Best Dualshock 3 alternative in 2021

cometowner

The usb convertor/adapter sounds like a good idea. 

2 of the 3 DS3 I own have the random buttons presses issue, so I’ll just use the dualshock 4, and since I have 3 gens of playstation charging stations on my desk, that will also save space 

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but a fake DS3 controller. The ones you can get from AliExpress. I have tried many controllers for the PS3, even my PS4 and PS5 controllers. But a fake DS3 controller has been my "go-to".

YMMV, however.

9 minutes ago, frontzie said:

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but a fake DS3 controller. The ones you can get from AliExpress. I have tried many controllers for the PS3, even my PS4 and PS5 controllers. But a fake DS3 controller has been my "go-to".

YMMV, however.

you meant the DS3 fake works for you.?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 3:36 AM, Gueeds said:

I hated the Hori pad that people are recommending, the analog triggers for  R2/L2 suck, they are basically flat buttons that never seemed to register properly. I had a few and they all did the same thing. 

I like the PowerA version, but that is getting harder to find and it doesn't support rumble or Six Axis which I've needed in some games, so I have to pull out the original DS3s for some games to progress.

The cheap ones on amazon are all Chinese junk from the same factory. They might work for a month or so, but they'll drift in no time. Absolute junk

I'd love to find a good alternative, but not sure there are any.

yes, i add my voice to your statement Hori designed for FPS only. 

I bought Voyee PS3 controller for 13 USD from amazon. 

71wmcKLSwOS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Truly the best cheap PS3 controller. what I liked about it so far precision of the analog stick which is in a bar with Dualshock 3

1) battery life is good

2) built quality is solid