[DISPROVED] PS4 version also free with PS+ ? (EU only?)

OK, I may be wrong on this one, but as far as I know, it's just the PS5 version that was supposed to be included in the PS+ games this month, right?

But after adding the PS5 version to my game library, I was also able to add the PS4 version for free and I have now no option to buy the game, whether on the PS4 store or the webstore.

I'm currently downloading the game to check if its not just the demo version, but this will take a few hours as I only have a DSL line. And as I already stated, I can't seems to be able to buy the full game anymore and on the dashboard my PS4 is stating that I'm downloading the full game indeed.

So did I missed something (highly plausible) or is there a glitch in the licence management system of the PSN that allows people who added the PS5 version to their library to add the original PS4 game for free? But if someone would take the time to try to reproduce this, we may have a way for PS+ members without PS5 to play the game.

Edited by Tetho_mig

16 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

OK, I may be wrong on this one, but as far as I know, it's just the PS5 version that was supposed to be included in the PS+ games this month, right?

But after adding the PS5 version to my game library, I was also able to add the PS4 version for free and I have now no option to buy the game, whether on the PS4 store or the webstore.

I'm currently downloading the game to check if its not just the demo version, but this will take a few hours as I only have a DSL line. And as I already stated, I can't seems to be able to buy the full game anymore and on the dashboard my PS4 is stating that I'm downloading the full game indeed.

So did I missed something (highly plausible) or is there a glitch in the licence management system of the PSN that allows people who added the PS5 version to their library to add the original PS4 game for free? But if someone would take the time to try to reproduce this, we may have a way for PS+ members without PS5 to play the game.

you should have got a receipt via email - that will tell you if it's the trial or the full version.

A similar thing happened to me a few months back but the other way around - after adding BL3 to my account via PS Now, I was able to grab the PS5 version for 'free' - not tied to any sub, just a free game.

OK, so this is indeed the trial version, I just finished the first chapter and got kicked to the main menu after a short trailer. BUT, if I select the "download the full game" option, I'm redirect to the PSN where the game appears as bought. So it seems that PS4 owners can indeed get the game with their PS+ subscription.

I'm downloading the rest of the game and will update accordingly in a few hours.

17 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

OK, so this is indeed the trial version, I just finished the first chapter and got kicked to the main menu after a short trailer. BUT, if I select the "download the full game" option, I'm redirect to the PSN where the game appears as bought. So it seems that PS4 owners can indeed get the game with their PS+ subscription.

I'm downloading the rest of the game and will update accordingly in a few hours.

let us know if u unlocked any trophies. that will be the proof as trials dont have trophies

its very odd. downloaded trial (marked as complete game on psn). in the menu its wrote "trial" and there is the "download complete game" option. after clicking it redirects to ps store and there is "complete game" as already purchased and already installed, so basically no option to upgrade/install. anyway game doesnt show in trophy list

Edited by XpanderFX
  • Like 1

just tested this and it was showing as needing to be bought, downloaded the demo and now it shows that i own the game, i claimed the ps5 version 1st 

still showing as the trail version atm will update when the whole game has downloaded.

Edited by Leenewbe

going to get it in case they give the ps4 version too.

edit: looks like it says full price (plenty of time to buy the copy used for ps4).

i'll just add these 3 games to the backlog.

Edited by kingdrake2

5 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

5 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

Yep it says trial version, but I have no way to buy the full game anywhere. And I checked my US account,  which don't have a PS+ subscription, and can confirm that I can buy the full game there.

3 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

2 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

Unfortunately I already have the platinum. I bought and played a physical copy of the game last year.

Its false alarm guys. Theto forgot that he bought PS4 version last year.

41 minutes ago, DAS2in1 said:

Its false alarm guys. Theto forgot that he bought PS4 version last year.

ehm physical. nothing to do with digital...

anyway this whole situation its quite annoying. sony gives  PS5 only games so people will have more reason to buy a PS5, when problem isnt people but sony itself as cant produce enough ps5's. another annoying situation is FF7remake. i have the ps4 version (ps+) but its not upgradable to ps5..ridicolous

Edited by XpanderFX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

There must be an issue in North America too as they pulled the PS4 listing for Plague's Tale at some point.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4133-CUSA11032_00-APLAGUETALEGAME0

I'm going to contact the PR again. The PS4 version has vanished on all stores. Only the PS4 trial and PS5 full version is there in NA and EU.

It may be like the Epic Games Store, having to temp remove a version off sale whilst another is being given as free. In this case, it may have to disable the PS4 version whilst giving the PS5 version out to ensure people can't grab the PS4 version (my theory, EGS does that). It would also explain why we got Wreckfest a month before it was on sale and able to be upgraded and I think other PS5-only PS Plus games have also launched without a live PS4 counterpart during the year.

I'll send them a query and update if I get an answer.

• Like 1

On NA (in the PS4 store) it shows the button to buy it and a button to try the free demo. This after claiming the PS5 version. So no free game after all.

Huh.

Edited by Katt

Finally downloaded the full game, turns out I'm in the same situation as XpanderFX.

On the dashboard the game is clearly marked as the full game (Jeu Complet means full game in French)

RWzNANZ.jpeg

but in the game if I try to load my endgame save from my last playthrough, it says that this is only the trial version and that I should buy the full game to access it

fIMjXwz.jpg

OK, but then again if I try to buy it on the PS Store, it says that I already got the full game.

cHFzEIC.jpeg

So there was indeed a glitch with the licence management for this game, but this time instead of benefiting the player it locked them out of being able to buy the game... Not a problem for me, as I still have my physical copy, but it might have caused inconveniences to those who don't. I'll contact Sony support to se what they can do about this.

Well, that's all for this story, sorry to have wasted everyone's time with it.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 1:29 AM, Tetho_mig said:

Finally downloaded the full game, turns out I'm in the same situation as XpanderFX.

On the dashboard the game is clearly marked as the full game (Jeu Complet means full game in French)

RWzNANZ.jpeg

but in the game if I try to load my endgame save from my last playthrough, it says that this is only the trial version and that I should buy the full game to access it

fIMjXwz.jpg

OK, but then again if I try to buy it on the PS Store, it says that I already got the full game.

cHFzEIC.jpeg

So there was indeed a glitch with the licence management for this game, but this time instead of benefiting the player it locked them out of being able to buy the game... Not a problem for me, as I still have my physical copy, but it might have caused inconveniences to those who don't. I'll contact Sony support to se what they can do about this.

Well, that's all for this story, sorry to have wasted everyone's time with it.

Yeah same here, i've just checked both the web and the PS4 Store and there's only one entry for the game, no way to purchase it anymore. I guess that the only solution is to kindly ask the PlayStation Support (lmao good luck with that) to remove it from your Library.