real trophy hunters" because other gamers don't follow their way of trophy hunting and play the games they think are worthy. Elitist bs.

it's also hilarious when people come cry about having 2nd rarity leaderboard because there easy 5 minute game won't count towards it and the real reward will go to the guy who sweats his ass off playing SMB or Nuclear Throne or something worthy of skill. Slacker bs.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

The idea is flawed since it also hits easier trophies of renowned games, like Little Big Planet. And games like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Ghost of Tsushima completely disappear.

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

With that logic, a AAA game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart wouldn't even be listed at all for any trophies at all since the plat is still around a 60% earned clip.

9 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

The idea is flawed since it also hits easier trophies of renowned games, like Little Big Planet. And games like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Ghost of Tsushima completely disappear.

Beat me to the punch. In reality, there should be a main leaderboard and a rarity leaderboard with certain filters for both. If people still have issues with either or, jump ship and go to TrueTrophies if you really think you're good. I'm pretty sure the numbers there are solid, and I hear very few complaints if at all.

Overall, rarity is the god stat of trophy hunting. Bar none, since it's based on who's got what by the ownership. Regardless of difficulty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

no that doesn't make it flawed.  that is the whole point easy trophies are easy trophy it doesn't matter what game they're in. the trophies in those games above 50% would still count.  Your way of thinking is flawed because you are making a biased argument.  You play these games you don't want to loose them ..I get it.  

4 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

With that logic, a AAA game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart wouldn't even be listed at all for any trophies at all since the plat is still around a 60% earned clip.

Beat me to the punch. In reality, there should be a main leaderboard and a rarity leaderboard with certain filters for both. If people still have issues with either or, jump ship and go to TrueTrophies if you really think you're good. I'm pretty sure the numbers there are solid, and I hear very few complaints if at all.

Overall, rarity is the god stat of trophy hunting. Bar none, since it's based on who's got what by the ownership. Regardless of difficulty.

exactly man there should be both thank you.  On the rarity leaderboard rift apart wouldn't count towards points however it would still show up on your list.  think of it like this the people who want a rarity leaderboard only want difficult games to count. rift part isn't challenging enough to reward points on this particular leaderboard however it still counts as a platinum and it still counts towards the regular leaderboard.  How is that so unfair?   someone who understands!

• Like 1

The LB got bastardized because of 2 mins ezpz stack plats so you want another LB where at least you can compete AGAIN like in old times where getting trophies meant something more than spend money.... So you are an.... Elitist mf!

Att: The very understanding and non toxic ezpz community of PSNP

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

no that doesn't make it flawed.  that is the whole point easy trophies are easy trophy it doesn't matter what game they're in. the trophies in those games above 50% would still count.  Your way of thinking is flawed because you are making a biased argument.  You play these games you don't want to loose them ..I get it.  

exactly man there should be both thank you.  On the rarity leaderboard rift apart wouldn't count towards points however it would still show up on your list.  think of it like this the people who want a rarity leaderboard only want difficult games to count. rift part isn't challenging enough to reward points on this particular leaderboard however it still counts as a platinum and it still counts towards the regular leaderboard.  How is that so unfair?   someone who understands!

50% (or any single percentage) is so arbitrary.  Are you saying that a 49.9% trophy counts full credit (as much as a 0.01% trophy?!) but a 50.1% counts as zero credit?

There needs to be a sliding scale, like how psntrophyleaders does it.

Very heavily weighted to Ultra Rares.  Then Very Rare and so on so that Commons give you squat.

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

50% (or any single percentage) is so arbitrary.  Are you saying that a 49.9% trophy counts full credit (as much as a 0.01% trophy?!) but a 50.1% counts as zero credit?

There needs to be a sliding scale, like how psntrophyleaders does it.

Very heavily weighted to Ultra Rares.  Then Very Rare and so on so that Commons give you squat.

no it doesn't count the same as a sub 1% trophy the outline for the distribution of points was on the rarity leaderboard thread you can still look at it there.  Sub 1% get a ton of points and 50% only gets a few.   A sliding scale is how it is nowhere did i say any of that what you just said.  right now with the current formula we have people getting the same points for a 2 minute platinum as a 100hr platinum don't see how that isn't flawed.   But i'm done discussing it here. This started out as something else and turned into this so I'm done.  I can't blame people who spend 1000s hours playing these games for being biased.  If i had that time sunk into that crap I'd be biased too probably.    Good luck!

Edited by steel6burgh

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

To recap:

Ratalaika games = Good.

Ratalaika trophy policy = Bad.

Breakthrough = Worse.

Stacking good games  = Fine.

Stacking EZPZ games = Silly, but harmless.

Multiple Region Stacking = Bad.

Attacking people for it = Worse.

Asking the site to change because you yourself cannot exercise any self control, and can't help but attack people = Priceless.

Does that help with the confoundment?

excellent summary……. And I will second the motion thst you are lovely 

• Like 1