Best Dualshock 3 alternative in 2021

cometowner

16 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

I use an adapter converter that let's me use a Dualshock 4 for my PS3

As far as i know, you don't need to use a adapter anymore on PS3, to use the Dualshock 4 controller.

They made a update a while ago to the console, that lets you just plug in the controller.

Edited by Kehaan
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kehaan said:

As far as i know, you don't need to use a adapter anymore on PS3, to use the Dualshock 4 controller.

They made a update a while ago to the console, that lets you just plug in the controller.

I didn't know that, that is good to know, thanks

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

7 Alternative Playstation 4 controllers [SUPER UPDATE] (videogamethings.com)

Of the ones on this list I've only used the Hori Pad FPS which I really liked. I just don't know if you'll find any of those at good prices if you can't find the originals.

PS3 alternative, not PS4

28 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Just plug in the DS4 on the PS3 and you can use it for most games

PS4 controller doesn't work with Max Payne 3

Edited by cometowner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cometowner said:

My original Dualshock 3 is dying and cannot find a genuine one in my region. What are the best third-party/alternative Dualshock 3 controllersi can buy in 2021? 

Finding good controllers is a headache for PS3, you can't find good quality ones easily, most will suffer from inacurate analogs and sensors (if they even have sixaxis sensors).

If you can, buy a CronusMax, it has good compatibility (and you can use it as a buffed turbo controller for combo scripts) and will make Dualshock 4 work pretty good on PS3 (probably even with Max Payne 3, as the system detects cronusmax as a PS3 controller).

• Like 1

I just got a Hori Pad FPS in the mail yesterday. I haven't used it on the PS3 yet, but I think it could be good. The form factor feels better than a DS3 to my hands, but not as nice as a DS4. I was previously using a DS4 connected to the PS3 with USB cable or TPLGO. My favorite is the DS4, but you don't get full functionality. The TPLGO was... fine. It worked with everything I tried playing with it, form factor was pretty good, buttons were a little too stiff. It doesn't look like they are available now, but the info might be useful if you see a review comparing another third party controller to the TPLGO.

• Like 2

I just recently bought a Hori FPS Pro and its the best controller purchase I ever made. You can use it with PS3 AND PS4, plus its got turbos and other things...its also wired, super long wire, just perfect.2yhak7V.png

2 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I just recently bought a Hori FPS Pro and its the best controller purchase I ever made. You can use it with PS3 AND PS4, plus its got turbos and other things...its also wired, super long wire, just perfect.2yhak7V.png

can you confirm once if it's at least working with max payne 3. if yes then it would be compatible with most of the ps3 games? 

by the way its not available in my region and need to buy it from amazaon cost+delivery charges is 71.24 USD

15 minutes ago, cometowner said:

can you confirm once if it's at least working with max payne 3. if yes then it would be compatible with most of the ps3 games? 

by the way its not available in my region and need to buy it from amazaon cost+delivery charges is 71.24 USD

I have used it on many PS3 games with no issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Unfortunately I cannot confirm it working with max payne 3, I dont have that game but the controller should work with all games. I don't see why it doesnt work. It is a legit controller.

So deliver charge is around what? 15-20$ USD for you because amazon is about 60$ for the controller, I got mine off ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262627952792 blue

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262627952815 red

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252541917493 black

all free shipping but may vary by your region.

this the rate if to be shipped to my region 

54+18 USD ?

in amazon 

56.5+11.35 

i think will order it. product review is ok 

Edited by cometowner

7 hours ago, cometowner said:

amazon 

56.5+11.35 

i think will order it. product review is ok 

Oh that shipping isn't bad. That's good. 

You should be happy with purchase, these are like the last of the best controllers. Wont be around much longer.

On 06/07/2021 at 9:27 PM, maiathewinners said:

Just plug in the DS4 on the PS3 and you can use it for most games

Anyone know if it's a thing where some digital PS3 games don't work with the DS4 paired? This happened to when I tried Okami HD. Not sure if it's a one-time glitch or something that happens with some games.

4 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Anyone know if it's a thing where some digital PS3 games don't work with the DS4 paired? This happened to when I tried Okami HD. Not sure if it's a one-time glitch or something that happens with some games.

Happened to me with a digital copy of MGSV: The Phantom Pain, seems to be an issue with the DS4 showing as a generic offbrand bluetooth controller to the PS3

I hated the Hori pad that people are recommending, the analog triggers for  R2/L2 suck, they are basically flat buttons that never seemed to register properly. I had a few and they all did the same thing. 

I like the PowerA version, but that is getting harder to find and it doesn't support rumble or Six Axis which I've needed in some games, so I have to pull out the original DS3s for some games to progress.

The cheap ones on amazon are all Chinese junk from the same factory. They might work for a month or so, but they'll drift in no time. Absolute junk

I'd love to find a good alternative, but not sure there are any.

8 minutes ago, Gueeds said:

I hated the Hori pad that people are recommending, the analog triggers for  R2/L2 suck, they are basically flat buttons that never seemed to register properly. I had a few and they all did the same thing. 

I used it fine for Fortnite and whatever other games were coming out when that released back in 2017.

(Had a huge rat infestation around this time, so they chewed up the cable and I replaced it once with another Hori but after they destroyed the second one I reluctantly went back to the DS3/4, Hori to this day was one of the best unofficial alternatives I've used for any console.)

Personally outside of their GameCube controllers I've had no use for PowerA products.