With all these patches, how time consuming is now the Platinum for this game?

Valkyre4

Since the game has received so many patches that as I understand it affect the drop % of the collectibles, how time consuming is the platinum now?

I have already finished the game but on an alt account and I was wondering if I should go for the platinum on my main account. The reason I played on the alt is exactly the fact that the collectibles are a pain to collect.

Thanks.

Most biomes came rather naturally while playing through acts 1-3. I'd say i did 7 runs each exploring and collecting everything.

Biome 2 was a different thing, though. I had to do like 10 additional speedruns to get the survey done. I can't recommend enough to always do a "full" run to the top of the mountain. I saw some guides where they adviced to only do the desert section and hope for very rare rooms to spawn. But i strongly believe they added additional spawn locations for some collectibles. I have never seen some of the rooms shown in video guides.

Took me about 30 hours to get the Platinum and I started two weeks ago, says 34 hours on my profile but there was lots of times where I left it idle. 

Got pretty lucky with RNG on the survey  trophies and didin't have to run any Biome more than 10 times. Completing the game can be challenging but imo the pacing of the challenge is perfect and your skill improves the further you get.

Either way highly recommend, fantastic game and easily my GOTY so far!

• Like 1

Took me 35 hours and 100 runs total, had a few where I messed up early and I would just suicide and start fresh. If you like the gameplay loop, worth going for the Platinum. RNG wasn't so bad for me felt like when I started hunting the collectibles I found them relatively quickly Biome 2 was the outlier for me there though. 

Hope you enjoy it when you jump in!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I had 27 hours in-game when I got the platinum this morning.

10+ of them were collectible hunting though, I had relatively good luck overall, didn’t had any issue with scout logs or trophy glitches at all. And like most people here, didn’t took me more than 10 runs each except biome 2 which is pretty easy to speedrun.

I can’t recommend enough to keep track of your glyphs, you’ll definitely be 1-2 short by the end of the journey and knowing which of them are saves A LOT of time for efficient speed-run. Just watch a video and keep crossing them as you go.

I had a MAJOR issue with this game though, the first time I completed Act 3, I closed the app and it stuck on the closing screen (the thing is, this game only saves your progress after closing), so I had to hard-close it and the save corrupted, losing a good 3 hours of gameplay, which can be devastating if you get RNG lucky with some glyphs and stuff. It happened to me AGAIN after restarting 5 cycles in a row in Biome 2 and had to restore data base.

I would recommend to close and save your progress each 2-3 runs specially if you find good stuff. Hope they patch this soon because it’s a red flag as a mountain.

On a side note, completing all acts is pretty good experience, difficulty wise is pretty standard 5-6/10, except the stupid drones in biome 5. Grinding RNG part wasn’t too bad after patch but its incredibly boring and does not add anything meaningful to the experience, good thing they shortened the grind.

Cheers

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fwiw, took me 26 in-game hours beginning to end to get the plat, which included a fair amount of time looking online for what rooms to look for for each sunface fragment and the cipher rooms to look for. I have a lot of experience playing shooters, and played them competitively (CoD) for years, so my reaction time is naturally very good. Mileage will vary based on skill. I found the first biome to be the hardest due to learning all the systems at play. Once I figured them out though, I cleared the game without dying again. Clean up collectibles was easy enough to just sprint through all the rectangle and non-locked triangle doors and go to each upside down triangle marker and dodge all enemy fire, but certainly time consuming. Took me probably a fair bit longer in collectible cleanup than most will due to the speed I cleared the game, so I only saw one set of rooms for biomes 2-6 before beating the game.

10/10 experience overall during gameplay; significantly less than 10/10 when going for the collectibles lol

Edited by Im2Fast_4U

19 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

Fwiw, took me 26 in-game hours beginning to end to get the plat, which included a fair amount of time looking online for what rooms to look for for each sunface fragment and the cipher rooms to look for. I have a lot of experience playing shooters, and played them competitively (CoD) for years, so my reaction time is naturally very good. Mileage will vary based on skill. I found the first biome to be the hardest due to learning all the systems at play. Once I figured them out though, I cleared the game without dying again. Clean up collectibles was easy enough to just sprint through all the rectangle and non-locked triangle doors and go to each upside down triangle marker and dodge all enemy fire, but certainly time consuming. Took me probably a fair bit longer in collectible cleanup than most will due to the speed I cleared the game, so I only saw one set of rooms for biomes 2-6 before beating the game.

10/10 experience overall during gameplay; significantly less than 10/10 when going for the collectibles lol

I found a log in a locked side room, a lot say none behind locked doors so im not sure if the patches put this Log behind the locked door, or the same room can spawn with an open door...........I guess either way it could still be behind a locked door if it's chance just like it did for me. Maybe that's the problem, Players are ignoring locked doors when cleaning up as advised, but Log/s can actually appear behind locked doors so if ur unlucky, u may never find ur log ur yr ignoring locked doors!!

I think they buffed Adrenaline Leech as well, well they nerfed it but now buffed it again. It use to heal 5%, but apparently it was nerfed to 2%. But now it's back on 5% and also gives you damage siphon on adrenaline lvl 1!!

And Digital Deluxe edition for any1 interested can get u OP weapon in 5 minutes which normally doesn't come till much later

Edited by Optinooby